** STATE TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD**/TOURNEY CANCELLED

So serious question - would you rather be like Coldspring and have gotten to finish your season, albeit a loss?  Or would you rather have been in the 4A and other classifications shoes where you never got to play a game at state?   Personally, I’d rather be in Coldspring and the other teams that lost on Thursday.  It’s the unknown, what ifs that drive me crazy.  At least the teams that lost finished tremendous seasons and got closure.  But I realize that may be a minority opinion.  Is it something I was pondering in my social distancing today.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

So serious question - would you rather be like Coldspring and have gotten to finish your season, albeit a loss?  Or would you rather have been in the 4A and other classifications shoes where you never got to play a game at state?   Personally, I’d rather be in Coldspring and the other teams that lost on Thursday.  It’s the unknown, what ifs that drive me crazy.  At least the teams that lost finished tremendous seasons and got closure.  But I realize that may be a minority opinion.  Is it something I was pondering in my social distancing today.  

Rather be Coldspring. At least they got to compete. They can sleep good at night knowing what their outcome was.

UIL

March 19, 2020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“We are working diligently on contingency plans to conduct state championships in each of the activities that have been suspended,” said UIL Executive Director Dr. Charles Breithaupt. “While the immediate future is unclear, we are committed to providing these much-desired activities to all Texas students and will prepare for all possible outcomes, including extended school closures.” 

Jim Hicks with RCS Sports is reporting that his grapevine is telling him that The UIL is seriously considering completion of The State Basketball Tournament in May or June. Hicks indicated that if it occurs in May it might take place May 14-16, 2020. Hicks mentioned this particular dates a few weeks ago on tv (High School Sports Zone, Cube 57).

Hope everyone is safe and practicing social distancing. 

42 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Jim Hicks with RCS Sports is reporting that his grapevine is telling him that The UIL is seriously considering completion of The State Basketball Tournament in May or June. Hicks indicated that if it occurs in May it might take place May 14-16, 2020. Hicks mentioned this particular dates a few weeks ago on tv (High School Sports Zone, Cube 57).

If it happens would definitely not feel like would be near the same as winning it would have.

3 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Better chance school gets cancelled Statewide for the rest of the school year than that tournament getting completed. 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:18 AM, TxHoops said:

Yes good thing we did get to compete but the whole process seemed rushed

2 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I saw this on several Twitter Post

UIL deputy executive director Jamey Harrison said in medical advisory committee meeting that if schools reopen at some point, UIL still has plans to complete all state championship events and will provide acclimatization period before games resume.

The biggest and most important word in that statement is the word "if".

Spoke to a reliable source earlier in the week and it's almost 90% certain that school is over for the year...Almost all Superintendents are focusing on showing the State of Texas education board of trustees that the students are still working to receive there financial stipends for there schools for nextyear and that's the biggest picture on hand right now....$,$$$,$$$

8 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

Spoke to a reliable source earlier in the week and it's almost 90% certain that school is over for the year...Almost all Superintendents are focusing on showing the State of Texas education board of trustees that the students are still working to receive there financial stipends for there schools for nextyear and that's the biggest picture on hand right now....$,$$$,$$$

You said it, it's all about the money. 

23 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I saw this on several Twitter Post

UIL deputy executive director Jamey Harrison said in medical advisory committee meeting that if schools reopen at some point, UIL still has plans to complete all state championship events and will provide acclimatization period before games resume.

I’m sure there is some underlying reason Harrison is making these statements.  But you have a lot of kids going through a lot and missing a lot right now.  Even if there is a remote chance, it is almost surely going to end up being false hope he and the uil are peddling.  I am having trouble finding the benefit in that.