MIT Biologist Says Caronavirus Will Go Down As Biggest Fraud To Manipulate Economies!

Reagan

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah, but science only has to worry about science. The CDC’s main focus is making sure that not a single person more is infected. They’ll recommend taking whatever steps are necessary to make sure that transmission of this virus is stopped.

In the real world, leaders have to balance the CDC’s very focused suggestions on disease control with the practical needs of the community as a whole. 
it’s be great if we could send everybody home for 56 days of complete and total isolation, but people still need to eat. Trucks need to make deliveries, shelves must be stocked, streets patrolled, 

People are about to realize why having a savings account equal to six months months living expenses is so much better than having an iPhone 11, a new car, and a dozen pairs of Jordans. 

Later... gotta go tend to my garden.  

Great post

While I agree, to a certain extent, about the science claims it may be wise to look at all claims with a bit of skepticism and I will give a few reasons why.   Ten or twelve years ago, "science" said New York City would be under a foot or two of water by now.  There was a time when"science" said the oil shortage was so severe that we would run out by a certain date in the future.   Yet, today, oil is trading in the $20 per barrel range.  I distinctly remember a major brokerage/banking firm publishing a report predicting $200 per barrel ( it was written when oil was around $100 per barrel)   Lastly, a recent personal experience.  I had an arteriogram done last week and " science" ( interpretation of the data) stated that i needed an immediate double bypass.  Rather than accepting that "scientific interpretation", I visited with another cardiothoracic surgeon who said it was absolutely not necessary.   In an effort to validate his contention, he referred me to another cardiologist in Houston whom I visited last Tuesday and his "scientific interpretation" of the data was also that no surgery is necessary.  These three doctors all have a similar educational  background and yet their interpretations were vastly different.    One told me that the original test was improperly run.  One told me that the data was mistinterpreted.  The other said I needed surgery within the next 5 days.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah, but science only has to worry about science. The CDC’s main focus is making sure that not a single person more is infected. They’ll recommend taking whatever steps are necessary to make sure that transmission of this virus is stopped.

In the real world, leaders have to balance the CDC’s very focused suggestions on disease control with the practical needs of the community as a whole. 
it’s be great if we could send everybody home for 56 days of complete and total isolation, but people still need to eat. Trucks need to make deliveries, shelves must be stocked, streets patrolled, 

People are about to realize why having a savings account equal to six months months living expenses is so much better than having an iPhone 11, a new car, and a dozen pairs of Jordans

Wait, do you mean you are supposed to accumulate the emboldened on your own?   So many think that belongs under governmental responsibility.

14 minutes ago, stevenash said:

While I agree, to a certain extent, about the science claims it may be wise to look at all claims with a bit of skepticism and I will give a few reasons why.   Ten or twelve years ago, "science" said New York City would be under a foot or two of water by now.  There was a time when"science" said the oil shortage was so severe that we would run out by a certain date in the future.   Yet, today, oil is trading in the $20 per barrel range.  I distinctly remember a major brokerage/banking firm publishing a report predicting $200 per barrel ( it was written when oil was around $100 per barrel)   Lastly, a recent personal experience.  I had an arteriogram done last week and " science" ( interpretation of the data) stated that i needed an immediate double bypass.  Rather than accepting that "scientific interpretation", I visited with another cardiothoracic surgeon who said it was absolutely not necessary.   In an effort to validate his contention, he referred me to another cardiologist in Houston whom I visited last Tuesday and his "scientific interpretation" of the data was also that no surgery is necessary.  These three doctors all have a similar educational  background and yet their interpretations were vastly different.    One told me that the original test was improperly run.  One told me that the data was mistinterpreted.  The other said I needed surgery within the next 5 days.

Sounds like you went with the majority of the scientific opinions given you.  Smart man.  (Also, glad the original doc was wrong.)

17 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Good post...like everything, scientific "facts" are only as good as the "scientist" that is interpreting them.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Good post...like everything, scientific "facts" are only as good as the "scientist" that is interpreting them.

