22-4A All-District Selections

District 22-4A

2019-2020 All District Team

Player of the Year:  Braelon Bush, Sr, Silsbee

Co-Offensive Players of the Year:  Jesse Doucette, Jr, LCM; Brock McClure, Jr, Lumberton

Co-Defensive Players of the Year:  Chris Martin, Sr, Silsbee; Austin Samaha, Jr, Hardin Jefferson

Newcomer of the Year:  RJ Sears, Soph, Hardin Jefferson

Coach of the Year:  Joe Sigler, Silsbee

1st Team:

Baxter Wirth, Jr, Hardin Jefferson

Austin Richardson, Jr, Bridge City

Dylan Bridgers, Sr, Lumberton

Labarius Spraggins, Sr, West Orange Stark

Jaystan Davis, Sr, Hardin Jefferson

Jackson Smith, Sr, LCM

Reginald Coleman, Soph, Hamshire Fannett

2nd Team:

Colin Dorsey, Soph, Hamshire Fannett

Jai’den Porter, Jr, Hardin Jefferson

Shan Gilder, Jr, Silsbee

K’drian Cartwright, Sr, Silsbee

Reagan Koch, Sr, Lumberton

Jaden Wahl, Sr, Lumberton

Jerrick Harper, Fr, Silsbee

Honorable Mention:

Grant Boudreaux (Bridge City), Tahji Edwards (Hamshire Fannett), Ben Elliott (LCM), Jordan, Lavergn (Hamshire Fannett), Quincy Ledet (WOS) Da’Marion Morris (LCM), Ethan Oceguera (Bridge City), Jalon Ross (WOS)

4 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I disagree with coach of the year.

Agreed. Same with all the Co-players of the year.  Obviously Bush is a no brainer.  But in one of those categories, one of the players is in a different hemisphere than the other.  

12 minutes ago, Bear Cave said:

District 22-4A

2019-2020 All District Team

Player of the Year:  Braelon Bush, Sr, Silsbee

Co-Offensive Players of the Year:  Jesse Doucette, Jr, LCM; Brock McClure, Jr, Lumberton

Co-Defensive Players of the Year:  Chris Martin, Sr, Silsbee; Austin Samaha, Jr, Hardin Jefferson

Newcomer of the Year:  RJ Sears, Soph, Hardin Jefferson

Coach of the Year:  Joe Sigler, Silsbee

1st Team:

Baxter Wirth, Jr, Hardin Jefferson

Austin Richardson, Jr, Bridge City

Dylan Bridgers, Sr, Lumberton

Labarius Spraggins, Sr, West Orange Stark

Jaystan Davis, Sr, Hardin Jefferson

Jackson Smith, Sr, LCM

Reginald Coleman, Soph, Hamshire Fannett

2nd Team:

Colin Dorsey, Soph, Hamshire Fannett

Jai’den Porter, Jr, Hardin Jefferson

Shan Gilder, Jr, Silsbee

K’drian Cartwright, Sr, Silsbee

Reagan Koch, Sr, Lumberton

Jaden Wahl, Sr, Lumberton

Jerrick Harper, Fr, Silsbee

Honorable Mention:

Grant Boudreaux (Bridge City), Tahji Edwards (Hamshire Fannett), Ben Elliott (LCM), Jordan, Lavergn (Hamshire Fannett), Quincy Ledet (WOS) Da’Marion Morris (LCM), Ethan Oceguera (Bridge City), Jalon Ross (WOS)

Congratulations to everyone...

3 minutes ago, lovemesometxsports said:

Who would your choice be for coach of year? I disagree also 

I would have chosen Rideaux or Mitchell.  But I would have been fine with Davis as well.  Nothing against Sig.  He always does a great job.  But this was a year to give it to someone else.  Just IMO.  

Just now, TxHoops said:

I would have chosen Rideaux or Mitchell.  But I would have been fine with Davis as well.  Nothing against Sig.  He always does a great job.  But this was a year to give it to someone else.  Just IMO.  

I was told the majority of the coaches thought Sigler deserved it because he lost over 65 points per game due to graduation and still won district.

The vote wasn't unanimous.

Also, for the first time that I have ever heard in any all district selections, a coach voted for himself. ;)

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was told the majority of the coaches thought Sigler deserved it because he lost over 65 points per game due to graduation and still won district.

Also, for the first time that I have ever heard in any all district selections, a coach voted for himself. ;)

So based on those two sentences, a COTY vote has never been unanimous?

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Argument could be made that with that roster, Rideaux or Mitchell wouldn’t have needed a tiebreaker game to win district. 

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Most times it is. Just wasn't this time.

MVP's are sometimes not unanimous.

I’m saying that if that’s the first time you’ve heard a coach voting for himself, there must never have been a unanimous COTY vote.  Because by necessity, those two would be mutually exclusive.  

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

I’m saying that if that’s the first time you’ve heard a coach voting for himself, there must never have been a unanimous COTY vote.  Because by necessity, those two would be mutually exclusive.  

You are right.

I have never heard of a coach voting for himself until now. So you are correct. No unanimous COTY.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Perhaps.

IMO, HJ had the better overall team. Silsbee just had THE best player and a very good 2nd player.

HJ had the team with the brightest future (if you don’t count players who would be incoming freshmen next year).  Very comparable teams this season (thus, the split).  But with Bush, if I’m picking a roster, it’s Silsbee easily imo.  

HJ had the team with the brightest future (if you don’t count players who would be incoming freshmen next year).  Very comparable teams this season (thus, the split).  But with Bush, if I’m picking a roster, it’s Silsbee easily imo.  

So what you are saying, 3-4 coaches in the district other than Sigler would have won district outright with this Silsbee team, correct?

3 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

I assume you are saying Coach Rideaux voted for himself.  Is that something that they aren't supposed to do?

I never stated what coach voted for himself. Obviously one can. Just has never happened that I have ever heard of and I have been told about many all district selections in many districts and many sports.

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So what you are saying, 3-4 coaches in the district other than Sigler would have won district outright with this Silsbee team, correct?

I’m saying him winning this district with the roster he had isn’t earth shattering.  And at least a couple of the other coaches in that district did more with less imo.  And yes, I believe 2-3 other coaches in that district “could” (not “would” because this is obviously pure speculation and conjecture) have won district outright with that team.  And again, let’s not turn this into a Sigler isn’t a good coach argument. He’s obviously an excellent coach.  He just wouldn’t have been my choice for COTY in THIS particular year.  Only because there were a couple of other remarkable jobs done in this district. 

But again, it’s not the worst part of the superlative voting on this team. 

I’m saying him winning this district with the roster he had isn’t earth shattering.  And at least a couple of the other coaches in that district did more with less imo.  And yes, I believe 2-3 other coaches in that district “could” (not “would” because this is obviously pure speculation and conjecture) have won district outright with that team.  And again, let’s not turn this into a Sigler isn’t a good coach argument. He’s obviously an excellent coach.  He just wouldn’t have been my choice for COTY in THIS particular year.  Only because there were a couple of other remarkable jobs done in this district. 

What is the worst part?

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don't think anyone is claiming that it's "earth shattering".

I feel Sigler was as deserving as any of the other coaches in the district. Seems the majority thought so as well.