Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, Honest Abe said:

That wasn’t my point at all! If you read it again, you will see that I ‘threw nobody under the bus’. 
But of course you are incapable of comprehending such simple conversation, apparently. 

Maybe it's is because he doesn't have the time or energy to post a lot on this board.

Just now, Magic Johnson said:

If this is Clay Davis, your "Coach" is over the UIL athletics...

Lets assume I am Clay Davis and lets assume my coach is "over the UIL athletics".  What benefits has that produced for HJ?   On another note, what is your thought of people who come on this board with multiple identities and with one or two them, try to promote themselves?

4 minutes ago, Magic Johnson said:

That First regional team had a bunch of Port Arthur kids playing...

Oh yeah? Interesting you say this bc I’ve proved at least 10 times over the years that your opinion is nothing but that. Their is no truth to it whatsoever. ONE kid, Kelvin Smith, moved to Nederland in the 9th grade. A kid who had barely played b-ball before he arrived at Nederland. He did become the MVP of the district his Senior year. Must have been some good coaching. 😏

Just now, Honest Abe said:

Oh yeah? Interesting you say this bc I’ve proved at least 10 times over the years that your opinion is nothing but that. Their is no truth to it whatsoever. ONE kid, Kelvin Smith, moved to Nederland in the 9th grade. A kid who had barely played b-ball before he arrived at Nederland. He did become the MVP of the district his Senior year. Must have been some good coaching. 😏

Moved to Ned in the ninth grade and earned his way through that system?  Wow, what a novel idea.   Of course, if he had just moved there as a senior along with several other seniors from Pt. Arthur, that would have been ok.

I was on the fence about all of this but after reading through some of these posts, if true, Yates had FOUR Senior transfers this year. All who are major contributors to their team. They also had a fifth transfer who was denied. (I must have missed the reasoning for the denial) It seems to me all of the other accusations of recruiting against HJ and Silsbee, etc. are just that. Accusations with no real substantial evidence. I'd say four Senior transfers is more than enough for the UIL to have to look into the situation. Especially four players of that caliber. What are the chances of that actually happening? 

Just now, gogo1734 said:

I was on the fence about all of this but after reading through some of these posts, if true, Yates had FOUR Senior transfers this year. All who are major contributors to their team. They also had a fifth transfer who was denied. (I must have missed the reasoning for the denial) It seems to me all of the other accusations of recruiting against HJ and Silsbee, etc. are just that. Accusations with no real substantial evidence. I'd say four Senior transfers is more than enough for the UIL to have to look into the situation. Especially four players of that caliber. What are the chances of that actually happening? 

It happened and was approved by the UIL Executive Committee with no problem esp for 1. Yates and the transfer portal isn’t going anywhere any time soon, so SETX and the HJ Coach can get use to it or move down in classification. That’s right if you move down to 3A you will have the same issues with Dallas Madison and there transfer portal kids. 

There was a rumor going around the neighborhood that Yates might become a Prep School and remain in UIL similar to the prep schools in 4A Region 2 District 10. With the recent Population growth around Yates and the school being located between 2 universities makes Yates an ideal candidate for a Prep School. The transfer portal will be in full effect if that ever happens.

8 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

It happened and was approved by the UIL Executive Committee with no problem esp for 1. Yates and the transfer portal isn’t going anywhere any time soon, so SETX and the HJ Coach can get use to it or move down in classification. That’s right if you move down to 3A you will have the same issues with Dallas Madison and there transfer portal kids. 

There was a rumor going around the neighborhood that Yates might become a Prep School and remain in UIL similar to the prep schools in 4A Region 2 District 10. With the recent Population growth around Yates and the school being located between 2 universities makes Yates an ideal candidate for a Prep School. The transfer portal will be in full effect if that ever happens.

I don't know what happened. I'm simply questioning the legitimacy of four outstanding basketball players transferring to one 4A school in the same year for academic reasons. Since doing so for athletic reasons would not be permitted. Is that not a valid question?

