Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

What are we teaching kids that the playing field should always be level or do we tell our kids that they need to get better in order to compete . That they need to put In the work ,get in the gym and work on your game . They don’t hand out participation trophies which is what some of you are looking for. GET IN THE GYM AND GET BETTER !!!! PERIOD!!!!! And coaches get better watch tons of film see how you can play multiple styles the game is evolving if you don’t evolve with you’ll get left behind. 

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

With the scoring record Yates is putting up their defense may be the best kept secret in SETexas. It will take a back court with size to beat this club. There were opportunities over the top to beat their press last night it was just a long way over the top 😂

Agreed. Sometimes during the game they tried triple teaming, why i dont know. It was dumb in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Mamba said:

What are we teaching kids that the playing field should always be level or do we tell our kids that they need to get better in order to compete . That they need to put In the work ,get in the gym and work on your game . They don’t hand out participation trophies which is what some of you are looking for. GET IN THE GYM AND GET BETTER !!!! PERIOD!!!!! And coaches get better watch tons of film see how you can play multiple styles the game is evolving if you don’t evolve with you’ll get left behind. 

You will be hard pressed to find a group that spends more time in the gym than the kids at HJ. Last night was simply a contrast in numbers.The bigger the pool of players the better team you can put on the floor.The kids certainly have a right to play however if the schools have a choice of thousands of players they should compete in the highest classification.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It was in general, pipe down crybaby. Whining on here gets old really fast. 

Classic inability to carry on a debate. Detract from the topic, then attempt to belittle your opponent. One usually does this in a debate when one cannot defend his/her position. 
Thanks for helping me make my point...

12 minutes ago, Mamba said:

And what exactly would you tell the other teams in the Yates 4A district who lose by 60., 70, 80 points?? 
To work harder in the gym? Those other Houston ISD schools don’t have a chance to win district bc they are overmatched by an all-star team. Yates isn’t a HS b-ball team. 

1 hour ago, Mamba said:

I guess some can’t take a loss. You cry about the system that allows you to do the same thing . Quit getting on this board crying about kids transferring when it happens everywhere . Some get better players some don’t and when it doesn’t work to your advantage your crying a river . The entire UIL is made it up of well you guessed it . So how does that happen or are the kids there legit . All a coach can do is prepare his/her  team to play. Your job isn’t to worry about what the other team has going on but to give your kids the confidence to play the game at a high level. Oh and kids have to get better period !!!!!!

I understand what you are saying I remember when Silsbee had all the tools to win a state title some years ago before they won recently and a big time player from Kountze was set to join them well before the season started But the district and the uil stepped in immediately and shut that down in just saying if they can recruit with no problems then why can’t other schools do it without issues.

2 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Classic inability to carry on a debate. Detract from the topic, then attempt to belittle your opponent. One usually does this in a debate when one cannot defend his/her position. 
Thanks for helping me make my point...

Thing is i wasn't debating with anyone. It was informing crybabies. Big difference. Thanks for helping me make my point.....

2 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

And what exactly would you tell the other teams in the Yates 4A district who lose by 60., 70, 80 points?? 
To work harder in the gym? Those other Houston ISD schools don’t have a chance to win district bc they are overmatched by an all-star team. Yates isn’t a HS b-ball team. 

They would need to go to the gym, work harder, watch more films, and become 6'8" in large numbers.

Again did y’all have the same energy when your school was doing it to other schools In SETX. Y’all must have short term memory loss or something. I done talking about it because all you guys do is cry. The real travesty will come in a few weeks when some announcement are made and I’ll be back to give my thoughts on that subject !!! And I’m typing in all caps lol 

1 minute ago, Mamba said:

Again did y’all have the same energy when your school was doing it to other schools In SETX. Y’all must have short term memory loss or something. I done talking about it because all you guys do is cry. The real travesty will come in a few weeks when some announcement are made and I’ll be back to give my thoughts on that subject !!! And I’m typing in all caps lol 

Please site an instance that is local that is comparable to the Yates circumstance. 

41 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

You build a college program, and they will come, yes. The UIL is not intended to create ‘Dynasty’ or all-star teams (in any sport). 

Ok Buddy, try to understand how this works. I’ll go real slow for you....

You made a comment about your build a program, blah, blah, blah...’ 

I responded with a rebuttal (this is considered debating your statement). Are you with me so far? Good. 

Next, I would suggest maybe defending your statement. However, your response was  ‘crybaby...’  (This would be considered an attempt to undermine my rebuttal). You still with me? 

so, let’s try this again. 

Me:

Build it and they will come? That is what a college does. They build a program by recruiting HS kids to play for their school and compete against other similar schools. 

Ok, now it’s your turn:

Do you agree that colleges ‘build it’ by recruiting as I stated? Do you think HS teams should be able do the same? It sounds like it from your remarks. I just happen to disagree with said statement. 

See, no crying, just debating. 

This has been brought to you by;

Lesson 101 in debating. 

You’re welcome. 

HJ played good defense against a great team and almost stopped the 100 point streak. That would have been a great moral victory.

But to go on about recruiting after the loss is sour grapes. They played the Lions tough last year and not a peep about it. If you're so sure about this, go file a complaint with the UIL, which frowns on this.

The reporter should have pushed back on this comment. Where is your evidence? Otherwise, he's just letting the coach libel another coach. Bad job, Beaumont Enterprise. When there were veterans in the editor desks, this would have never happened.

HJ could have avoided this by hanging on last Friday. They lost to the better team and there's no shame in that. 

This was an opportunity to teach his kids sometimes your best isn't good enough but that it's no reason to be ashamed because they laid it all on the line. Clay Davis is wrong.

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

Please site an instance that is local that is comparable to the Yates circumstance. 

Coaches don’t recruit players ..Players recruit players . Like i said you may not have gotten the better players but you have gotten players that help you win nothing gets said about the SETX schools that have done it and won. 

3 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Ok Buddy, try to understand how this works. I’ll go real slow for you....

You made a comment about your build a program, blah, blah, blah...’ 

I responded with a rebuttal (this is considered debating your statement). Are you with me so far? Good. 

Next, I would suggest maybe defending your statement. However, your response was  ‘crybaby...’  (This would be considered an attempt to undermine my rebuttal). You still with me? 

so, let’s try this again. 

Me:

Build it and they will come? That is what a college does. They build a program by recruiting HS kids to play for their school and compete against other similar schools. 

Ok, now it’s your turn:

Do you agree that colleges ‘build it’ by recruiting as I stated? Do you think HS teams should be able do the same? It sounds like it from your remarks. I just happen to disagree with said statement. 

See, no crying, just debating. 

This has been brought to you by;

Lesson 101 in debating. 

You’re welcome. 

You being a crybaby again. You're welcome. The number to the uil is posted, i suggest you and others use it if you deem there is an issue. 

2 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Coaches don’t recruit players ..Players recruit players . Like i said you may not have gotten the better players but you have gotten players that help you win nothing gets said about the SETX schools that have done it and won. 

Hey @Honest Abe here ya go. 

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Happy for him but I bet had he known he would lose his senior year, he would have not transferred to Yates.

Taking your word, it obviously wasn't necessary for him to move to Yates to get exposure.

And, of course, he transferred not because anyone but other players told him he would be eligible ( because only other players recruit- please give me a break)

20 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I know exactly what you are talking about.

You actually thought he would get that accolade?