Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

If it’s a legit transfer (meaning no recruitment was involved) it’s fine with me. I have no reason to favor any one of these programs over the other. I support all SETX programs. I’m just giving my opinion from the outside looking in. I have no clue who’s actually recruiting who’s not but certain things look more suspicious than others. Transfers happen all the time. Kids go to different programs for different reasons. Not every time do these reasons involve recruiting. In fact I believe my hometown, Woodville lost a good 2 sport athlete to Silsbee a couple years back. We don’t get a whole lot of great athletes in Woodville so that hurt us I think. But I don’t think any recruiting was involved. I believe he had family ties in Silsbee or may have lived there before at one point and it didn’t hurt that Silsbee has a great athletic program which I think had something to do with him and his family’s decision also. I think that transfer hurt Woodville a lot more than it helped Silsbee which is the killer part lol. But I don’t think there was any recruiting involved. I think that was a decision he and his family made on their own. Now those type of things happen all the time but when 4 or 5 good athletes transfer to a program at one time with no ties to the community that raises eyebrows. If you can prove a coach is recruiting players on a small or large scale than I am all the way with you but if your just going to throw allegations out there because a program has had a transfer or 2 over the years sounds like your reaching 

A lot of those kids have ties to yates .. great grandparents, grandparents , or parents went there ..yates is a very old school ...with yates basketball  ur argument goes both ways ... they lose kids to the ft bend schools which are always exceptional in basketball , they lose kids to Prep and private schools ... this balances out.. yates does not have to recruit any players ...players already want to go there .. 

12 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

I Work hard , and control the things that I can control, I don’t complain To my kids about the unevenness ..I tell them to work hard and treat everyone like they want to be treated   ... but I’m not gonna make a big issue  Or go to the media about something that I’ was guilty of doing years  back ...Clay Davis was Clearly  out of line for those comments and for allowing his player to be disrespectful..and y’all are on here Justifying his comments , actions / lack of actions 

To what uneveness do you refer?

19 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

I Work hard , and control the things that I can control, I don’t complain To my kids about the unevenness ..I tell them to work hard and treat everyone like they want to be treated   ... but I’m not gonna make a big issue  Or go to the media about something that I’ was guilty of doing years  back ...Clay Davis was Clearly  out of line for those comments and for allowing his player to be disrespectful..and y’all are on here Justifying his comments , actions / lack of actions 

What player was disrespectful?  To whom was he disrespectful?   In what manner he display his disrespect? By the way, I happen to know that HJ has a policy that deals a punishment for technicals in subsequent games.  That policy is far more effective than some bit of acting on the court to mollify people such as yourself.

8 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

A lot of those kids have ties to yates .. great grandparents, grandparents , or parents went there ..yates is a very old school ...with yates basketball  ur argument goes both ways ... they lose kids to the ft bend schools which are always exceptional in basketball , they lose kids to Prep and private schools ... this balances out.. yates does not have to recruit any players ...players already want to go there .. 

If that’s the case then so be it. But I think the UIL needs to pay close attention to make sure there is no foul play. 4 6’8 transfers all senior in one year? Goodness!   

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

What player was disrespectful?  To whom was he disrespectful?   In what manner he display his disrespect?

Disrespect towards the official Resulting in him getting a tech  and the coach pretty much being entertained by it ... didn’t pull him out the game or pull him to the side .. he basically sided with his player and barked at the officials after the tech ... Poor class and some sour /salty loser type stuff...Then to scream in the audience And make those statements after the game ... then y’all on here justifying it 

2 hours ago, Magic Johnson said:

H.J best player transferred from BU...Clay full of himself...He is running an AAU program at his high school that funnels player to H.J...Nobody and I mean nobody should feel sorry for Clay...When you got the UIL in your back pocket there is no need to worry about anything...

Hard to argue this.  I am against Yates (or any school) circumventing the spirit of the rules to create competitive a balance as anybody.   But Coach Davis definitely shouldn’t be the one complaining.  

1 minute ago, bayou city 713 said:

Disrespect towards the official Resulting in him getting a tech  and the coach pretty much being entertained by it ... didn’t pull him out the game or pull him to the side .. he basically sided with his player and barked at the officials after the tech ... Poor class and some sour /salty loser type stuff...Then to scream in the audience And make those statements after the game ... then y’all on here justifying it 

So the coach was "pretty much entertained by that"?  In what way was he " pretty much entertained"? It was the kids 5th foul and the last game of his career so there was no need to jerk him off the court.  The coach has a full minute to determine the substitute and the player is to remain on the floor until his substitute has been selected.  He was the coaches son who, at a young age nearly lost his life and it has been a very long journey for the father/son.  Hence the embrace which was belittled and mocked by some folks directly behind the HJ bench and the coach took issue with it.  I'm sure you would have handled it differently, right?

29 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

You talking about #13 ?? That tech was unnecessary. 

11 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I don’t know the HJ Coach nor have I ever met me, but I can state that Coach Wise would have been in that players ass if he received a tech regardless if it was his 1st or 5th foul. This is my personal opinion. 

You are correct, you dont know the HJ coach and you have no earthly idea how he deals with technicals. ( this one was the only technical ever given to this player in over 100 varsity and another 50 sub varsity games)  The coach, long ago, implemented a policy ( so the players  and other interested parties know in advance of the  consequences) that results in suspensions from subsequent games.  My opinion is that is a better option and teaches a better lesson than screaming and yelling at a player in front of his friends and families.   As you said, that is my personal opinion.  That policy has been in force and adhered to for a number of years.