Everyone about to get a $1,000 check?

PhatMack19

13 minutes ago, Hagar said:

This post has to come with a warning - You may feint.  A CNN Reporter praising President Trump.

This is the hidden content, please

She looks good enough to be on Fox. People don’t want to admit it, but Trump is a leader. In times of crisis, we all look to our leaders to do just that......lead.

I think I will use my $1000 to put down on a set of tires for my truck. Isn’t that terrible? That won’t cover a set of truck tires.

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

But it will help keep the tire company open, help the guy who mounts them keep his job, and help that same guy buy groceries for his family thus keeping the grocery store open and not laying off people  in such an extraordinary time.

Aah, the cycle of money. Happy to be able to contribute. I was just complaining about prices.

36 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Gasp...you're going to accept government assistance?

I am not accepting but glad it is available in extraordinary times .   something that can and should be done in national emergencies but not on an every day basis.  If you do it all the time, it makes it nearly impossible to do it when it is most needed

24 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am not accepting but glad it is available in extraordinary times .   something that can and should be done in national emergencies but not on an every day basis.  If you do it all the time, it makes it nearly impossible to do it when it is most needed

What happened to pulling yourself up by your bootstraps

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

Also heard someone suggest that in order to keep locally owned restaurants afloat, buy gift certificates from them.   Helps them with cash flow and gives you or someone you give the certificate to to have a good meal somewhere in the future

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

I have a solution.  Accept it and buy gift certificates to local restaurants, and then do with them what you like (you could even donate to local “feed the hungry” type charities).  Win-win.   Besides, while declining may be noble (well, IS noble) in principle, I know good and well you’ve paid more than your fair share in taxes. 

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Gasp...you're going to accept government assistance?

There’s a difference. I pay in many many many thousands each year, because I’m willing to work for it, and not accept the fact that I can choose to do nothing and let the left wing-nuts keep me down by buying my vote with just enough to survive. I will give mine to my newly pregnant daughter and her husband to help with the birth cost. But those truck tires sound pretty good too... 🤭

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

There’s a difference. I pay in many many many thousands each year, because I’m willing to work for it, and not accept the fact that I can choose to do nothing and let the left wing-nuts keep me down by buying my vote with just enough to survive. I will give mine to my newly pregnant daughter and her husband to help with the birth cost. But those truck tires sound pretty good too... 🤭

I owed on my income tax this year. Just about to get it back. That’s why I said it’s “MY MONEY” to Big Girl......and I need tires.

She doesn't know the difference between assistance and living off the mammary gland of the working class.

27 minutes ago, baddog said:

I owed on my income tax this year. Just about to get it back. That’s why I said it’s “MY MONEY” to Big Girl......and I need tires.

She doesn't know the difference between assistance and living off the mammary gland of the working class.

I gotta get out more. The “mammary gland” reference kinda got my wheels turning.