Silsbee vs Livingston

BADSANTA

The Lions are tall and long. If they remember this, they can make this interesting as they have been a good defensive team.

The downfall is shooting, there are too many times they go through 4-5 minute scoring droughts.

They would have to play the perfect game to win. Crazier things have happened. It'll be fun.

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lost to Yates in 3rd round in 2013 and 2014

2012-2013 Boys Basketball 3A

Yates beat Silsbee in the Regional Quarterfinals  (3rd round) 100-85. Yates W23 & Silsbee W21 received Bi-District BYE. Silsbee beat Kashmere 98-82, Yates beat Sour Lake 119-91. 

2013-2014 Boys Basketball 3A

Yates beat Silsbee in the Regional Quarterfinals (3rd Round) 93-78. Yates W23 & Silsbee R21. Silsbee beat Splendora 90-57 & Houston Worthing 88-62.

You are both correct

15 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Yeah I was there and we lost to Yates the next round in 2012 or 13.

Yeap I was there also

2012-2013 Boys Basketball 3A

Yates beat Silsbee in the Regional Quarterfinals  (3rd round) 100-85. Yates W23 & Silsbee W21 received Bi-District BYE. Silsbee beat Kashmere 98-82, Yates beat Sour Lake 119-91. 

1 hour ago, trojans2012 said:

yea they have new school and gym it's a nice one

Something we need too as well as that sorry football field of ours... You would think they would do that since they're adding on to the high school but then again Coldspring always had a low budget to work with in the first place

On 2/23/2020 at 11:19 AM, Tigers94 said:

Yeah....I remember them having a big post player that used to give Silsbee fits. I think Ernest was his name, not 100 percent sure. Also had a kid that looked like Vince Carter in the dunk contest when they played us.

Anyways, I'm glad Silsbee will be playing this modern version of Livingston. Still don't want them to look past anyone.

Ernest Jackson was the post player.  Kevin Davis was the dunker you are thinking of.  The mid 80's into the early 90's was good for Livingston basketball.  Btw, Silsbee had a good post player then as well.  I think his name was Richard, can't remember his last name.  Those were some great games between those two.

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Ernest Jackson was the post player.  Kevin Davis was the dunker you are thinking of.  The mid 80's into the early 90's was good for Livingston basketball.  Btw, Silsbee had a good post player then as well.  I think his name was Richard, can't remember his last name.  Those were some great games between those two.

Richard Butta aka Booty Butt along with Chris Martin sr, and Tyrus Elam aka midrange jumper. His is the dad of former Tiger Mr Midrange jump shot Chris Elam.