Little Cypress-Mauriceville 39 Hamshire-Fannett 61/FINAL

WOSgrad

HF 61, LCM 39.  Bears led by Jesse Doucette with 17 and Jackson Smith 13.  Definitely not how we wanted or anticipated this game going, but hats off to Hamshire Fannett.  You won't ever hear any excuses here.  Thanks to our players (especially the seniors), parents, and fans for their unconditional support and we're already looking forward to next year.  The future is bright.

7 hours ago, Double_Dribble said:

Congratulations Coach Rideaux!!!  You made a big impact in Lumberton last year and this year you led your own team to a playoff spot. I hope they recognize you with coach of the year.  

I posted when HF got him that they’d see a big improvement.  My G’son played for him in Ltown last year and thought the world of him.   So happy for him and the whole community.

Btw, has anyone noticed an increase in HF crowd support from previous years?

14 hours ago, Hagar said:

I posted when HF got him that they’d see a big improvement.  My G’son played for him in Ltown last year and thought the world of him.   So happy for him and the whole community.

Btw, has anyone noticed an increase in HF crowd support from previous years?

I have never seen HF get crowds like this. 

I have to say I don't agree with his methods of bringing players in from other communities, but Coach Rideaux has done a good job with them.  I don't think they great x and o wise, but his players know their roles.  I keep hearing he will leave after this year and we will see what happens with all the transfers.  Also, HF community deserves a new gym.  It hasn't been full in a long time, but when it only holds 500 it'll get crowded quick.

10 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

I have to say I don't agree with his methods of bringing players in from other communities, but Coach Rideaux has done a good job with them.  I don't think they great x and o wise, but his players know their roles.  I keep hearing he will leave after this year and we will see what happens with all the transfers.  Also, HF community deserves a new gym.  It hasn't been full in a long time, but when it only holds 500 it'll get crowded quick.

I don’t think there’s any doubt what would happen to the transfers . I gotta agree about the gym, you have to look at both scoreboards on every possession to keep up with the score. 

4 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I think those transfers had half of HF  points , those 2 guys have helped a ton!!! 

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

I don’t think there’s any doubt what would happen to the transfers . I gotta agree about the gym, you have to look at both scoreboards on every possession to keep up with the score. 

what kills me about people like you who just talk about what you dont know. Why hasnt there been not one mention of HJ and its "recruits" over the years including this year?  The best player on the team "#5" went to a charter school in beaumont last year and all of a sudden hes starting at HJ and will be first team all district.  But no one talks about this?? i wonder why? could it be race? Also Hf's "transfer's' actually live in their school district.  some of you people are just sad.  

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

what will happen with the transfers.  you know the transfers who had never played varsity basketball before this year?  Im assuming u are implying that they would leave HF to go to BU and be on JV again?  lmao yall say the darndest things. 

21 minutes ago, idiotproof1981 said:

what kills me about people like you who just talk about what you dont know. Why hasnt there been not one mention of HJ and its "recruits" over the years including this year?  The best player on the team "#5" went to a charter school in beaumont last year and all of a sudden hes starting at HJ and will be first team all district.  But no one talks about this?? i wonder why? could it be race? Also Hf's "transfer's' actually live in their school district.  some of you people are just sad.  

We can't cry race every time someone has an opinion we don't like...and #5 at HJ is a black kid.  Doesn't matter.  The old "they do it too" defense isn't worth much either.  He brought four kids over with him.  Two are players, one is on JV (why?), and I think another is hurt.  What happens next year when the Ardoin kid from PA shows up?  And a couple more from Bmt?  HF gonna field a whole team of transfers and completely abandon all our local kids?  This guy will do whatever he can to get an advantage and the first chance that guy gets he'll jump ship and leave HF right back where it was.  And then who is going to bring the Beaumont kids to school?

33 minutes ago, idiotproof1981 said:

Not sure what this rant is about? What in the world could anything said about a transfer have to with race? I don’t know right off hand who #5 is but I do know an all district team hasn’t been chosen. What would you think would happen to a transfer if a coach they wanted to play for left? If the DC doesn’t have a problem with the transfers I certainly don’t have one, I also wouldn’t expect them to stay if the coach left. That’s just my opinion, that and 50 cents will get me a cup of coffee. 

1 hour ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

We can't cry race every time someone has an opinion we don't like...and #5 at HJ is a black kid.  Doesn't matter.  The old "they do it too" defense isn't worth much either.  He brought four kids over with him.  Two are players, one is on JV (why?), and I think another is hurt.  What happens next year when the Ardoin kid from PA shows up?  And a couple more from Bmt?  HF gonna field a whole team of transfers and completely abandon all our local kids?  This guy will do whatever he can to get an advantage and the first chance that guy gets he'll jump ship and leave HF right back where it was.  And then who is going to bring the Beaumont kids to school?

