Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Coaches don’t recruit players ..Players recruit players . Like i said you may not have gotten the better players but you have gotten players that help you win nothing gets said about the SETX schools that have done it and won. 

Everyone gets transfers from time to time. Sometimes those transfers happen to really benefit athletic clubs. And yes everyone knows that sometimes those transfers have been recruited. I wish that never happened but that’s less obvious and more manageable to deal with. But when teams start bringing in 4 and 5 recruits in the same year ( not in the course of 5 or 10 years) it becomes more obvious what’s going on and it’s a real blow to the integrity of the game. You being on this site I would guess you are a fan of the game. You having that great man on your profile I would think you valued integrity. If those things were true of you, why would you be supporting recruitment of HS players in public schools? 

1 minute ago, Honest Abe said:

Buddy-Question for ya;

Did you participate in HS sports while you attended Lincoln? Memorial? (Not sure which HS you attended)

SFA. And yes. You?? Not sure what that has to do with Yates and HJ & crying about Yates "recruiting".... 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

SFA. And yes. You?? Not sure what that has to do with Yates and HJ & crying about Yates "recruiting".... 

I’m asking bc it usually helps having ‘been there’ and understanding the topic at hand. Did you ever attempt to recruit kids from PATJ or Lincoln to okay at SFA or vice versa?

And for the record, I earned 9 letters while playing 4 sports in HS at Nederland. 
I know for a FACT that I worked harder than anyone else at being the best I could be. So I understand putting in more ‘work’ in the gym as Mamba suggested. But no way was my team ever going to be HS opponent with 5 college players on it. 

Edited by Honest Abe

23 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

I’m asking bc it usually helps having ‘been there’ and understanding the topic at hand. Did you ever attempt to recruit kids from PATJ or Lincoln to okay at SFA or vice versa?

And for the record, I earned 9 letters while playing 4 sports in HS at Nederland. 

I understand the topic at hand, do you? Show me proof Yates recruiting. And when you find it the uil number is posted, your letters have absolutely nothing to do with this topic, no one cares. 😎

How about this.. unless moving in as a junior high student, ALL TRANSFERS sit one calendar year.  No matter the reason.  If it's because of education (which is apparently the case), then sitting a year in varsity sports won't have any affect on the schooling.

It's broken.  But nobody is offering a better solution.  You can't just punish one school.  What is a fair solution that will be a rule across the board?

Just now, oldschool2 said:

How about this.. unless moving in as a junior high student, ALL TRANSFERS sit one calendar year.  No matter the reason.  If it's because of education (which is apparently the case), then sitting a year in varsity sports won't have any affect on the schooling.

It's broken.  But nobody is offering a better solution.  You can't just punish one school.  What is a fair solution that will be a rule across the board?

I am good with that.

1 hour ago, Mamba said:

What are we teaching kids that the playing field should always be level or do we tell our kids that they need to get better in order to compete . That they need to put In the work ,get in the gym and work on your game . They don’t hand out participation trophies which is what some of you are looking for. GET IN THE GYM AND GET BETTER !!!! PERIOD!!!!! And coaches get better watch tons of film see how you can play multiple styles the game is evolving if you don’t evolve with you’ll get left behind. 

I don't agree with a lot of things you say on this board, but I agree 100% with this statement.

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I actually thought this rule was allready in place but either I was wrong or people are finding loop holes 

3 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I actually thought this rule was allready in place but either I was wrong or people are finding loop holes 

Not if they "move" into the school's attendance zone/district. In that case they only have to sit 15 days.  That's why bigger cities have a monopoly on this.. because it's so simple to change your permanent address via apartment complex.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Here is the article from Houston Chronicle giving a "not so friendly" side to Coach Davis comments:

This is the hidden content, please

I stopped at the top of the article when I saw who wrote it. Jerome Solomon is incapable of writing or saying anything that doesn't suit whatever it is he believes that day. I've heard him many times contradict himself on ESPN 97.5 in the same segment.