McCain & Adams

This may have been covered at some point already this season...

My question is regarding this duo from Silsbee. It was my understanding that after their completion of high school this tandem was to attend Austin Peay together. I have seen that Adams has fulfilled his commitment and adapted nicely to the college game, but McCain has disappeared completely?? I feel certain that someone on this site would have reliable info as to why this is the case.

1 minute ago, indian15/16 said:

This may have been covered at some point already this season...

My question is regarding this duo from Silsbee. It was my understanding that after their completion of high school this tandem was to attend Austin Peay together. I have seen that Adams has fulfilled his commitment and adapted nicely to the college game, but McCain has disappeared completely?? I feel certain that someone on this site would have reliable info as to why this is the case.

McCain tore his ACL in practice right before season started. He is rehabbing. If you catch any of AP's games on the tube, you will see McCain on the bench not suited up.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

McCain tore his ACL in practice right before season started. He is rehabbing. If you catch any of AP's games on the tube, you will see McCain on the bench not suited up.

That's the type of explanation I was anticipating. That is unfortunate but I feel quite certain he will work hard and go on to have a very successful college career. He possesses a lot of talent and along with Adams Austin Peay will be a force in their conference moving forward.

10 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

We shall see. If your not guaranteed 1st round (top 20), better of staying in school. Ask the Harrison Twins.

Different situation for each kid. Adams in my opinion is better than both compared to the twins freshman season. 

I love Jay Adams game.  You don't see players with his skills in Silsbee very often. But being freshman of the week 9 times or so and making it to the NBA are two different things.  I read where the APSU coach mentioned Ja Morant & Adams in the same paragraph. There is no comparison IMO.  Morant is off the charts in terms of skill and athleticism.   They got players from schools like Duke, UCLA, NC that can't make the NBA.  Programs like that recruit the absolute best.

Hopefully I am wrong.  I don't think I am.

9 hours ago, ST413 said:

Let me ask this question on this thread,  how does one know teams in the nba are interested while still in college?  Isnt it a violation of nba rules even to basically show an interest?

They get a draft grade if they consider putting their name in at the end of the college season. You can go to the NBA combine if you dont sign a agent, you can come back to college. There are kids who may get a 2nd round grade comeback and bet a 1st round grade 

1 hour ago, no-look said:

NBA scouts are hard at work finding potential players. They will find you if you’re good enough. 

Trust me Adams is on the radar... he is already assumed a mid second rd pick. With a strong combine he could sneak in the 1st round... but I think he wants to play 1 year with Devon and another strong year could see him be a lottery pick