Silsbee 84 Houston Booker T. Washington 83/FINAL

Just now, Who That said:

And Silsbee set a number 9 almost all year

Not really.  We slipped to 14 as district began and then we slid down into the abyss of non-ranked status with the close game to Lumberton and the two loses.

I think the performance against Brazosport was kind of like a No. 14.  The performance tonight was more like the abyss.

Just now, JimThorpe said:

Not really.  We slipped to 14 as district began and then we slid down into the abyss of non-ranked status with the close game to Lumberton and the two loses.

I think the performance against Brazosport was kind of like a No. 14.  The performance tonight was more like the abyss.

But like you said we could see a completely different Tiger team this next game 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rankings dont matter. HF and HJ unranked beat Silsbee..Waxahachie Life will be a tough team. They have size and a few solid shooters for sure. Their best player got hurt last year vs Silsbee. To close to call but I'll take Silsbee but they MUST cut down on turnovers and for heavens sake make free throws. 

3 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Yes...they want to see if they can beat us by 30, 40, or more. 

Yea, I see your point.  We're the other big name in Region 3 even though we are rebuilding and unranked.  They'll want to rub our noses in our mediocrity.  

Well, Silsbee ISD has a total enrollment of 2928.

HISD has  214,175. 

Since HISD has open enrollment that means Yates has 73 times as many kids to draw from for a basketball team.  If we handicap on that basis, if Silsbee scores 70 points then Yates would need to score 5121 points to be considered the winner.

Congratulations to Silsbee!  You Tiger fans are awful spoiled to be nitpicking a team that is going to the regional tournament...again.  Especially when you lost all those players the last several years.  Great job Coach Sigler and staff, great job Braylon Bush, and great job to the role players who stepped up.  

4 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Congratulations to Silsbee!  You Tiger fans are awful spoiled to be nitpicking a team that is going to the regional tournament...again.  Especially when you lost all those players the last several years.  Great job Coach Sigler and staff, great job Braylon Bush, and great job to the role players who stepped up.  

You are so right.  We are spoiled rotten and we must sound terrible.  

Lol.

This is PG stuff compared to what Silsbee fans say at games when they're losing.

Some stats from the game.

Bush - 32 points

Martin - 15 points and 12 rebounds.

Harper - 10 points and 4 rebounds.

Baltrip - 10 points and 4 rebounds.

Edwards - 9 points and 4 rebounds.

Service in Crosby was very sketchy to say the least.  Our Tigers definitely looked lackluster tonight.  We looked sluggish or lazy on some of our passes,  defense and rebounding much of the time. It looked like you might get 2 or 3 Tigers going all out at one time but never all together.  If we get through friday night and play against Yates press and dont improve on how we handled the press tonight, it wont be pretty to say the least.  Tonight we almost lost the game at the free throw line and yet we won it at the free throw line at the same time.  Yes i know doesnt make much sense when you read it.  But what i am getting at is we missed enough free throws to lose the game.  Yet Washington shot just as bad if not worse from the line to allow us to win.  At the end of the day the only thing that matters at this time of the year is moving on to the next round and we are going back tomour second home in Huntsville.  Way to go Tigers!  Way to pull through on an off night and live to play another day.