Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

HJ Head Coach have a discussion with the Yates Fans begins his bench, Tech on HJ

The " discussion" to which you refer involved some Yates fans mocking the coach embracing  his senior son who fouled out of his last game.  Very long journey for young man whose life was in doubt when he was born.

Last few paragraphs from Beaumont Enterprise article on tonight's game. Thought this was good:

Jaystan Davis was proud to represent Hardin-Jefferson and be coached by his father.

“It was special moment for sure,” Jaystan Davis said. “It’s been a good three years playing for him and we have had had our ups and downs, struggles and success. I have become so much mentally stronger as a player and being a coach’s kid. I have learned how to work well with others and be a great teammate. I’ll take that with me when I graduate and enter the real world.”

While Clay Davis was hugging his son, he exchanged words with a Yates fan in the crowd where he became emotional and told the crowd that he was hugging his son.

Hardin-Jefferson never led in the game. Yates’ up-tempo offense and press defense cause problems for the Hawks.

Austin Samaya led the Hawks with 20 points.

Preparing for the No. 1 team in Class 4A can be challenging.

“Probably have to go recruit some players,” said Clay Davis on preparing for Yates. “Unfortunately, the system is a little broken right now. There is holes in the system and they choose to take advantage of them. It is what it is, and it’s hard to prepare for. We will take the kids we have in our system that come up in our system. I wouldn’t trade any of our kids for anyone else.”

The Lions scored 100 points in their 20th straight game. Yates senior guard Rubin Jones knocked down the 3-pointer with 2:58 left in the fourth quarter that lifted the team over the 100-point mark as the crowd from Yates cheered on the Lions.

As the season comes to an end for the Hawks, its five seniors made a name for themselves within the program.

“The legacy that they will leave is that they represented Hardin-Jefferson basketball the way it should be represented. I’m so proud,” Clay Davis said. “Those are our kids, Hardin-Jefferson kids from Day 1. We don’t go out and recruit our players. The kids that we put on the floor are Hardin-Jefferson kids from our program.”

I think Coach Davis says it all. Kudos to him and his team.

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Last few paragraphs from Beaumont Enterprise article on tonight's game. Thought this was good:

Jaystan Davis was proud to represent Hardin-Jefferson and be coached by his father.

“It was special moment for sure,” Jaystan Davis said. “It’s been a good three years playing for him and we have had had our ups and downs, struggles and success. I have become so much mentally stronger as a player and being a coach’s kid. I have learned how to work well with others and be a great teammate. I’ll take that with me when I graduate and enter the real world.”

While Clay Davis was hugging his son, he exchanged words with a Yates fan in the crowd where he became emotional and told the crowd that he was hugging his son.

Hardin-Jefferson never led in the game. Yates’ up-tempo offense and press defense cause problems for the Hawks.

Austin Samaya led the Hawks with 20 points.

Preparing for the No. 1 team in Class 4A can be challenging.

“Probably have to go recruit some players,” said Clay Davis on preparing for Yates. “Unfortunately, the system is a little broken right now. There is holes in the system and they choose to take advantage of them. It is what it is, and it’s hard to prepare for. We will take the kids we have in our system that come up in our system. I wouldn’t trade any of our kids for anyone else.”

The Lions scored 100 points in their 20th straight game. Yates senior guard Rubin Jones knocked down the 3-pointer with 2:58 left in the fourth quarter that lifted the team over the 100-point mark as the crowd from Yates cheered on the Lions.

As the season comes to an end for the Hawks, its five seniors made a name for themselves within the program.

“The legacy that they will leave is that they represented Hardin-Jefferson basketball the way it should be represented. I’m so proud,” Clay Davis said. “Those are our kids, Hardin-Jefferson kids from Day 1. We don’t go out and recruit our players. The kids that we put on the floor are Hardin-Jefferson kids from our program.”

I think Coach Davis says it all. Kudos to him and his team.

Wow. Lemme find that article.  Playing devils advocate, looking at it from Yates' end, Coach Davis' words can come off as a little 'salty' after a loss.

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wow. Lemme find that article.  Playing devils advocate, looking at it from Yates' end, Coach Davis' words can come off as a little 'salty' after a loss.

Ok cool, now show me what he said after the loss last season in which they "almost" knocked  Yates off.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

More than likely no..  but they'll probably say would the salty words come a iut had you  pulled off the upset?

Lawd Geezus get a new keyboard man. Or turn that crapshoot option off and type yourself. Good grief, haven't you learned smartphones not smart??🤦🏾‍♂️