49th Straight State Tournament

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I will be making my 49th straight boys basketball state tournament. Went to my first one in 1972. Have not missed a year since.

Soooooooooo glad UIL moved it to San Antonio. Much better place for tournament.

U were going 7 years before I was born wow. Congratulations heck of a streak. You have seen some incredible talent along the way. 

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I will be making my 49th straight boys basketball state tournament. Went to my first one in 1972. Have not missed a year since.

Soooooooooo glad UIL moved it to San Antonio. Much better place for tournament.

What’s some of the best games you can remember watching at the state tournament 

4 hours ago, Topdawg25 said:

What’s some of the best games you can remember watching at the state tournament 

Really too many to choose from. Like a poster stated, the Silsbee/Dallas Carter game was very special. But, if I had to pick my most memorable game, it would have to be the 1972 4A (then top classification) state semifinal between Dallas Roosevelt and Houston Wheatley. My first state tournament and as an 8 year old this game was what got me hooked on going every year. The top two teams in the state with Roosevelt's Ira Terrell and Wheatley's Eddie Owens going at it. Game ended 111-109 Roosevelt in regulation, no overtime and no 3 point line. But what I remember the most was Gregory Gym being packed to the max and folks outside who could not get in had climbed up on the roof to watch thru the windows on the roof. It was crazy!!!

Many numerous other games but that's the one that is forever fixed in my mind.