** STATE TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD**/TOURNEY CANCELLED

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I’m sure there is some underlying reason Harrison is making these statements.  But you have a lot of kids going through a lot and missing a lot right now.  Even if there is a remote chance, it is almost surely going to end up being false hope he and the uil are peddling.  I am having trouble finding the benefit in that. 

By the same token, what is the harm?  At worst, the UIL puts off dashing one of the last chances of a some semblance of a normal school year for these kids who, as you correctly noted are going through a lot and missing a lot right now.  Best case, the remote chance.....and I agree that it is remote.......comes available and these kids, who are going through a lot and missing a lot, get to realize that semblance of normality.

Since when has hanging on to hope become a capital offense? And please don't take this as personal to you, my friend. I see many others committing this transgression much more severely than you.

I realize that this is a killer disease which must be taken seriously, which is why I haven't strayed past my front yard for three weeks now.  But you can take something seriously yet still hold out hope.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

By the same token, what is the harm?  At worst, the UIL puts off dashing one of the last chances of a some semblance of a normal school year for these kids who, as you correctly noted are going through a lot and missing a lot right now.  Best case, the remote chance.....and I agree that it is remote.......comes available and these kids, who are going through a lot and missing a lot, get to realize that semblance of normality.

Since when has hanging on to hope become a capital offense? And please don't take this as personal to you, my friend. I see many others committing this transgression much more severely than you.

I realize that this is a killer disease which must be taken seriously, which is why I haven't strayed past my front yard for three weeks now.  But you can take something seriously yet still hold out hope.

Maybe you’re right.  I guess it’s all perspective.  I would choose the don’t comment at all until you know something for certain but that’s me. 

And at no point was offense remotely taken.  Differences of opinion are healthy. At least when it’s adults talking and not those children in Washington. 

20 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I will continue to have hope that The UIL complete All of the athletic events when it is clear.  My personal opinion, Please continue the social distancing and wash your hands. Please Be Safe 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, WOSgrad said:

Me personally dont see UIL setting itself up for a loosable lawsuit of some sort  to someone being a carrier and passing this pandemic on for the purpose of crowning a champion because everybody's body reacts different to when they get sick and all areas of Texas wont peak at the same time so to be on the safe side which UIL will probably do is put an end to the season as soon as they announce the school year is over. I feel sorry for the seniors of BMT and Houston for they had to deal with Harvey, Imelda and now Covid. The Srs at BU had to deal with all the above and now no closure in regards to celebrating there final year of Highschool. I Feel bad  for them and pray that God has his hands on there lives as they move forward.Those Seniors have missed more school then the State even allows to be eligible to graduate within the last 3 years alone....