Hagar

10 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Huffman Hargrave

LCM

Vidor

Splendora

Livingston

Lumberton

The top 3 are all capable of being district champs and I don't think anyone is going undefeated or winless this season (if we play, which I don't think is happening).

Everyone is going to beat on each other. I don't think there's a team here that head and shoulders above the group. probably looking at tiebreakers, point differentials and coin flips the first week of November to figure out who keeps play and who stays home.

Definitely don’t see lumberton in last. Lumberton will be in playoffs again 

9 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

LOL, the last time it shows that Vidor got into the playoffs was in 1964. I will give you guys this, you made it to the Semi-Finals one game away from state. Pretty nice except that back then the Semi finals was only the 3 games deep, otherwise known as the Regionals nowadays same depth Lumberton has made..

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here because Vidor has been to the playoffs several times recently. Are you talking about making a run deep into the playoffs? The only playoff success we’ve had recently was the Montana Quirante led teams. I believe those squads made it to 2nd and 3rd round games. This years team will be there and I expect them to win a game or two.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, SmashMouth said:

Idk if that was in order or not @RaiderGirl2010  

if so, putting Vidor at number 3 makes no sense, whatsoever. 

Hargrave is tough and LCM just finds a way. The Pirates are just gonna have to prove it to me. I wouldn't be shocked if they finished above LCM but the Falcons are a well oiled machine and until I see it, I'm not going against the champ.

I put Lumberton last because I wasn't impressed with them. Livingston gave that game was away due to unforced errors. I don't see them making those mistakes in year 3 of the rebuild.

May not matter anyway with the virus getting worse by the day. UIL is calling for a break this week. A lot of schools in Houston are contemplating home schooling this fall. 

18 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Hargrave is tough and LCM just finds a way. The Pirates are just gonna have to prove it to me. I wouldn't be shocked if they finished above LCM but the Falcons are a well oiled machine and until I see it, I'm not going against the champ.

I put Lumberton last because I wasn't impressed with them. Livingston gave that game was away due to unforced errors. I don't see them making those mistakes in year 3 of the rebuild.

May not matter anyway with the virus getting worse by the day. UIL is calling for a break this week. A lot of schools in Houston are contemplating home schooling this fall. 

Were you at that Lumberton v Livingston game?

2-8 season

0-5 in District 

must have had a WHOLE LOT of “unforced errors”. 🤭

As I posted on another thread, even Dr. Fauci said, “we need to do whatever we can to get kids back in schools”.   And if we have school, we should have football.  There’s more contact in the halls of schools between classes than you’ll ever see on a football field.   As with other activities, each player should have a daily temperature check prior to practice or games.  Stadium crowds are where the most danger lies.  There will be older people, more susceptible to catching the virus.  And attendance should be spaced and limited.   Immediate family members first.  Jmo

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, LC-M said:

Here is our last 5 years of our teams records in our district you can see we have no world beaters.

Vidor 25-24

LCM 21-31

Livingston 7-41

Lumberton 27-25

Splendora 23- 27

Huffman 31-23

Huffman looks solid there, but last years preseason opponents were terrible.  It’s not unusual to have a few easy games, but none of the 5 had a winning season. But in their defense, they cruised through District.   Lost a lot.  Might win it again but it won’t be easy.

20 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Huffman looks solid there, but last years preseason opponents were terrible.  It’s not unusual to have a few easy games, but none of the 5 had a winning season. But in their defense, they cruised through District.   Lost a lot.  Might win it again but it won’t be easy.

I agree. I still think Vidor is at the top. Huffman and LCM. Lumberton should finish it off.  Splendora and Livingston will be battling for who’s not last 

7 hours ago, LC-M said:

I agree. I still think Vidor is at the top. Huffman and LCM. Lumberton should finish it off.  Splendora and Livingston will be battling for who’s not last 

Is attrition the reason for Splendora’s drop from the top? Two seasons ago, they were at the top of the heap. 

Honestly I see it this way. Boykin is gonna do his thing. And Lumberton always seems to give us tough games no matter what their record is. Hh is gonna do its thing but I see them being 3rd. I see the number 1 spot being decided in the Vidor Lumberton game. Boykin vs conn and root. Gonna be good for sure. I know Vincent is looking forward to introducing himself to Boykin. (Old school reference for all y’all age challenged folks)

Other than Livingston & Splendora (unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat) there’ll be some good ball games.  The other four better give 110% when playing each other.   Vidor appears the favorite, but they best not let their guard down.  Not a powerhouse District, but good balance.

