Silsbee 68 Livingston 54/FINAL

WOSgrad

55 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Good game by your Lions tonight.  Length inside was tough.

Only lose one starter and one senior off the bench. It was an up and down year but it looks like they don't finally figured it out over the last couple of weeks and played to their advantage with their height. They're going to be a mainstay in the playoffs the next few years as our younger teams are dominating. We're on the upswing.

They will compete for a spot in the regional tournament these next few years.

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Only lose one starter and one senior off the bench. It was an up and down year but it looks like they don't finally figured it out over the last couple of weeks and played to their advantage with their height. They're going to be a mainstay in the playoffs the next few years as our younger teams are dominating. We're on the upswing.

They will compete for a spot in the regional tournament these next few years.

They better take advantage of that thenext year or two because when these underclass Tigers from this team are joined by those incoming freshmen next year,  the Tigers are going to roar again!!

49 minutes ago, ST413 said:

They better take advantage of that thenext year or two because when these underclass Tigers from this team are joined by those incoming freshmen next year,  the Tigers are going to roar again!!

LCM is going to be good in about a year. Their freshmen and Jr high group are solid. There's going to be a roar but it'll be coming from the Bears.

They're going to get a district title and run with it. 

Next two years will be fun, the best 4A district in the area is shifting west to I69. Losing HJ and HF is a blow to the depth but Orangefield will be a nice addition.

If y'all play Huffman Hargrave next week, I may venture out. It's a shame that game isn't a regional tournament game. If they both survive, it's a pick'em. The Falcons are a better version of HJ.

2 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

LCM is going to be good in about a year. Their freshmen and Jr high group are solid. There's going to be a roar but it'll be coming from the Bears.

They're going to get a district title and run with it. 

Next two years will be fun, the best 4A district in the area is shifting west to I69. Losing HJ and HF is a blow to the depth but Orangefield will be a nice addition.

If y'all play Huffman Hargrave next week, I may venture out. It's a shame that game isn't a regional tournament game. If they both survive, it's a pick'em. The Falcons are a better version of HJ.

Those LCM middle school cubs were on our MS schedule this year,  and I don’t know the score but I do know our MS 8 th grade went undefeated and I don’t think had any close games.  And if you didnt see it on the other thread they just won the Greater Houston area Championship this weekend going undefeated and beating two teams that were undefeated in the semis and finals.  The Lake Olympia MS team they beat in the final was out of that Missouri City fort bend school district.  They hadn’t lost a game in 2 years of middle school play....well until they met the Tigers!

20 hours ago, ST413 said:

Those LCM middle school cubs were on our MS schedule this year,  and I don’t know the score but I do know our MS 8 th grade went undefeated and I don’t think had any close games.  And if you didnt see it on the other thread they just won the Greater Houston area Championship this weekend going undefeated and beating two teams that were undefeated in the semis and finals.  The Lake Olympia MS team they beat in the final was out of that Missouri City fort bend school district.  They hadn’t lost a game in 2 years of middle school play....well until they met the Tigers!

LCM has two Jr high schools. All their kids don't play together until high school. So I wouldn't conclude that that's how it's going to be the next four years.

And their 14u youth team went to Nationals in South Carolina in 2019. LCM isnt worried about Silsbee.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:21 AM, ST413 said:

No but there is a Miller. And lots more.

I went to a Silsbee game last season when they played at the Woodlands.  It was in January and it was kinda cold that night.  I sat & talked with Chris Miller. I remember  listening to him on the radio when he played for TSU.  He told me about his son coming up.  If he plays like his dad he will be very good.  

We also talked about some of the other athletes in his family tree.  I think Reginald Garrett is his Uncle.  He played at Waldo Matthews and at SHS.  He Got two Super Bowl rings playing WR for the steel curtain era Pittsburgh Steelers.  Does anyone else from Silsbee have a Super Bowl ring?  I don't think so.  His older brother, whose first name I can't remember played some serious pt guard for Silsbee HS back in the late 60s early 70s.  I remember listening to his play on the radio as Silsbee made a run in the playoffs.  I wasn't happy to see him leave the game for the last time his sr year.  There is a lot of history, intelligence and athleticism in that Miller/Garrett bloodline.

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I went to a Silsbee game last season when they played at the Woodlands.  It was in January and it was kinda cold that night.  I sat & talked with Chris Miller. I remember  listening to him on the radio when he played for TSU.  He told me about his son coming up.  If he plays like his dad he will be very good.  

We also talked about some of the other athletes in his family tree.  I think Reginald Garrett is his Uncle.  He played at Waldo Matthews and at SHS.  He Got two Super Bowl rings playing WR for the steel curtain era Pittsburgh Steelers.  Does anyone else from Silsbee have a Super Bowl ring?  I don't think so.  His older brother, whose first name I can't remember played some serious pt guard for Silsbee HS back in the late 60s early 70s.  I remember listening to his play on the radio as Silsbee made a run in the playoffs.  I wasn't happy to see him leave the game for the last time his sr year.  There is a lot of history, intelligence and athleticism in that Miller/Garrett bloodline.

He maybe the only one. I know Buckley, Hunter, and Graham dont. 

15 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

LCM has two Jr high schools. All their kids don't play together until high school. So I wouldn't conclude that that's how it's going to be the next four years.

And their 14u youth team went to Nationals in South Carolina in 2019. LCM isnt worried about Silsbee.

Not sure which 14U team you are talking about.  If it is the OC Warriors, many of those kids are not from LCM district.  Some of the players are from LCM and are going to be very good, but many of those players are not.  

I did not think that their JH teams were very strong this year.  LCJH has one 8th grader that is really good with a good frame and potential.  Not much around him though.  OF 8th beat them by 30 or more and LCJH had already beaten Mauriceville.  Jeffcoat does a great job at developing his kids and I do believe that LCM is going to be good the next few years, but I can promise you that he is still worried about Silsbee.  

20 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Silsbee MS score vs LCM 

1/30/2020 - Little Cypress (Win) 67-14
2 /3/2020 - Mauriceville (Win) 71-8

22 minutes ago, Coach P said:

Silsbee MS score vs LCM 

1/30/2020 - Little Cypress (Win) 67-14
2 /3/2020 - Mauriceville (Win) 71-8

Yikes!

Notwithstanding that result, the past few years of AAU ball has been good.  LCM will be fine. District title within the next two years. I'm sticking with it .

I had a conversation with a tiger fan at the game and he was complaint about y'all being down.

Silsbee doesn't get to complain about being down  when it's had all this success in the 2010. Being down is struggling for a decade.

Y'all should be proud of the program and the pictures, trophies and banner in your gym are awesome. But complaining about being down should never be in your vocabulary.