Well, since basically every scientist and expert in the world is saying this is a major issue, it might be time for people to quit latching onto the rare dissenter that is saying what everybody wants to hear.  People are using these articles as justification to act irresponsibly.  Dr. Brent Bost is a well-known local doctor.  The last several weeks he’s been making YouTube “update” videos on Covid-19, and has consistently downplayed the seriousness of the virus.  People are sharing his videos thousands of times on Facebook, with captions like “quit overreacting” or “see, it’s not that big of a deal!” But the WHO, CDC, and thousands of epidemiologists disagree with him. People are ignoring them, and listening to Dr. Bost, because he’s saying what they want to believe.   There’s only one problem: he’s a gynecologist.  People are legitimately choosing to believe updates on the coronavirus from an OB over those from the CDC, WHO, and infectious disease doctors.  I’m not sure what’s worse: the irresponsibility of his videos, or the stupidity of the people who are taking them as gospel. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Sounds like you went with the majority of the scientific opinions given you.  Smart man.  (Also, glad the original doc was wrong.)

I bet if he went to 100 doctors and 99 said he needed the procedure he would get it.  99 out of 100 say the coronavirus is a major health crisis and a shocking amount of people latch onto the 1 doctor who says something different.  

17 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Well, since basically every scientist and expert in the world is saying this is a major issue, it might be time for people to quit latching onto the rare dissenter that is saying what everybody wants to hear.  People are using these articles as justification to act irresponsibly.  Dr. Brent Bost is a well-known local doctor.  The last several weeks he’s been making YouTube “update” videos on Covid-19, and has consistently downplayed the seriousness of the virus.  People are sharing his videos thousands of times on Facebook, with captions like “quit overreacting” or “see, it’s not that big of a deal!” But the WHO, CDC, and thousands of epidemiologists disagree with him. People are ignoring them, and listening to Dr. Bost, because he’s saying what they want to believe.   There’s only one problem: he’s a gynecologist.  People are legitimately choosing to believe updates on the coronavirus from an OB over those from the CDC, WHO, and infectious disease doctors.  I’m not sure what’s worse: the irresponsibility of his videos, or the stupidity of the people who are taking them as gospel. 

I'm not disagreeing that this is a bad deal, but I also am not going to believe everything I hear just because they supposedly have "top" credentials.

The WHO and the clown running it have a lot of responsibility in not slowing this down by running cover for their buddies in China at the very outset.

They are also the same group that  proclaimed France and Italy were #1 and #2 for the best healthcare systems a few years back.

Just because some are skeptical of some sources in this doesn't mean they think it's nothing...that's certainly not my opinion.

I will add that I think the media has caused much hysteria that we see, but that's just business as usual.

Obama’s Ebola Czar says this virus is going to EXPLODE in the next few weeks. Nothing like stirring up some more panic. Bullets, I know of no one who has taken this lightly. We have had some comic relief, which is harmless, and until yesterday, I had frequented restaurants that were open. Now that they are closed I will have to alter my life a tad. What people like me, and several others on this board don’t care for, is the panic driven media. There is absolutely NOTHING WORSE during a crisis than to have the masses in panic mode, and these media yahoos know it. They play on your fear of the unknown and exploit it to the point of total control.

There is no doubt that Covid-19 is out there and yes, it is killing people. I truly think this thing has been blown way out of proportion for political gain. There are yo-yos who blame Trump, and I hate those people. They are bad for the country as a whole. In this country, Covid-19 has a death rate about equal to the flu. We sure don’t panic and shut the entire country down for the flu, which we have had some bad ones. 1.4 people out of 100 infected in the US will die, and that’s a shame. I have said before that I would rather celebrate the 98.6 that survived. It’s better for the mind than the negative fear mongering media.

