Jack Yates vs Hardin Jefferson

HJ played a tough game with Silsbee on Friday Evening, had to play a late game on Tues and know has to play again on Thursday at 6PM. HJ has 1 day to prepare for Yates and have to make that drive to Kingwood Park High School. Yates & HJ played at this same high school last year in the Area Round on a Thursday. This should be a good opportunity to see how Yates plays against a team with a winning record, considering Yates district was so weak this year. 

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I don't think the end result would be any different if the Hawks had a week to prepare for this game.

It's going to be a difficult game against a tall fast team that most people have Crayola'd in as state champs. 

Godspeed Hawks.

I haven’t crayola’d them in.  I’ve chipped it in granite.  It’s like already a memory.  Yates hasn’t scored less than 100 since the end of November.  But all that running and pressing and high scoring is just window dressing.  They could play modest ball control game and still run away with it.

You do have to play the games, like stepping on the bases after a home run.

Yates is gonna be a super tough task for HJ. I think if HJ can slow the game down, play solid D, limit turnovers, and have a really good shooting night or maybe get 1 or 2 of Yates top guys in foul trouble they have a chance to win. Basically a perfect game and a few mistakes from Yates lol. Good luck though HJ! 

Good Luck HJ. I am a Silsbee fan but I really like HJ this year. I think they are a much tougher match-up for Yates than Silsbee this year. If three of the Hawks are hitting from the outside and #22 and #23 are willing to maul the Lions on the inside they might surprise the Lions. I am really impressed with the play of Austin Samatha this year. Good Luck Hawks. I hope you win and then lose before we have to play you later in the tourney. 

18 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

I haven’t crayola’d them in.  I’ve chipped it in granite.  It’s like already a memory.  Yates hasn’t scored less than 100 since the end of November.  But all that running and pressing and high scoring is just window dressing.  They could play modest ball control game and still run away with it.

You do have to play the games, like stepping on the bases after a home run.

Watching Yates highlights has been a guilty pleasure every weekend.

Had HJ hung on Friday, we'd be writing Silsbee's obit and talking about the Hawks getting ready for Huntsville. They have a good enough team to be playing for the regional championship, they just got a bad draw.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Yates big men play against HJ big man. I remember HJ had a big man last year, hoping he is back this year. Yates didn’t have an opportunity to play against any true big men during district play. Yates will be playing for the win, but also attempting to extend their current streak (19) of scoring 100 points. Good luck HJ