*2020 State Tournament Brackets*

53 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

4A is seeded the same way. Yates and Argyle has the highest winning percentage of games played. 

Yates .867

Stafford .780

F.Family .649

Argyle .892

Yates and Argyle are opposite of each other. The UIL then draws on who the remaining two teams will play against.

Thank You for the information 

59 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Wow.

Look at the size of Faith Family. Three 6`7 kids and a 6 `10. Not to mention three "little" 6`5 guys to go along with that. Gonna be one game where Yates won't have a size advantage.

Argyle has good height as well.  Can you see our munchkins running around under their feet?  When was the last time the Tigers won an opening tip?

All four of these teams have better height than the last Silsbee team that won state.

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Wow.

Look at the size of Faith Family. Three 6`7 kids and a 6 `10. Not to mention three "little" 6`5 guys to go along with that. Gonna be one game where Yates won't have a size advantage.

We will you see how good Yates is now. how much better they are then everybody in Region3 these games want be easy one thing I seen the weekend they are beatable handle press and rebound you can play with them and the teams that are left all have that so it’s not a lock 

7 minutes ago, no-look said:

Faith Family with 649 students is coming in on lower end   How long has it been since a 4A team with under 600 made it to  the tourney? 

They were pretty small last year and won it all. When you have a communications program that rivals Yates, student population doesn't matter as much. Wonder how Cedar Hill is doing in basketball these days since Faith Family became a power 🤔

Should be some entertaining games to watch.

It's crazy how bigger these schools are from just a few years ago.

Lancaster is probably bigger than some NBA teams.

3 hours ago, Who That said:

Im glad the two Prep Academy schools haft to play the first game so they both can't be in the final 😁

The conspiracy theories are out there, just by luck the African American Schools are playing each other for the second straight year.  The competition in San Antonio will be something Yates haven’t seen sense The Thanksgiving Hoopfest. Region 3 ready did not  give Yates an opportunity to play completive teams similar to the Dallas Schools. Yates let’s go get a W. 
This is my personal opinion & Yates Nation.

2 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The conspiracy theories are out there, just by luck the African American Schools are playing each other for the second straight year.  The competition in San Antonio will be something Yates haven’t seen sense The Thanksgiving Hoopfest. Region 3 ready did not  give Yates an opportunity to play completive teams similar to the Dallas Schools. Yates let’s go get a W. 

I mean, it was a 50% chance they’d draw each other.  Considering there’s about a 90% chance both teams will have all new “completely legitimate move ins” over 6’6” next season, I’m glad they’re facing each other in the semis and a school that legitimately sources it’s players will get a (slim) chance at winning a state championship.  And if by some small chance the UIL rigged the draw, which is highly unlikely, I’d be willing to bet Yates and FF’s means of procuring players is the reason, not the color of those players’ skin.  

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I mean, it was a 50% chance they’d draw each other.  Considering there’s about a 90% chance both teams will have all new “completely legitimate move ins” over 6’6” next season, I’m glad they’re facing each other in the semis and a school that legitimately sources it’s players will get a (slim) chance at winning a state championship.  And if by some small chance the UIL rigged the draw, which is highly unlikely, I’d be willing to bet Yates and FF’s means of procuring players is the reason, not the color of those players’ skin.  

I hope Argyle win the dang thing. 👊

3 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Don’t forget that little Liberty Hill, unranked and unheralded, gave Faith all they wanted in the final.  Faith trailed at the half and won 53-51on a last second jam by one of Faith’s super freshmen.  Those were the two best 4A teams at that moment in the season and they put on a great show.  It was the premier game of the whole tourney last year.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

If the UIL is concerned about the transfer portal for Yates and Faith Family they should have addressed those issues during the appeals process.  It is possible that those Good Old Boys rigged the draw AGAIN this year so the African American Schools would not be playing each other in The Finals.  It is possible that the fans (Houston and Dallas) wanted to see this particular game in The Finals.  Let's look at the color of the players skins, African Americans vs African Americans in one game and you know the skin color of those other two teams in 4A !!!

I would like to see the UIL change their seeding for the State Tournament where the teams are seeded by their win - loss record no percentage No Coin Toss or Draw Teams,  (1 plays 4), (2 plays 3).  This would end the conspiracy theory.    

5 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

If the UIL is concerned about the transfer portal for Yates and Faith Family they should have addressed those issues during the appeals process.  It is possible that those Good Old Boys rigged the draw AGAIN this year so the African American Schools would not be playing each other in The Finals.  It is possible that the fans (Houston and Dallas) wanted to see this particular game in The Finals.  Let's look at the color of the players skins, African Americans vs African Americans in one game and you know the skin color of those other two teams in 4A !!!

I would like to see the UIL change their seeding for the State Tournament where the teams are seeded by their win - loss record no percentage No Coin Toss or Draw Teams,  (1 plays 4), (2 plays 3).  This would end the conspiracy theory.    