7 minutes ago, baddog said:

Obama’s Ebola Czar says this virus is going to EXPLODE in the next few weeks. Nothing like stirring up some more panic. Bullets, I know of no one who has taken this lightly. We have had some comic relief, which is harmless, and until yesterday, I had frequented restaurants that were open. Now that they are closed I will have to alter my life a tad. What people like me, and several others on this board don’t care for, is the panic driven media. There is absolutely NOTHING WORSE during a crisis than to have the masses in panic mode, and these media yahoos know it. They play on your fear of the unknown and exploit it to the point of total control.

There is no doubt that Covid-19 is out there and yes, it is killing people. I truly think this thing has been blown way out of proportion for political gain. There are yo-yos who blame Trump, and I hate those people. They are bad for the country as a whole. In this country, Covid-19 has a death rate about equal to the flu. We sure don’t panic and shut the entire country down for the flu, which we have had some bad ones. 1.4 people out of 100 infected in the US will die, and that’s a shame. I have said before that I would rather celebrate the 98.6 that survived. It’s better for the mind than the negative fear mongering media.

I agree with you that the media has made this worse, and I agree with you about people who politicize the issue.  But 1.4 is 14x greater than the .1 death rate of the flu, and if this thing spreads like the flu does we’re going to lose several hundred thousand, if not millions, of Americans.  And there are still plenty of people not taking it seriously.  My neighbors are 60 years old, and their granddaughter lives with them.  She just spent 5 days in New Orleans, which is dang near as bad as Seattle at this point.  Since she’s been back she’s been out running around town every night.  Currently her ex-boyfriend is back from college and is over there hanging out, and he’s been god knows where.  They aren’t concerned about any of this.  My stepdad’s buddy just called to ask him ride to Lafayette to go pick up a mattress with him, and seemed irritated when my stepdad said he’s not getting out.  We also had some extended family invite us to a fish fry today.  All of those people are literally ignoring the risk, and those are three examples I’ve seen in the last 30 minutes. 

23 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I agree with you that the media has made this worse, and I agree with you about people who politicize the issue.  But 1.4 is 14x greater than the .1 death rate of the flu, and if this thing spreads like the flu does we’re going to lose several hundred thousand, if not millions, of Americans.  And there are still plenty of people not taking it seriously.  My neighbors are 60 years old, and their granddaughter lives with them.  She just spent 5 days in New Orleans, which is dang near as bad as Seattle at this point.  Since she’s been back she’s been out running around town every night.  Currently her ex-boyfriend is back from college and is over there hanging out, and he’s been god knows where.  They aren’t concerned about any of this.  My stepdad’s buddy just called to ask him ride to Lafayette to go pick up a mattress with him, and seemed irritated when my stepdad said he’s not getting out.  We also had some extended family invite us to a fish fry today.  All of those people are literally ignoring the risk, and those are three examples I’ve seen in the last 30 minutes. 

We ate at Texas Roadhouse Wednesday at about 4:30. When we got home, my wife read that all restaurants were going to be shut down to carry-out only. I haven’t ignored this crisis as bad as what you have said, but I’m a home body anyway. I still get out and cut my grass and other projects that may need attending. I still go to work. 

With all of the shelter in place, I predict a baby boom. 

21 minutes ago, baddog said:

We ate at Texas Roadhouse Wednesday at about 4:30. When we got home, my wife read that all restaurants were going to be shut down to carry-out only. I haven’t ignored this crisis as bad as what you have said, but I’m a home body anyway. I still get out and cut my grass and other projects that may need attending. I still go to work. 

This^

48 minutes ago, baddog said:

Equating this to the flu, which I guess people are going to continue to do until Trump tells them to stop, is irresponsible.  I’ve got nothing but love for you baddog and it sounds like you are doing your part whether it’s by your normal life or out of an abundance of precaution.  But there are unquestionably those that are looking for any reason to keep their heads in the sand.  And that would be somewhat okay if it wasn’t for their irresponsibly and/or willful ignorance potentially catastrophically affecting others.  I have zero problem with someone drinking themself into oblivion in their own home - that’s their problem and their prerogative.  When you get behind the wheel, it becomes “our” problem. 

And c’mon - at this point, to compare this thing to influenza is to basically say President Trump and Governor Abbott both have no stones and/or no brains.  We don’t know HOW bad it will be yet.  But it’s already way worse than any flu strain. 

