Best Athletic Program in SETX

I think you'd have to put Silsbee high atop the list.  The basketball titles, recent football success, and consistently competitive baseball program convinced me.  

I thought we were finally turning the corner in '16 when we won district in all but one sport (I can't remember which one... jk, it was boys basketball), but that wasn't the case.

Don't kid yourself... a solid AD can make a difference across all sports. 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think you'd have to put Silsbee high atop the list.  The basketball titles, recent football success, and consistently competitive baseball program convinced me.  

I thought we were finally turning the corner in '16 when we won district in all but one sport (I can't remember which one... jk, it was boys basketball), but that wasn't the case.

Don't kid yourself... a solid AD can make a difference across all sports. 

BC still running slot-t?

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Nah... I’m not sure what we’re trying to do. 

I'll be glad when the slot-t craze of SETX dies out.  I played in it at a school when everyone was still in the spread.  Good offense but not very fun to play in.  I think there is a better way to go about it. People say you can't run it at small schools, false.  Just have to know what you're doing and develop.

3 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

I'll be glad when the slot-t craze of SETX dies out.  I played in it at a school when everyone was still in the spread.  Good offense but not very fun to play in.  I think there is a better way to go about it. People say you can't run it at small schools, false.  Just have to know what you're doing and develop.

The spread is a DISASTER if you don’t have a qb. 
That’s been one of our problems.... no qb development.  Kids with arms in BC want to pitch for the cards exclusively. 

36 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The spread is a DISASTER if you don’t have a qb. 
That’s been one of our problems.... no qb development.  Kids with arms in BC want to pitch for the cards exclusively. 

Gotta start the development in the JH. Todd Dodge has a development program from the time a QB starts in the 7th grade.

Kids play in open space in every other sport (basketball/baseball) then football comes around and you ask them to get foot to foot with their hands in the dirt & ask for 3 yards and a cloud of dust? It's just not fun playing football like that. Boring to watch, boring to play.

1 hour ago, TheOutsider said:

I'd be willing to bet there is a kid on that new turf baseball field right now that could sling it around the yard.

Same with OF/LCM/Lumberton/HJ.

I hope so. We are the only spread team in that list. BC ran mostly out of the spread. I’m not against a wing t team but I do feel like you have throw the ball some to make the defense honest. A lot of times you have to run what fits your talent and not what is popular. When I was in high school we ran the wishbone and it was pretty much just the option. The baseball kids didn’t want to play football  because they felt the offense was boring. I’d disagree with them because I like  smash mouth football. 

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

I hope so. We are the only spread team in that list. BC ran mostly out of the spread. I’m not against a wing t team but I do feel like you have throw the ball some to make the defense honest. A lot of times you have to run what fits your talent and not what is popular. When I was in high school we ran the wishbone and it was pretty much just the option. The baseball kids didn’t want to play football  because they felt the offense was boring. I’d disagree with them because I like  smash mouth football. 

Didn’t know you guys were spread now. I think some people look at the spread as airing it out. A lot of teams run the spread and are still a smash mouth/run first team. It’s all about the attitude and what you want your team to be. Also depends on personnel. 

14 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

Didn’t know you guys were spread now. I think some people look at the spread as airing it out. A lot of teams run the spread and are still a smash mouth/run first team. It’s all about the attitude and what you want your team to be. Also depends on personnel. 

Yes no huddle. We throw the ball 20 to 30 times a game this past season with a lot of zone read.The  two upcoming QB coming up can throw the ball well. We will be young this upcoming season due to graduation only bringing back our 3 year starter wide receiver. Who is your Alma mater?