I see Splendora even beat Lumberton last year.  Can’t imagine how.  Ltown had a good team.

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

Other than Livingston & Splendora (unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat) there’ll be some good ball games.  The other four better give 110% when playing each other.   Vidor appears the favorite, but they best not let their guard down.  Not a powerhouse District, but good balance.

I see Splendora even beat Lumberton last year.  Can’t imagine how.  Ltown had a good team.

Not trying to play devils advocate but for the sake of debating  what do you consider good? Lumberton places 4th in a not so good district right? I don’t think that’s really a good thing...

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Not trying to play devils advocate but for the sake of debating  what do you consider good? Lumberton places 4th in a not so good district right? I don’t think that’s really a good thing...

Other than Huffman Hargrave, who had a good team in that district last year?

On 7/4/2020 at 10:32 AM, SmashMouth said:

Were you at that Lumberton v Livingston game?

2-8 season

0-5 in District 

must have had a WHOLE LOT of “unforced errors”. 🤭

I was there. I stand by what I said.

Livingston was better than their record. And the Lumberton game was closer than the scoreboard indicated due to the errors by the Lions.

Stupid holding penalties away from the action cost a lot of kickoff and punt return touchdowns last year. The QB will be better and they are by far the fastest team in district (a bit undersized though)

If there's a season, they'll improve the win total, including in district. 

I don't think anyone is going undefeated here, and no one is going to winless either.

We're going to dealing with point spreads and coin tosses after Nov. 6 to figure out the district champ and playoff teams. 

3 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I was there. I stand by what I said.

Livingston was better than their record. And the Lumberton game was closer than the scoreboard indicated due to the errors by the Lions.

Stupid holding penalties away from the action cost a lot of kickoff and punt return touchdowns last year. The QB will be better and they are by far the fastest team in district (a bit undersized though)

If there's a season, they'll improve the win total, including in district. 

I don't think anyone is going undefeated here, and no one is going to winless either.

We're going to dealing with point spreads and coin tosses after Nov. 6 to figure out the district champ and playoff teams. 

I will agree and even said so last year. They were better than their record. They did not, however, give that game away. They were penalty prone though. Especially the kid that got thrown out of the game. Their holding had nothing to do with giving up 3 scores though. Maybe coulda been a closer game by a score, but that’s about it. Hope both teams have a better season. 

20 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Honestly I see it this way. Boykin is gonna do his thing. And Lumberton always seems to give us tough games no matter what their record is. Hh is gonna do its thing but I see them being 3rd. I see the number 1 spot being decided in the Vidor Lumberton game. Boykin vs conn and root. Gonna be good for sure. I know Vincent is looking forward to introducing himself to Boykin. (Old school reference for all y’all age challenged folks)

Boykin’s a real good athlete, but Lumberton doesn’t throw that much, right?

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That dude graduated. Nice kid off the field. 

Lumberton did what it had to do to put the game out of reach. Remove some of the mistakes, maybe it's a different game.  And I acknowledge mistakes are a big part of the game.

I just don't believe Lumberton is heads and above anyone in this district.

2 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

That dude graduated. Nice kid off the field. 

Lumberton did what it had to do to put the game out of reach. Remove some of the mistakes, maybe it's a different game.  And I acknowledge mistakes are a big part of the game.

I just don't believe Lumberton is heads and above anyone in this district.

No disagreement in this post. Even last year, HH was the only team that was indisputable. 

9 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Understand, “good” is a relative term.   They were 8-4, and I think they were second in District, losing to HH & Splendora so 3-2, tied with LCM, who Ltown beat in OT.  And when I said good, I was merely referring to teams in that District.

Looking forward to seeing all the previews posted so we can see how many starters returning from each team.  HH only has 5, but I think they’ll be better than that indicates.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Understand, “good” is a relative term.   They were 8-4, and I think they were second in District, losing to HH & Splendora so 3-2, tied with LCM, who Ltown beat in OT.  And when I said good, I was merely referring to teams in that District.

Looking forward to seeing all the previews posted so we can see how many starters returning from each team.  HH only has 5, but I think they’ll be better than that indicates.

Correct. 
1st HH, 2nd Lumberton, 3rd LC-M, 4th BC

I think that’s how it went. Lumberton had same district record as LC-M but beat LC-M head to head.