Im pretty sure u don’t know “this guy” saying he will do anything to win. U are the prototypical talking head. Yes race is involved Davis is white Rideaux is black Yet no one speaks on how kids come to HJ and play. U do know it’s a parents decision to bring a kid over. But y’all will praise Davis for winning and say Rideaux wins because of recruits it’s sad 

Racism looks real good on you keep it up it will get you a long way buddy

And u say “our local kids” I’m assuming u are one of the people in the stands that smile in the coach’s face and hide on this message board. 

Wellllllll let me get the last word in before they lock the thread because that’s what the moderators are good at  So your telling me all this hoopla about some jv players whipping up on kids who have varsity experience sounds really sad to me. Kids who never played varsity and would’ve been on jv at whatever school they attended this year . Cry me a river and get over it . UIL and DC found them to be in compliance so what’s the excuse now. Technically ppl move for all kinds of reasons so don’t assume these kids moved for basketball to a school with a losing history . Again Get over it and move on . Like what was said earlier HJ,Silsbee,EC, Nederland all get kids who have moved into the district regardless of family ties or whatever and y’all keep quiet about that. Doesn’t take away the face Coach Rideau has them playing outside of themselves. Grown men haters go find hobby please and quit whining on a message boards about kids. 

2 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Wellllllll let me get the last word in before they lock the thread because that’s what the moderators are good at  So your telling me all this hoopla about some jv players whipping up on kids who have varsity experience sounds really sad to me. Kids who never played varsity and would’ve been on jv at whatever school they attended this year . Cry me a river and get over it . UIL and DC found them to be in compliance so what’s the excuse now. Technically ppl move for all kinds of reasons so don’t assume these kids moved for basketball to a school with a losing history . Again Get over it and move on . Like what was said earlier HJ,Silsbee,EC, Nederland all get kids who have moved into the district regardless of family ties or whatever and y’all keep quiet about that. Doesn’t take away the face Coach Rideau has them playing outside of themselves. Grown men haters go find hobby please and quit whining on a message boards about kids. 

Mamba, you have said all that needs to be said on this issue. Time for folks to move on.

3 hours ago, idiotproof1981 said:

Racism looks real good on you keep it up it will get you a long way buddy

Well my dad is black.  My mom is black.  My wife is black and even my kids are black.  This is why I said "we" can't cry racism every time someone doesn't agree with our opinion.  Try to keep up.

The two kids that came over can really play and seem to be good kids.  They somehow got cleared for eligibility, but everyone knows they were recruited to come over and should not be eligible.  They got cleared and I need to let it go, but it is difficult when you guys keep promoting your friend/yourself as a coaching guru when all his/your success is on the shoulders of illegal transfers.  At the expense of the "local" Hamshire Fannett kids.  When coach learns more offense than the spread stall or iso with the point guard maybe I'll be impressed.

This will be the last I post on this topic and I should have stopped long ago.  My advice to Coach Rideau is to follow the rules before it catches up to you.  My advice to you would be to be a lot more cautious with that accusation, as it is both divisive and dangerous.

2 hours ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Well my dad is black.  My mom is black.  My wife is black and even my kids are black.  This is why I said "we" can't cry racism every time someone doesn't agree with our opinion.  Try to keep up.

The two kids that came over can really play and seem to be good kids.  They somehow got cleared for eligibility, but everyone knows they were recruited to come over and should not be eligible.  They got cleared and I need to let it go, but it is difficult when you guys keep promoting your friend/yourself as a coaching guru when all his/your success is on the shoulders of illegal transfers.  At the expense of the "local" Hamshire Fannett kids.  When coach learns more offense than the spread stall or iso with the point guard maybe I'll be impressed.

This will be the last I post on this topic and I should have stopped long ago.  My advice to Coach Rideau is to follow the rules before it catches up to you.  My advice to you would be to be a lot more cautious with that accusation, as it is both divisive and dangerous.

My advice to u is stop talking about what u don’t know, Because you and ”everyone else”are are ignorant. Both of those kids live In the district. You are a sad person that would speak falsely about kids. And trust me Coach Rideaux is doing just fine and didn’t have to recruit one kid. If you call kids living in the district attending school In their district then u need to find another hobby aside from being bitter and a hater. I’ll be sure to let him know that his haters are still at work spewing lies to act as if they have inside information.