Schools canceling athletic events

AggiesAreWe

26 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

What’s really strange regarding the boys powerlifting meets (all governed by the THSPA), Region 4 is the only one cancelled in the state. All others will let these kids who have worked so hard compete for the chance to go to state. I’m totally confused. 

I feel like if it's safe enough for the kids to go to school...it's safe enough for them to do athletics. 

4 hours ago, NetCat said:

I feel like if it's safe enough for the kids to go to school...it's safe enough for them to do athletics. 

No kiddin. That would require a little common sense thinking though. Unfortunately, I think the COVID-19 frenzy has pretty much killed more rational thinking than it has actual people. It’s a sad day. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

No kiddin. That would require a little common sense thinking though. Unfortunately, I think the COVID-19 frenzy has pretty much killed more rational thinking than it has actual people. It’s a sad day. 

One state it way ahead if you, Louisiana is closing it's public schools through April 13th.

Just now, WOSgrad said:

One state it way ahead if you, Louisiana is closing it's public schools through April 13th.

I’ve heard. Kinda hard to understand. Especially in Louisiana. You can get married at age 12, but a mixed drink in the drive thru and publicly hunt in the capitol downtown...and they’re closing down the schools and it’s not even Mardi Gras!