Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

To clarify, Hall moved to Silsbee his junior year but remained enrolled at Kountze. It's my understanding one is allowed to do that.

Yeah that's not what I meant.  I meant that kids go to neighboring schools but don't live in district all of the time.  What you're referring to is completely legal.  In fact.. he could have transferred schools to Silsbee and played year of.  According to how it's set up now.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

To clarify, Hall moved to Silsbee his junior year but remained enrolled at Kountze. It's my understanding one is allowed to do that.

I'm sure Silsbee wouldn't have turned him away had he decided to transfer.  May have resulted in some different Kountze outcomes.. but SHS wouldn't have minded. 

For those who are "whining" about the whiners, I would add this:    The conversation about what goes on at Yates has NOT come up just because a local team lost a game to them.   It's been oft mentioned  on this board for at least the last 7 or 8 years (aka- dozens and dozens of references to "communications programs" that take place year round, not just during basketball season.

9 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The triple team has 2 objectives, one is to catch your opponents sleeping and get an easy turnover or two give up an easy score but keep the game at a fast pace that will eventually favor Yates

I know, just was weird to me. 

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

For those who are "whining" about the whiners, I would add this:    The conversation about what goes on at Yates has NOT come up just because a local team lost a game to them.   It's been oft mentioned  on this board for at least the last 7 or 8 years (aka- dozens and dozens of references to "communications programs" that take place year round, not just during basketball season.

And here we are 7-8 yrs later and y’all still crying !!!! LET IT GO!!!!

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Was talking to my mom last night about Yates, even she said Yates been a staple for bball so what the fuss was about. I couldn't say anything, i stfu excuse my language and kept it moving. 

2 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

And what exactly would you tell the other teams in the Yates 4A district who lose by 60., 70, 80 points?? 
To work harder in the gym? Those other Houston ISD schools don’t have a chance to win district bc they are overmatched by an all-star team. Yates isn’t a HS b-ball team. 

Believe me those HISD teams that Yates is beating by 60, 70, 80 points will get their revenge in Baseball ️ when they beat the brakes of Yates. It all balance off at the end. 

2 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Believe me those HISD teams that Yates is beating by 60, 70, 80 points will get their revenge in Baseball ️ when they beat the brakes of Yates. It all balance off at the end. 

Your post will go on deaf ears in this area. Smh. 

Just now, SportsJunkie32 said:

Silsbee shouldn't cry to much...

Tigers went through Yates to be 17 & 18 State Champs!

Also hearing Silsbee fixing to reload with home grown talent to face them Jack Yates all-star recruits again

*Hold them to under 100 Tigers*

12 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Your post will go on deaf ears in this area. Smh. 

Not mine.. I can attest to this. When I was in school PA Lincoln would beat the hell out of us in basketball, but when baseball season came around it was our turn. It's worked that way for a long time throughout HS sports.

Edited by gogo1734
misspelled word

4 minutes ago, gogo1734 said:

Not mine.. I can attest to this. When I was in school PA Lincoln would beat the hell out of us in basketball, but when baseball season came around it was our turn. It's worked that way for a long time throughout HS sports.

100. I respect that. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

In regards to Adams for Silsbee, he transferred to Silsbee in middle school.

If UIL said he had to sit a year (which would have been his freshman year) then so be it. Should come with the territory.

WOW good info on how Adams was able to play for Silsbee. Yates can beat the system (loop hole)  by having the kids transfer to their middle school and we won’t be having this discussion. Nice way to beat the rules 👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

1 minute ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

WOW good info on how Adams was able to play for Silsbee. Yates can beat the system (loop hole)  by having the kids transfer to their middle school and we won’t be having this discussion. Nice way to beat the rules 👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

If Yates gets middle school transfers, then so be it. I see no harm in that.

Getting multiple senior transfers is what is in question.

10 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

7 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

The same reason .. HJ’s starters were Still  in... wise pulled his starters first 

@BMTSoulja1 read. 

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Last few paragraphs from Beaumont Enterprise article on tonight's game. Thought this was good:

Jaystan Davis was proud to represent Hardin-Jefferson and be coached by his father.

“It was special moment for sure,” Jaystan Davis said. “It’s been a good three years playing for him and we have had had our ups and downs, struggles and success. I have become so much mentally stronger as a player and being a coach’s kid. I have learned how to work well with others and be a great teammate. I’ll take that with me when I graduate and enter the real world.”

While Clay Davis was hugging his son, he exchanged words with a Yates fan in the crowd where he became emotional and told the crowd that he was hugging his son.

Hardin-Jefferson never led in the game. Yates’ up-tempo offense and press defense cause problems for the Hawks.

Austin Samaya led the Hawks with 20 points.

Preparing for the No. 1 team in Class 4A can be challenging.

“Probably have to go recruit some players,” said Clay Davis on preparing for Yates. “Unfortunately, the system is a little broken right now. There is holes in the system and they choose to take advantage of them. It is what it is, and it’s hard to prepare for. We will take the kids we have in our system that come up in our system. I wouldn’t trade any of our kids for anyone else.”

The Lions scored 100 points in their 20th straight game. Yates senior guard Rubin Jones knocked down the 3-pointer with 2:58 left in the fourth quarter that lifted the team over the 100-point mark as the crowd from Yates cheered on the Lions.

As the season comes to an end for the Hawks, its five seniors made a name for themselves within the program.

“The legacy that they will leave is that they represented Hardin-Jefferson basketball the way it should be represented. I’m so proud,” Clay Davis said. “Those are our kids, Hardin-Jefferson kids from Day 1. We don’t go out and recruit our players. The kids that we put on the floor are Hardin-Jefferson kids from our program.”

I think Coach Davis says it all. Kudos to him and his team.

Sounds like Sore loser talk .... I’m thinking and willing to bet in years past Hardin Jefferson has benefitted from marginal transfers ... and also the coach showed poor class last nite .. his player got a tech no reprimand , no pulling him to the side or Anything ... say what you want about yates ..win or lose they show  class ..win or lose wise don’t play that .

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, UIL has things in place to prove if true recruiting is going on.  They also have ways that you can easily blow the whistle if you see it. Remember, it wasn't long ago that one of the coaches for Nederland blew the whistle for Central's 7' African kid.  🤷🏾‍♂️

But that complaint has to come within your own district HISD isn’t going to complain about each other.