22-4A All-District Selections

37 minutes ago, idiotproof1981 said:

Remember Rideaux only won because he had the better players according to this forum, but as I look at the all district selections it seems that he had only had 2 all district players. HJ and silsbee had 5 lumberton had 4. I’m confused 

I think if memory serves me correctly HF went 6-6 in district play and finished 4th. Probably the reason a Coach with a 10-2 record was chosen above him. 

18 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Now why in the world would the district coaches not vote for those HF kids?

I have sat in All-District meetings for volleyball for 14 years. I also always talk to our basketball coaches about how their meeting goes after it happens. I have never seen a coach vote for themself or their players. In any meeting I’ve been in or heard of, you aren’t allowed to. The voting is anonymous, but you know who is voting for who. It’s not hard to figure out. I’m an advocate of the voting not being anonymous. So, if a coach truly did vote for himself that’s a shame.

I don’t coach in this district and only saw HJ (and HF for one half) play this year. Unfortunately, the picks can show the lack of respect towards a coach sometimes. Those of you upset with HF’s picks (I’m not a hater...I worked there for 10 years), I would say several coaches may question the legality of some of those players. I don’t know where they live, did live, etc. and I’m really not concerned about it, but maybe the legality of some of those kids hurt HF in voting. I don’t even know if the ones who made all-district and ones who moved in are the same kids.

I think the HF did a good job. I didn’t necessarily agree with his stall tactics against College Station, but he didn’t ask me either, lol. He did a very good job and there is no arguing that. Just my thoughts on the picks.

7 minutes ago, Mamba said:

You would side with other team always one who had to fix massa his ice tea !!!!!!!

...if something is funny, I'll laugh.  Don't matter who said it.  But that was a very silly  and clown arse reply from you though... considering what I'm an advocate for.  I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Anyway, my take on this is this.  I don't think a coach should be allowed to pick himself or anyone on his team on the selections for all district.  There should be a rule against this,  however, if there is not and he did, its morally wrong,  but not against the rules.  He did it, so whatever.  The all district selections for the most part is a joke anyway as I've explained in the recent past, especially in football.  Boils down to a popularity contest, IMHO...

Coach Rideaux not getting coach of the year is a travesty, plain and simple. Dude took a program that’s been a absolute joke for well over a decade and took them to the playoffs with some previously unimaginable wins along the way. It’s no secret he rubbed some of the other coaches the wrong way but there’s no denying he did a unbelievable job. Comes down to pettiness in my opinion. Sure hope he sticks around and keeps ruffling feathers. HF athletically as a whole is starting to turn around and it’s a dang shame that it’s not being recognized to its fullest. 

2 minutes ago, HFfan5 said:

Listen, Hamshire - Fannett my alma mater, the school I played ball for has been a joke for YEARS. He came in and within one year turned them into a playoff team. No small task no matter who came with him. 

You can turn a team around when you get 2 new players who are pretty good with a a young team. Fannett was really young year before and competed with some teams then you add those 2 guys = good results

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Is this a bad time to remind Tragic Johnson that Sigler is African-American?

Them "EUROPEAN AMERICANS" conspired against Coach Rideaux for COTY...Also conspired the put Clay son on 1st team and he was the 8th best player maybe on the team...Y'all wrong for that $*&!...

How the Hell did BC get a kid on 1st team (2-10)...

Clay Davis is a cheater and I hope he gets caught asap...Clay stop using them AMERICAN AMERICAN KIDS to win basketball games...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Anyway, my take on this is this.  I don't think a coach should be allowed to pick himself or anyone on his team on the selections for all district.  There should be a rule against this,  however, if there is not and he did, its morally wrong,  but not against the rules.  He did it, so whatever.  The all district selections for the most part is a joke anyway as I've explained in the recent past, especially in football.  Boils down to a popularity contest, IMHO...

Coach Rideaux did not vote for himself...He voted for Sig...That 's why it was 4 to 3 in favor of Sig...

Coach Rideaux 

- Votes from Lumberton, WOS, and Silsbee(3 votes)

Coach Sig

- Votes from HJ, LCM, BC and HF(4 votes)

Coach Sig nominated Coach Rideaux for coach of the year...So ask him who he think deserves it...

1 hour ago, Magic Johnson said:

Coach Rideaux did not vote for himself...He voted for Sig...That 's why it was 4 to 3 in favor of Sig...

Coach Rideaux 

Coach Sig

Coach Sig nominated Coach Rideaux for coach of the year...So ask him who he think deserves it...

Hmmm....if one coach voted for himself that can’t be correct.

8 hours ago, Magic Johnson said:

Them "EUROPEAN AMERICANS" conspired against Coach Rideaux for COTY...Also conspired the put Clay son on 1st team and he was the 8th best player maybe on the team...Y'all wrong for that $*&!...

I guess this would be an equally bad time to remind Tragic that Josh Mitchell (Lumberton) and Bill Barstow (WO-S) are "EUROPEAN AMERCIAN."

Look, if you don't agree with the pick for COTY, that's fine.  But to try and forward this bull that this was a "racial" vote given that an African-American was selected and by your own tally (which can't even be trusted) two white coaches voted for your favorite is something that is not appropriate for this forum as is indicating it was the case for selection of the all-district team.  You want to talk race, we have a political forum for that.

Leave it there.

14 hours ago, Magic Johnson said:

Rideuax not the COACH OF THE YEAR...I know it was them "WHITE BOYS" that voted against him...

Clay Davis(HJ), Brad Jeffcoat(LCM), and Randall Robertson(BC) y'all some bitter A$$ coaches...

This makes zero sense.

How is race a part of this situation?

They voted for a black man.

9 hours ago, Magic Johnson said:

Coach Rideaux 

Coach Sig

Who said Tigee voted for himself?

BTW, WO-S voted for Sigler. The man told me so.

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...if something is funny, I'll laugh.  Don't matter who said it.  But that was a very silly  and clown arse reply from you though... considering what I'm an advocate for.  I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Kudos to Soulja for not feeling compelled to view everything through a racial prism.

31 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Of course he voted for himself.  Anyone who didn't vote for him must be racist.  Just like the refs are racist when he loses.  Great message to send to kids.  Now, sign on all your different logins and blast away, coach.

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe when u stated a coach voted for himself. The vocal member who has stated multiply times that they are against rideaux did. It was never addressed to his comment. So ppl ran and assumed that person was right. 

20 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Of course he voted for himself.  Anyone who didn't vote for him must be racist.  Just like the refs are racist when he loses.  Great message to send to kids.  Now, sign on all your different logins and blast away, coach.

Geesh hoops dreams don’t show your true colors man !!!! PS ..I can assure you that isn’t a coach .....so blast away with your assumptions!!!!

Coach Sigler took a team with 1 great player and 1 good one and won a district Co Championship. Coach Rideaux went 6-6 and took 4th in an extremely watered down playoff system. Hamshire Fannett was much improved no doubt about it but 6-6 shouldn’t get ya COY. 

37 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Good morning Hater Nation,

Again Coach Rideaux didn't vote for himself...Hoopdreams we know who you are so chill...

4 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Coach Sigler took a team with 1 great player and 1 good one and won a district Co Championship. Coach Rideaux went 6-6 and took 4th in an extremely watered down playoff system. Hamshire Fannett was much improved no doubt about it but 6-6 shouldn’t get ya COY. 

Also got 2 new move ins to help!!