13 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Equating this to the flu, which I guess people are going to continue to do until Trump tells them to stop, is irresponsible.  I’ve got nothing but love for you baddog and it sounds like you are doing your part whether it’s by your normal life or out of an abundance of precaution.  But there are unquestionably those that are looking for any reason to keep their heads in the sand.  And that would be somewhat okay if it wasn’t for their irresponsibly and/or willful ignorance potentially catastrophically affecting others.  I have zero problem with someone drinking themself into oblivion in their own home - that’s their problem and their prerogative.  When you get behind the wheel, it becomes “our” problem. 

And c’mon - at this point, to compare this thing to influenza is to basically say President Trump and Governor Abbott both have no stones and/or no brains.  We don’t know HOW bad it will be yet.  But it’s already way worse than any flu strain. 

Not sure it has anything to do with having a pair, but more of how political every situation has become, and the scrutinized actions of our leaders. If Trump asks for too much money, he gets slammed, to little...... slammed. Trump and Abbott both have positive attitudes towards defeating this virus. They have both asked us not to panic. They are doing what has to be done when their people are in panic mode. One really can’t question either’s virility.

The comparison to the flu is not that skewed. The flu infects millions more just in one season. Just the shear number of flu cases boggles the mind. I am very responsible. My daughter-in-law is being tested for Covid-19. It will be six days before she has results. She has my one year old grand daughter who feverish now. I take this very seriously. My comparisons are also to ease panic. I can’t let myself go off the deep end. It would only exacerbate the situation.

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

People are about to realize why having a savings account equal to six months months living expenses is so much better than having an iPhone 11, a new car, and a dozen pairs of Jordans. 

Good lord save me. I almost "liked" this post til I realized who posted it. But maybe there IS hope after all. Maybe we CAN all get a long. Maybe one day the left and the right will all just agree to disagree but still work together toward the common good (enter Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil), maybe when Trump does something genuinely good, Nancy Pelosi will recognize what a great job he did, and maybe - just maybe - Hillary will FINALLY go to prison!

Nahhhh - it'll never work...

(Btw, CB - good post...)

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Either that or a lot more dirty socks...

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Not sure it has anything to do with having a pair, but more of how political every situation has become, and the scrutinized actions of our leaders. If Trump asks for too much money, he gets slammed, to little...... slammed. Trump and Abbott both have positive attitudes towards defeating this virus. They have both asked us not to panic. They are doing what has to be done when their people are in panic mode. One really can’t question either’s virility.

The comparison to the flu is not that skewed. The flu infects millions more just in one season. Just the shear number of flu cases boggles the mind. I am very responsible. My daughter-in-law is being tested for Covid-19. It will be six days before she has results. She has my one year old grand daughter who feverish now. I take this very seriously. My comparisons are also to ease panic. I can’t let myself go off the deep end. It would only exacerbate the situation.

This is the hidden content, please

update from a conservative Repunlicensed county judge and a doctor who I know to be a conservative Republican voter.  This from a media source that would be far from “liberal.”  The problem is that both sides now seem to want to politicize everything.   Both sides of the aisle pointing their little fingers at the other.  It’s dumb, sorry. 

As is the mass panic that is supposedly caused by the media.  I would argue the overreaction is more the fault of the people than whatever media they are following.  So & so made me do it never worked for me growing up.  And why people apparently think they will wipe their behinds with greater frequency during a quarantine is beyond me.  These folks also, at least in my area, are overwhelming red voters and Trump supporters.  If the “liberal media” caused them to buy every roll of toilet paper in sight, welp...

49 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This is the hidden content, please

update from a conservative Repunlicensed county judge and a doctor who I know to be a conservative Republican voter.  This from a media source that would be far from “liberal.”  The problem is that both sides now seem to want to politicize everything.   Both sides of the aisle pointing their little fingers at the other.  It’s dumb, sorry. 

