Life Waxahachie 75 Silsbee 66/FINAL

Score by quarters

1               2                 3                  4              tot

Silsbee              15             16               17                18             66

Life                    15             18               24                 18            75

FT %

SIL           11/18  61%

LW            10/19  53%

3 point %

SIL           5/27   19%

LW           4/15    27%

Rebounds

SIL           32

LW           42

Turnovers

SIL            21

LW            19

Fouls

SIL            23

LW            17

Individual scoring

Silsbee

Bray Bush               25 (11 assists)

Chris Martin           17 (11 rebounds)

Shan Gilder              8

Jordan Edwards      6

Jerrick Harper         5

Raymond Baltrip     3

Jayron Williams      2

Life Waxahachie

Vernon Johnson          39 (19 rebounds)

Jarius Morrison           13

Gage Mayfield               9

Jaden Epkin                  7

Blaine Stacy                  4

Derwin Lewis                3

7 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

4 Regional Finals....2 Regional MVPs....2 State Championship......3x Allstate....maybe Setx player of the year.....Great and I mean Great Career....Silsbee alltime leading scorer and it's not even close. 

And forgot to add YOU missed the point. Goodnight

Congratulations to my Tigers on another great year.  Not many would have expected you to get this far but you did.  Going to miss seeing Brae and Chris on the court but what a few years they have had.  

Tonight was just a tough one.  Hard to take being beat virtually by one player but yet i know we left many teams feeling the same way this year.  We simply had no answer for Johnson.  The best person we had to match up with him was Martin but early fouls kept him from being able to defend aggressively.  He just ate us up.  Another not so good night shooting and it caught up to us.

Two of my favorite Nuke & Brae Bush.  Brae coming down court, just feeling it, putting up a shot just inside half court.  Swishhh. Against  Yates.   Chris Martin taking the ball full court for a perfectly executed lay up vs. Carter, as a soph. in the championship game no less.  It don't get no better than that imo.  Best wishes to both of them on future endeavors.

10 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

4 Regional Finals....2 Regional MVPs....2 State Championship......3x Allstate....maybe Setx player of the year.....Great and I mean Great Career....Silsbee alltime leading scorer and it's not even close. 

I agree with everything you just said except the “ maybe SETX player of the year “. He’s the best I’ve seen in SETX this year. Young man is special!! 

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

I agree with everything you just said except the “ maybe SETX player of the year “. He’s the best I’ve seen in SETX this year. Young man is special!! 

We shall see. He would have my vote for sure. They usually have a banquet at some point and the Enterprise has a super gold team POY/MVP

I've seen a lot of the great ones from Silsbee.  Some I missed.  1971 Joe Price, David Matthews. Dr Larry Irvin, MD, coming off the bench. rip  Before that I listened to Raleigh Garrett, Davenport, the ladies favorite Emmunual, (can't think of his name, lives out in promise land now, Tyler? ).  Eddie Fobbs, James Simmons, esq.   Michael Dabney did some miraculous things with a basketball.  Too bad they didn't have a 3 pt line.  Heard about Darryl McArthur, David Green, Chris Miller, many others.  Damian Bush, the dad.

The Devon McCain, Jay Adams era, that ended the frustration.  Brae Bush had a big part in that.  

Also the Anthony Brown, Bo Shankle hoops era.  Artie Shankle is another one who didn't let being short at 5'10" slow him down on the court.  These are not in chronological order, just off the top of my head.  

I saw the girls make it to Austin and state with Brandi McCain, and the other girl who was just as good if not better.  I can't recall her name just now.

Can't forget the 1972 team with David Brown and James Hunter.  Hunter driving down the baseline with power and grace and quickness and incredible movies.  David Brown had it all.  6'8"" movies, outside shot, inside.  High School all American.  Played in the NCAA final four.

So, If someone wants to say Brae Bush is the best all time, I have no problem with that. All time leading scorer.  He had as much heart as anyone I  have mentioned, and that is saying a lot.