Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am good with that.

Be aware.. if that were the case, it would have a major impact on even local "small town" schools.  Notably the recent East Chambers football/basketball year, currently HF, and countless other area schools who had success with one or more transfer kids. 

Gotta take the bad with the good if that's the rule. 

1 hour ago, Mamba said:

And guess what he we still go to college . 

Right; you are clearly missing the point...ask any college athlete (myself included) what they would do to have their senior year back. Lebron James still talks about how some of the best times of his life were playing with his friends his senior year. I lost in the third round my senior year I would do anything to have that game back. This kid doesn't get that, and he was punished because of trying to transfer because it is against the rules. I feel for the kid as he misses out on a full year of experiences that he can't get any other time. 

Just now, oldschool2 said:

Be aware.. if that were the case, it would have a major impact on even local "small town" schools.  Notably the recent East Chambers football/basketball year, currently HF, and countless other area schools who had success with one or more transfer kids. 

Gotta take the bad with the good if that's the rule. 

Again, I completely understand and am good with it.

My school, Silsbee, has had to have kids sit a year many times. Some stuck it out and played the following year while others left.

1 minute ago, Magic Johnson said:

How many players over the last 5 years were from Beaumont that played for H.J and Silsbee...Silsbee would not have any championships if the "MOVE IN's stayed in Beaumont but that's not my business...

In regards to Adams for Silsbee, he transferred to Silsbee in middle school.

If UIL said he had to sit a year (which would have been his freshman year) then so be it. Should come with the territory.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Again, I completely understand and am good with it.

My school, Silsbee, has had to have kids sit a year many times. Some stuck it out and played the following year while others left.

That's basically what I stated last night but at this point it is what is and people are going to have different opinions about it... Some folks need to move on and just let it be

56 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I know exactly what you are talking about.

You actually thought he would get that accolade?

WE !!!  All knew the good ol boys would never allow it to happen because they were salty . But take that @$$ whipping in stride ,LCM,HJ,BC

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

In regards to Adams for Silsbee, he transferred to Silsbee in middle school.

If UIL said he had to sit a year (which would have been his freshman year) then so be it. Should come with the territory.

2 minutes ago, Mamba said:

WE !!!  All knew the good ol boys would never allow it to happen because they were salty . But take that @$$ whipping in stride ,LCM,HJ,

They never moved from Beaumont...LOL

If Silsbee can make it to regional finals vs Yates...

Wonder if they can just add (3) players maybe Jordyn Adams, kalon barnes and Tre Grubbs to the roster?

Seems that this might be OK since Yates recruited a plethora of talent to aid in this 2020 playoff run.

If not, we can just jump up & down once the current Silsbee squad with (0) transfers holds Yates under 100 and breaks this glorified streak. 😁

2 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

Salty or simply the truth? Does ANYONE deny that Yates recruits? This isn’t college basketball, it’s high school. The idea is to take the kids in your town and play against the kids in the next town to see who is better. The next level, college, is where you get the best talent from said schools and put them on the same team and then compete. Yates is basically a small college/JUCO team. 

Well, UIL has things in place to prove if true recruiting is going on.  They also have ways that you can easily blow the whistle if you see it. Remember, it wasn't long ago that one of the coaches for Nederland blew the whistle for Central's 7' African kid.  🤷🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Wouldn't nobody here be apologizing for these squads if their teams were the ones that had to deal with it.

Hypothetical Super team - 150

Beaumont United - 40

If that something like that happened every year, you know good and well feelings would change.

I applaud Coach Davis for speaking the truth after the game.

United has played Yates a few times, no complaining..  Central and Ozen played these guys all the time.  No complaining.   Just sayin...

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, UIL has things in place to prove if true recruiting is going on.  They also have ways that you can easily blow the whistle if you see it. Remember, it wasn't long ago that one of the coaches for Nederland blew the whistle for Central's 7' African kid.  🤷🏾‍♂️

Zing!!!!

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Exactly.

Doakes really had no chance of becoming eligible but the folk at Yates kept telling him otherwise. Kid ended up losing his senior year.

Doakes can go to a Prep School or one of those elite academy schools and reclassify for the 2020-2021 season. Doakes personal health is more important at this time of his life, basketball is secondary.

1 hour ago, Mballler#1 said:

I understand what you are saying I remember when Silsbee had all the tools to win a state title some years ago before they won recently and a big time player from Kountze was set to join them well before the season started But the district and the uil stepped in immediately and shut that down in just saying if they can recruit with no problems then why can’t other schools do it without issues.

Who was the Kountze player your referring to?

10 hours ago, gonelsons said:

The real question is why was Rubin Jones still in the game with 2:58 remaining in the 4th when you already had that big of a lead?

Rubin Jones and his team didn’t want the 100 point streak to end. Coach Wise plays different combinations of starters and bench players in the 4th qtr. until they bust the clock. 

36 minutes ago, gogo1734 said:

I stopped at the top of the article when I saw who wrote it. Jerome Solomon is incapable of writing or saying anything that doesn't suit whatever it is he believes that day. I've heard him many times contradict himself on ESPN 97.5 in the same segment. 

Just to clarify, no curse words left Coach Davis mouth like the article stated it did.

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Agreed. Sometimes during the game they tried triple teaming, why i dont know. It was dumb in my opinion. 

The triple team has 2 objectives, one is to catch your opponents sleeping and get an easy turnover or two give up an easy score but keep the game at a fast pace that will eventually favor Yates