Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Sounds like Sore loser talk .... I’m thinking and willing to bet in years past Hardin Jefferson has benefitted from marginal transfers ... and also the coach showed poor class nite .. his player got a tech no reprimand , no pulling him to the side or Anything ... say what you want about yates ..the teams loses  and Wins with class ..win or lose wise don’t play that .

The comment the HJ Coach made (Probably have to go recruit some players,” said ClayDavis on preparing for Yates) was very disrespectful toward Coach Wise. I have never heard Coach Wise disrespect any coach after a loss. This is my personal opinion 

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

But that complaint has to come within your own district HISD isn’t going to complain about each other.

HISD Athletic Director denied the transfers, Yates had to file an appeal with UIL. HISD has been working behind closed doors to sell the property that Yates is on to The University of Houston. HISD doesn’t care for Yates, they prefer Bellaire, Lamar and The Heights. The transfers those schools get justify my statement. HISD ran the clock in the second half of Yates Games in an attempt to stop them from reaching their record 100 point streak. 

3 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

HISD Athletic Director denied the transfers, Yates had to file an appeal with UIL. HISD has been working behind closed doors to sell the property that Yates is on to The University of Houston. HISD doesn’t care for Yates, they prefer Bellaire, Lamar and The Heights. The transfers those schools get justify my statement. HISD ran the clock in the second half of Yates Games in an attempt to stop them from reaching their record 100 point streak. 

On a day Htown flooded and the feds ran up on hisd headquarters 

2 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Hmmmm.....

That's kind of the opposite of the word I get from HISD admins when I visit with them at Regional tourney over the last several years. They seem quite proud of Yates and it's accomplishments.

Yates is their basketball baby, a direct quote from a HISD assistant AD.

38 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The transfer portal has worked in the past for Bridgeport, Faith Family and all of DISD Teams with Championships. 

And what they don’t understand is That yates loses key players just as they come. So this goes both ways. Yates and other hisd school lose a lot of players to ft. Bend , prep schools , and private schools. A lot of the people on this site have bad understanding of what goes on in Houston and HiSD... 

1 minute ago, bayou city 713 said:

And what they don’t understand is That yates loses key players just as they come. So this goes both ways. Yates and other hisd school lose a lot of players to ft. Bend , prep schools , and private schools. A lot of the people on this site have bad understanding of what goes on in Houston and HiSD... 

I know. 😎

39 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The comment the HJ Coach made (Probably have to go recruit some players,” said ClayDavis on preparing for Yates) was very disrespectful toward Coach Wise. I have never heard Coach Wise disrespect any coach after a loss. This is my personal opinion 

Was it not true tho?

11 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

So what you are saying is that because Yates losses players to other schools it is deemed necessary (and ok and expected) for Yates to seek other players from other schools. Correct?

Let me get all this straight! 

1. Yates are cheaters and recruit players but somehow do it legally by UIL rules? Yates also had a player ruled ineligible by the UIL but the other senior transfers were apparently given the green light by the UIL? So don’t this make them legit?  

2. Clay Davis is a sore loser and cry baby and he had to come up with a reason why him and he’s team got embarrassed. I don’t agree with his statement he made in the BMT enterprise although it doesn’t surprise me. He knew a beat down was coming. In my eyes that makes him a cry baby and sore loser. 

Time to move on and good luck to all the other area teams still alive. 

8 minutes ago, dadofabulldog said:

1. Yates are cheaters and recruit players but somehow do it legally by UIL rules? Yates also had a player ruled ineligible by the UIL but the other senior transfers were apparently given the green light by the UIL? So don’t this make them legit?  

2. Clay Davis is a sore loser and cry baby and he had to come up with a reason why him and he’s team got embarrassed. I don’t agree with his statement he made in the BMT enterprise although it doesn’t surprise me. He knew a beat down was coming. In my eyes that makes him a cry baby and sore loser. 

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Hard to beat someone when the playing field isnt level. Yates has access to talent all across the city of Houston of about 2.3 million residents. Hardin Jefferson has the access to 2000. HISD hasn't really had a school do much in football or basketball (besides Yates) in years. 

