Jack Yates vs LaMarque Regional Quarter Finals

10 hours ago, pets6 said:

I understand Yates is the team everyone talks about and dreads but I see no excitement in their games....guess it’s me,  they do not impress me, which I’m nobody I’m just somebody that watches basketball and loves the playoffs, I have no one that plays in high school,  just an old ball player myself from many years ago and I guess I like seeing more  Competitive ball playing then what I see with Yates, I would think as a fan it would get Somewhat boring after a while....

Good luck to all the teams left, lots of good memories you will have for a life time

That game was full of excitement. Even when they was up 50.  High School basketball needs a shot clock.

1 hour ago, setxhoopsfan said:

That game was full of excitement. Even when they was up 50.  High School basketball needs a shot clock.

A shot clock is needed.  it could be a good opportunity for high schoolers to get ready for college basketball. It will speed up the game, good teams will score within the time frame, bad teams will have to adjust. A shot clock may expose some coaches offensive & defensive plays but it will also challenge coaches to improve their philosophies and how they manage the clock

9 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

A shot clock is needed.  it could be a good opportunity for high schoolers to get ready for college basketball. It will speed up the game, good teams will score within the time frame, bad teams will have to adjust. A shot clock may expose some coaches offensive & defensive plays but it will also challenge coaches to improve their philosophies and how they manage the clock

A shot clock is not needed.

Some of you folk need to go watch some 2A and 1A basketball.

It would be a big responsibility for small schools.  Installing the equipment and making sure it’s working correctly is one issue.  The bigger issue is the need for a  fourth official at the scorers table.  You couldn’t invest that responsibility with a volunteer

I do think it would be fun for the kids.  They’ll feel a little like they are in the big leagues dealing with the same challenges the pros have.

Thats the main thing to me.  Is it good for the kids.  Frankly, I think it would be.  A 30 second clock would divide a quarter into 8 possessions for each team.  Surely that’s a reasonable thing.  Within that framework you could still be deliberate.  

It would prevent teams from sitting on a lead and to me that’s compelling.

3 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

It would be a big responsibility for small schools.  Installing the equipment and making sure it’s working correctly is one issue.  The bigger issue is the need for a  fourth official at the scorers table.  You couldn’t invest that responsibility with a volunteer

I do think it would be fun for the kids.  They’ll feel a little like they are in the big leagues dealing with the same challenges the pros have.

Thats the main thing to me.  Is it good for the kids.  Frankly, I think it would be.  A 30 second clock would divide a quarter into 8 possessions for each team.  Surely that’s a reasonable thing.  Within that framework you could still be deliberate.  

It would prevent teams from sitting on a lead and to me that’s compelling.

Small schools are already struggling to pay 3 officials.

Back to the game, it almost seems as if Yates has been sandbagging a little to not draw too much attention to themselves.  Sort of like that athlete on steroids that never does his full 1 rep max because it would be so obvious to everyone that he is on the juice.  I guess the gloves came off in this game since the curtain has been pulled back.  I actually felt sorry for the #4 team in the state of Texas.  

6 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Back to the game, it almost seems as if Yates has been sandbagging a little to not draw too much attention to themselves.  Sort of like that athlete on steroids that never does his full 1 rep max because it would be so obvious to everyone that he is on the juice.  I guess the gloves came off in this game since the curtain has been pulled back.  I actually felt sorry for the #4 team in the state of Texas.  

Yates would be a top 7 team in 5A and maybe top 10-12 in 6A.