22-4A All-District Selections

1 minute ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

What is the worst part?

With Bush getting MVP (which was a no brainer and a given), McClure is clearly the offensive POTY.  Got nothing against the other kid who is a nice player, but it’s obviously just a case of let’s recognize as many kids as we can.  Just a pet peeve of mine.  Give the best player the award and put the other on first team.  I can understand it in a blue moon if it’s too close to call.   Not the case here. 

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I don't think anyone is claiming that it's "earth shattering".

I feel Sigler was as deserving as any of the other coaches in the district. Seems the majority thought so as well.

I think it’s more give it to the guy who won district like happens the vast majority of the time.  Which is fine - it is what it is.  But it also provides us with fodder for the board which is nice when our teams’ seasons are over.  Everybody has an opinion; the other coaches are the only ones’ whose counts. 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I think it’s more give it to the guy who won district like happens the vast majority of the time.  Which is fine - it is what it is.  But it also provides us with fodder for the board which is nice when our teams’ seasons are over.  Everybody has an opinion; the other coaches are the only ones’ whose counts. 

I don’t have a problem with the coach of the year selection but it’s worth nothing the district had co champions this year and both cubs went 10-2. My pet peeve is the number of selections once again. I know it’s for recognizing the kids but 29 players in a 7 team district is a head scratcher. 

21 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Not saying Silsbee’s coach didn’t deserve coach of the year but look what Mitchell did. Broke number of wins in a season AGAIN, got first playoff win in school history and the ONLY team to sweep HF! 

Coach Mitchell did a great job however the accolades outside of district aren’t considered in this voting. 

27 minutes ago, Magic Johnson said:

Rideuax not the COACH OF THE YEAR...I know it was them "WHITE BOYS" that voted against him...

Clay Davis(HJ), Brad Jeffcoat(LCM), and Randall Robertson(BC) y'all some bitter A$$ coaches...

Well I’ll be ..smdh... +100

44 minutes ago, Magic Johnson said:

Rideuax not the COACH OF THE YEAR...I know it was them "WHITE BOYS" that voted against him...

Clay Davis(HJ), Brad Jeffcoat(LCM), and Randall Robertson(BC) y'all some bitter A$$ coaches...

Is this a bad time to remind Tragic Johnson that Sigler is African-American?

1 hour ago, Magic Johnson said:

Lumberton beat them twice maybe Mitchell should have been coach of the year 

Remember Rideaux only won because he had the better players according to this forum, but as I look at the all district selections it seems that he had only had 2 all district players. HJ and silsbee had 5 lumberton had 4. I’m confused 

What are they bitter about? 

31 minutes ago, idiotproof1981 said:

Remember Rideaux only won because he had the better players according to this forum, but as I look at the all district selections it seems that he had only had 2 all district players. HJ and silsbee had 5 lumberton had 4. I’m confused 

Now why in the world would the district coaches not vote for those HF kids?