Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

I cant answer that just like you or they can't answer " would the results have been the same if the 4 seniors who suddenly showed up this year ( in a mysterious quest for a better education, of course) had not shown  up?

You know the answer to that....they would have just found more recruits....no way they were going against Dallas with the leftovers from last year..

I guess some can’t take a loss. You cry about the system that allows you to do the same thing . Quit getting on this board crying about kids transferring when it happens everywhere . Some get better players some don’t and when it doesn’t work to your advantage your crying a river . The entire UIL is made it up of well you guessed it . So how does that happen or are the kids there legit . All a coach can do is prepare his/her  team to play. Your job isn’t to worry about what the other team has going on but to give your kids the confidence to play the game at a high level. Oh and kids have to get better period !!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I guess some can’t take a loss. You cry about the system that allows you to do the same thing . Quit getting on this board crying about kids transferring when it happens everywhere . Some get better players some don’t and when it doesn’t work to your advantage your crying a river . The entire UIL is made it up of well you guessed it . So how does that happen or are the kids there legit . All a coach can do is prepare his/her  team to play. Your job isn’t to worry about what the other team has going on but to give your kids the confidence to play the game at a high level. Oh and kids have to get better period !!!!!!

Uh, what he said. 

40 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Good solution.    Everyone should conduct themselves in the same manner.  I find your remark about people crying on this board to be very interesting.  Is it your opinion that those who disagree or find fault in something should not be expressing themselves?   Why is it that I am going to guess that you are considerably less steadfast in your beliefs when it comes to other facets of life?

8 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

I'm sure those good ol' UIL folks are losing sleep over the disparity and fretting day and night about it.  Not doubt it will all be rectified in the very near future. 

In fact, I think I'll hold my breath till they do.   Excuse me for a moment.....   1...  2...  3....

It’s just finding it’s way to 4A.  That Plano East team from several years ago that won state was probably the best recruited team I’ve seen.  The metroplex state champ is always formed “by committee.”  Last year’s team was no exception.  AND the 4A champ (Dallas Family Faith or whatever) imported almost the whole team AND coaching staff.  Houston area is just playing catch up.  And it just goes on in a smaller scale down here.  But it does go on and has for years.  I could probably pull 20 examples off the top of my head but am not interested in doing that.  

AND if you guys are paying attention to politics, “choice of school” is a huge talking appoint that actually gets bipartisan support.   UiL might have this particular issue taken out of its lap eventually.  In other words, this has a decent chance of getting sanctioned by the government.  It just won’t be called recruiting. 

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wow. Lemme find that article.  Playing devils advocate, looking at it from Yates' end, Coach Davis' words can come off as a little 'salty' after a loss.

Salty or simply the truth? Does ANYONE deny that Yates recruits? This isn’t college basketball, it’s high school. The idea is to take the kids in your town and play against the kids in the next town to see who is better. The next level, college, is where you get the best talent from said schools and put them on the same team and then compete. Yates is basically a small college/JUCO team. 

Wouldn't nobody here be apologizing for these squads if their teams were the ones that had to deal with it.

Hypothetical Super team - 150

Beaumont United - 40

If that something like that happened every year, you know good and well feelings would change.

I applaud Coach Davis for speaking the truth after the game.

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

512-471-5883

Cry a river to the UIL folks, im sure they will answer. 

Cry a river? I’m not crying a river. I’m participating in a debate. You may want to sit back, read a few statements, and learn something instead of constantly undermining people on this board. It gets old really fast...

7 hours ago, Basketballfan1 said:

Still crazy to think yates could've even had one more transfer in doakes, who might've been the best player out of all the new transfers.

Exactly.

Doakes really had no chance of becoming eligible but the folk at Yates kept telling him otherwise. Kid ended up losing his senior year.

3 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Cry a river? I’m not crying a river. I’m participating in a debate. You may want to sit back, read a few statements, and learn something instead of constantly undermining people on this board. It gets old really fast...

It was in general, pipe down crybaby. Whining on here gets old really fast. 

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

AND if you guys are paying attention to politics, “choice of school” is a huge talking appoint that actually gets bipartisan support.   UiL might have this particular issue taken out of its lap eventually.  In other words, this has a decent chance of getting sanctioned by the government.  It just won’t be called recruiting. 

I think the political “choice of schools “ is directed at giving kids a better education. But hey I’m sure all the transfers to Yates had educational opportunities #1 on their list.

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

Yes sir. This club may not top that one but they will have to be close. 

That was the team with Young on it. That squad was a beast. I saw no flaws with them, i saw flaws with this squad last night. We'll see how they do going forward.