5 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Interesting that you speak of area population growth.      At the same time that this growth has taken place, my understanding is that Yates enrollment has gone from 1150 to 850.    hmmmm

48 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

No....I like to keep the goal post where it’s at and keep the playing fields even. 

So it’s justified for HJ to  benefit from a marginal .transfer as long as it’s only one super star ... ...sounds   Either hypocritical.or sounds like moving the goal post to me ...Is it fair that everytime that yates play In Huntsville it’s 5 vs 8 ? When they lost to silsbee in 2018 was anybody saying that ? Stop with the excuseS where I’m from life is uneven for most people 

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Interesting that you speak of area population growth.      At the same time that this growth has taken place, my understanding is that Yates enrollment has gone from 1150 to 850.    hmmmm

Without sounding like a racist, the population growth around the school are of Caucasian Race and they are not sending their kids to an All African American High School that’s the reason for the low enrollment.  Those kids are being bus to Lamar and Bellaire High School. 

2 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Yates has only 1 middle school that feeds into the school and coaches did call out other coaches on their athletes and the transfer portal. Maybe the HJ coach is upset because he is 0-4 against Yates and the transfers. This is my personal op

WOW, transfer portal worked for 2 rings for Silsbee Tigers 👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

Middle to high school not Junior to senior year lmao

6 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Without sounding like a racist, the population growth around the school are of Caucasian Race and they are not sending their kids to an All African American High School that’s the reason for the low enrollment.  Those kids are being bus to Lamar and Bellaire High School. 

Man Yates is playing domino's while we playing go fish lmao. They shouldn't be a 4A school with the access they have to open enrollment. 

1 minute ago, bayou city 713 said:

So it’s justified for HJ to  benefit from a marginal .transfer as long as it’s only one super star ... ...sounds   Either hypocritical.or sounds like moving the goal post to me ...Is it fair that everytime that yates play In Huntsville it’s 5 vs 8 ? When they lost to silsbee in 2018 was anybody saying that ? Stop with the excuseS where I’m from life is uneven for most people 

If it’s a legit transfer (meaning no recruitment was involved) it’s fine with me. I have no reason to favor any one of these programs over the other. I support all SETX programs. I’m just giving my opinion from the outside looking in. I have no clue who’s actually recruiting who’s not but certain things look more suspicious than others. Transfers happen all the time. Kids go to different programs for different reasons. Not every time do these reasons involve recruiting. In fact I believe my hometown, Woodville lost a good 2 sport athlete to Silsbee a couple years back. We don’t get a whole lot of great athletes in Woodville so that hurt us I think. But I don’t think any recruiting was involved. I believe he had family ties in Silsbee or may have lived there before at one point and it didn’t hurt that Silsbee has a great athletic program which I think had something to do with him and his family’s decision also. I think that transfer hurt Woodville a lot more than it helped Silsbee which is the killer part lol. But I don’t think there was any recruiting involved. I think that was a decision he and his family made on their own. Now those type of things happen all the time but when 4 or 5 good athletes transfer to a program at one time with no ties to the community that raises eyebrows. If you can prove a coach is recruiting players on a small or large scale than I am all the way with you but if your just going to throw allegations out there because a program has had a transfer or 2 over the years sounds like your reaching 

20 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

And you have no complaints that you sometime voice about the "uneveness" of your life other than basketball?  You never feel that you are a victim?  You believe in self responsibility and believe that everyone should be held accountable for their lot in life?

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And you have no complaints that you sometime voice about the "uneveness" of your life other than basketball?  You never feel that you are a victim?  You believe in self responsibility and believe that everyone should be held accountable for their lot in life?

I Work hard , and control the things that I can control, I don’t complain To my kids about the unevenness ..I tell them to work hard and treat everyone like they want to be treated   ... but I’m not gonna make a big issue  Or go to the media about something that I’ was guilty of doing years  back ...Clay Davis was Clearly  out of line for those comments and for allowing his player to be disrespectful..and y’all are on here Justifying his comments , actions / lack of actions