Win loss record is where those top two are seeded.  And as far as African American teams not playing I’m the finals why did we play Carter in the finals???? Not one white player on either team?   Sounds more like you are scared you won’t make it to Saturday.

What is it with folks trying to apply race to dang near everything these days?

Conspiracy theory with the UIL on the pairings at state tourney??? RIDICULOUS!!!

UIL has done their pairings by win percentage for many, many years. Top two teams by win percentage get placed opposite of bracket then the other two teams are drawn/flipped for to see who plays who. Where is the conspiracy? It's completely a coincidence that two predominantly black schools are facing each other in semifinals. That's it. 

What about the conspiracy theory that could be taken that the UIL, with these pairings, has guaranteed that a predominantly black school will be in the finals? What about that?

BTW, Stafford is a predominantly black school. Argyle is the only predominantly white school of these final four schools.

Conspiracy theory? Racially motivated decisions? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

50 minutes ago, Mohead2000 said:

AAW, I agree with you with on this. The UIL has always used this process of pairing teams for the state tournament. Yates has played both Kimball and Madison each twice for the State Championship and Lancaster once for the title game. All three schools are predominantly African-American schools in the Dallas area. And Yates have played schools like The Colony, Brookshire Royal, and Kennedale which are not predominantly African-American schools in the state semi-finals. Like you said it is coincidental, luck of the draw, or whatever you want to call it when it comes to these pairings at the state tournament. 

However, racially motivated decisions happens in all aspects of life. So I understand where SportsJunkie is coming from. From politics, business, work, education, etc., race plays a huge part. Some people in America are culturally conditioned to believe that white is superior and black is inferior. That conditioning is believed by both black and white people. Most of the time, people don't even realize that they conditioned to believe this. African-Americans are undervalued, underestimated, and marginalized all of the time.

Since this particular forum is strictly about High School sports I will keep it right here. For example kids transfer for different reasons, however the vitriol in the comments I see in these posts for Yates, I don't see when people talk about Argyle, Katy, Aledo and many other schools that have transfers in. The difference in these schools and Yates is that Yates is predominantly African-American and the other schools are predominantly White. They may mentioned the dislike for these schools doing this, but not with the same intensity and hatred.  When people get on here and talk about Yates Magnet Communications Progam, they are being condescending thus culturally conditioned to believe that program is not that good because it is a black school and always been a black school since it's inception. However we have national syndicated columnist and news reporters who have graduated from that same program. Most people on this site do not even realize every high school  in HISD has a magnet program associated it. 

On yesterday's hot topic of the 22-4A all district selection, you could see that same vitriol and hate for the HF coach and it has been going on for a while. I don't know the coach and have never met him but when the topic of HF's turnaround came about earlier in the season, I knew he was a black man based on the comments. Anyone who can turn a program that has been a dumpster fire for years into a play-off team in one season deserves to be the COTY, period. Let's not bring up the transfer issue in this, because we all know that many schools have benefited from that. I have been following this site for a while now and I have seen the comments with racial undertones. So let's not act like racism does not play a part on what goes on in America, this site or on the high school level.

This site has posters that will go on the political thread and post some racially motivated rants and then come on the sports threads and congratulate the African-American athletes. Which leads me to believe that some are only accepting of these kids for what they can do on the football field or the basketball court. It's a school right there in southeast Texas in you guys coverage area that is guilty of that right now with the acceptance of athletes and non-acceptance of regular students who are both African-American. That issue was strictly about race and cultural conditioning. Plus I have read comments from posters on this site calling certain communities code words like "ghetto and thugs." They were not talking about the white people from these communities, they were talking about the black people from these communities. There have been many issues concerning race in the different communities in SE Texas and in the whole state and it is not just limited to high school athletics. If you would like to have a intelligent conversation about this issue or any other issues in person, I too will be at the state tournament in San Antonio this weekend.

Does Argyle get the number of transfers yearly, and I am talking about athletes, that Yates gets??  

I remember the last time Silsbee played Argyle.  The only colors I saw were maroon and white vs. red and black and I was so proud of the maroon and white that I was busting buttons. 

But it was a close thing.  Taken completely out of their game by a physically stronger team, and shooting way off, somehow the Tigers managed to find a way.  I don't think I was ever prouder of the Tigers.

But I also appreciated the quality of the opponent and I have to admit that it came come down to a shoot that was about half and inch wide.

I don’t understand why The UIL can’t use the same procedure they use for the playoffs 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. The UIL leaves it self wide open for criticism and conspiracy theories with the State Tournament seeding. Jim Hicks on The Chop Shop just asked the coaches that are listening to his show if they have ever witnessed the coin toss/draw a The State Tournament. I spoke with the AD at Yates and no one from Yates was present. This is why that Good Old Boy System with the coin toss/draw behind closed doors need to stop. It needs to be a transparent system. The seeding can be rigged behind closed doors involving a selected few individuals.