As is the mass panic that is supposedly caused by the media.  I would argue the overreaction is more the fault of the people than whatever media they are following.  So & so made me do it never worked for me growing up.  And why people apparently think they will wipe their behinds with greater frequency during a quarantine is beyond me.  These folks also, at least in my area, are overwhelming red voters and Trump supporters.  If the “liberal media” caused them to buy every roll of toilet paper in sight, welp...

A friend of mine referenced an article a while back that basically said that no matter which side of the spectrum your beliefs fall, both sides have seen their own savaged repeatedly so it’s just acceptable at this point. It goes back to Nixon, if not farther. Think about it. Nixon was a crook. Carter was a terrible leader. Reagan supported the rich and had Iran-Contra. Bush raised taxes and didn’t finish the Gulf War. Clinton had Whitewater and Lewinsky, Bush started the Iran/Afghanistan wars and was seated when the recession of ‘08 kicked in.  Obama gave us Obamacare and reined in growth with anti-business policies.... not to mention the fact that a lot of people didn’t like him because of who he was. Lord knows that Trump deserves tons of criticism, but the amount that he’s given is just too much. 
Until both sides agree that people with opposing views aren’t “the opposition,” we’ll just keep on electing people just to destroy them, never realizing that we’re only destroying our own fortunes. 

44 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

A friend of mine referenced an article a while back that basically said that no matter which side of the spectrum your beliefs fall, both sides have seen their own savaged repeatedly so it’s just acceptable at this point. It goes back to Nixon, if not farther. Think about it. Nixon was a crook. Carter was a terrible leader. Reagan supported the rich and had Iran-Contra. Bush raised taxes and didn’t finish the Gulf War. Clinton had Whitewater and Lewinsky, Bush started the Iran/Afghanistan wars and was seated when the recession of ‘08 kicked in.  Obama gave us Obamacare and reined in growth with anti-business policies.... not to mention the fact that a lot of people didn’t like him because of who he was. Lord knows that Trump deserves tons of criticism, but the amount that he’s given is just too much. 
Until both sides agree that people with opposing views aren’t “the opposition,” we’ll just keep on electing people just to destroy them, never realizing that we’re only destroying our own fortunes. 

Dang good post.

Just like when Reagan addressed the UN in the 80s. He stated that if the people of earth were united against an alien threat, we would realize that we are all in this together. I hope that America can unite in this time of panic. And maybe even close the gap between red and blue, black and white, rich and poor. If this wasn't an election year, pandemic would have stayed in the locker room. Coronavirus is blind to all that separates humanity. This will be a major chapter in the book of history. The only question is... will we learn from it, or be doomed to repeat it?

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Just like when Reagan addressed the UN in the 80s. He stated that if the people of earth were united against an alien threat, we would realize that we are all in this together. I hope that America can unite in this time of panic. And maybe even close the gap between red and blue, black and white, rich and poor. If this wasn't an election year, pandemic would have stayed in the locker room. Coronavirus is blind to all that separates humanity. This will be a major chapter in the book of history. The only question is... will we learn from it, or be doomed to repeat it?

An assistant men’s basketball coach at Lamar posted this on Facebook.  Good, good stuff from a young man about to become a father:

“Been in thought The last couple days as I’m sure everyone has. 

In a few weeks I’ll have a daughter. She will be born during one of the scariest and most  uncertain times in our worlds history. And I will have to have conversations with her as she grows up on why the world is the way it is. It might be conversations as to why there is so much hate, and divide. Why certain groups won’t associate with others and a list of other things. About how an unseen enemy divided our world even further than what it is now. 

However, I hope that in ten years I can tell her she was born during the most proud time in our worlds history. A time that our world and country turned to God, turned to decency and turned to eachother. When politics, and differences were put aside and the world came together for a common goal and prevailed. And in turn those conversations aren’t difficult but they’re prideful, talking about the pivot point in our worlds history! 

Pray for eachother, pray for our leaders and pray for our future. 

‘If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, and PRAY, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways. Then I will hear from heaven and I will forgive their sin and I will heal their land’ “