** STATE TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD**/TOURNEY CANCELLED

46 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Some of the kids are preparing to play for their AAU teams, if a kid isn’t in sharp in April he was already in poor condition.  Hope and Pray they resume the tournament in April (like the 1st or 2nd week). I was looking forward to some of the matchups this year. 

Ok but you being a fan of  yates and  me being a fan Of Silsbee know dang good and well aau shape and the shape these guys are in for high school are not the same at all. And a month off for a team with the style those two teams play is big as far as game condition goes.  

I’m thinking out loud, each conference can play their games in smaller venue similar to the playoffs. The games would be at neutral sites and the Finals for each conference would be played at a neutral site. I understand that all of the conference semi and finals can not be played under one roof but smaller venues with a reduced crowds should work.UIL can approve to extend the season and allow the games to be played. Their are facilities (basketball arenas) in Houston that are not being used.  Just food for though 

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Ok but you being a fan of  yates and  me being a fan Of Silsbee know dang good and well aau shape and the shape these guys are in for high school are not the same at all. And a month off for a team with the style those two teams play is big as far as game condition goes.  

You’re right.  You’d be shocked at how out of shape some of these kids are coming off a high school season.  And I’m not close to kidding. 

4 minutes ago, whsalum said:

No way in the world you could take off 2 or 3 weeks and come back anywhere near where you are as a team. Sad deal for the players for sure. 

This is absolutely the truth.  I might be wrong but I would think given the style and type of game Yates plays, they are best suited to pick up in a few weeks or a month and lose the least steps, so to speak.  

Just no way in my eyes they continue this at a later date... I’m sure UIL will allow everyone that made the tourney to put a * for 2020 “championship” and send every kid a medal.... < that hurt for me to say because I’m a firm believer in a 1st place and loser in a sport. But during this time right now there is no winner at all. My heart goes out to all those kids that dreamed and worked so hard for it to be taken away from them just like that... they will forever and always have that what if question stuck in their head. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Just no way in my eyes they continue this at a later date... I’m sure UIL will allow everyone that made the tourney to put a * for 2020 “championship” and send every kid a medal.... < that hurt for me to say because I’m a firm believer in a 1st place and loser in a sport. But during this time right now there is no winner at all. My heart goes out to all those kids that dreamed and worked so hard for it to be taken away from them just like that... they will forever and always have that what if question stuck in their head. 

Especially the seniors who can’t come back .

34 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:
I saw this on Twitter

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please
we’re willing to host y’all and Faith Family for your semi final game. We can seat 1250. We’d love to have y’all.

I don't think UIL would allow that? 

9 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Exactly why I say give them all first place medals... and have the privilege to call themselves champions 

Maybe NFHS Network could have allowed anyone who wanted to watch the tournament do it for FREE. Then the UIL could have allowed the tournament to continue without the fans in the stands but tuned in with their hand held devices or in their hotel rooms.  Just thinking outside the box here...

9 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Exactly why I say give them all first place medals... and have the privilege to call themselves champions