This is the biggest issue right here. If they truly have that many to choose from then they should be in the highest classification period. This would fix a lot of the issues. The best way to fix it in my opinion is that you classify every open enrollment school by population in there area. If you have a area that kids can play for your school then it should be counted in there enrollment numbers. 

22 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hmmmm.....

That's kind of the opposite of the word I get from HISD admins when I visit with them at Regional tourney over the last several years. They seem quite proud of Yates and it's accomplishments.

Yates is their basketball baby, a direct quote from a HISD assistant AD.

The AD is making those statements because Yates is making money for the district. Don’t let politics fool you, if HISD was so in love with Yates why is it they didn’t schedule one game for Yates in the New Delmar Field-house. Yates game attendance is greater then Bellaire, Lamar and The Heights but those schools gets to play at Delmar.  

1 minute ago, dadofabulldog said:

This is the biggest issue right here. If they truly have that many to choose from then they should be in the highest classification period. This would fix a lot of the issues. The best way to fix it in my opinion is that you classify every open enrollment school by population in there area. If you have a area that kids can play for your school then it should be counted in there enrollment numbers. 

Your theory would not work in Houston, Kashmere would have to move up to 6A and that would not be a pretty picture to see them loss to a 6A school by 100 points a game

4 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The AD is making those statements because Yates is making money for the district. Don’t let politics fool you, if HISD was so in love with Yates why is it they didn’t schedule one game for Yates in the New Delmar Field-house. Yates game attendance is greater then Bellaire, Lamar and The Heights but those schools gets to play at Delmar.  

Damn. 

34 minutes ago, dadofabulldog said:

So what did Coach Davis say that was false in the article?  You are claiming that Yates is OK for following the rules and getting transfers(recruits) legally.  That part is ok to you?  But then you call Coach Davis a sore loser and a cry baby for making a statement that is TRUE. 

If his statement isn't true then I would say that makes him a crybaby and sore loser, but for the most part he is calling out a loophole(yes legal) that puts him at a competitive disadvantage.

Would be interesting to list all the H-J players and where they went to middle school and all the Yates players and see where they went to middle school.  See how many H-J players were zoned H-J in middle school and compare how many Yates players went to Yates feeders(the ones that are suppossed to feed Yates) not all of the enitre HISD like it seems to feed Yates

3 minutes ago, tcufrog said:

So what did Coach Davis say that was false in the article?  You are claiming that Yates is OK for following the rules and getting transfers(recruits) legally.  That part is ok to you?  But then you call Coach Davis a sore loser and a cry baby for making a statement that is TRUE. 

If his statement isn't true then I would say that makes him a crybaby and sore loser, but for the most part he is calling out a loophole(yes legal) that puts him at a competitive disadvantage.

Would be interesting to list all the H-J players and where they went to middle school and all the Yates players and see where they went to middle school.  See how many H-J players were zoned H-J in middle school and compare how many Yates players went to Yates feeders(the ones that are suppossed to feed Yates) not all of the enitre HISD like it seems to feed Yates

Don't even have to compare middle schools. 4 of the 5 Yates transfers for this year are seniors.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

In regards to Adams for Silsbee, he transferred to Silsbee in middle school.

If UIL said he had to sit a year (which would have been his freshman year) then so be it. Should come with the territory.

This is an absolute lie. Adams attended Vincent middle school in BEAUMONT TX. never played a minute at silsbee middle school cut the BS. I know the facts 

10 minutes ago, tcufrog said:

Yates has only 1 middle school that feeds into the school and coaches did call out other coaches on their athletes and the transfer portal. Maybe the HJ coach is upset because he is 0-4 against Yates and the transfers. This is my personal op

3 minutes ago, idiotproof1981 said:

This is an absolute lie. Adams attended Vincent middle school in BEAUMONT TX. never played a minute at silsbee middle school cut the BS. I know the facts 

WOW, transfer portal worked for 2 rings for Silsbee Tigers 👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

52 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Your theory would not work in Houston, Kashmere would have to move up to 6A and that would not be a pretty picture to see them loss to a 6A school by 100 points a game

This would only apply to open enrollment schools. Just simply close the the enrollment to just the district area and your good. Problem solved.