Nederland 46 Port Arthur Memorial 43/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I assume Hefner had his fingerprints all over this game?

You might wanna read up on this game. 

Per I.C. Murrell:

District 21-5A boys basketball
@NederlandHoops 46
@PAMemorialBB 43
Nederland is 25-9, 10-1; Memorial is 28-6, 11-1
Nederland has one district game remaining. 

This is the hidden content, please

The surprising thing in the article is that 49-3 record since entering that district, that's crazy. 

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So, 6 points were scored by him, but a huge shooting night from another kid which lead the team in scoring was needed for the huge upset?  Did I read that correctly?

Gipson got hot from 3 at the right time too. If Ned gonna do something productive in the playoffs him and their big man might have to take the reigns and step up. 

Memorial always does a great job defending Hefner with several players and lots of trapping and double teams. It probably led to open threes for Gipson and some really good looks for other players. I know yalls agenda here, but I promise he had plenty to do with the win. With that being said, y’all are constantly on Hefner’s ass... how do y’all give Clover a free pass?

3 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Memorial always does a great job defending Hefner with several players and lots of trapping and double teams. It probably led to open threes for Gipson and some really good looks for other players. I know yalls agenda here, but I promise he had plenty to do with the win. With that being said, y’all are constantly on Hefner’s ass... how do y’all give Clover a free pass?

That's exactly what happened and they left 21 wide open and he made us pay for it. As for Nate, he got 3 fouls early and a 4th early in the 3rd qtr. Not to take from Nederland big win, but those three refs were complete GARBAGE. They missed TONS of calls on both sides. Saw a Nederland player literally hugging a PAM player with no call. On the other end saw PAM players get away with some things as well. 

2 minutes ago, jake94 said:

My initial inquiry was that he had his fingerprints all over this game.  Evidently, he did.  Then it was brought to my attention how many points he dropped.  What do you mean what I'm trying to do?  I'm definitly not on the kid's arse...

4 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Casual observation.  No one ever compared Clover to the second coming of J'Covan Brown.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

On 2/15/2020 at 9:24 AM, jake94 said:

Hey Jake94  only someone who lacks sound basketball judgment would say something stupid about Hefner and how he plays. The causal fan will only look for stats as an effect on the game but the game is played is many different facets. Hefner is essentially the pg for Nederland he’s extremely unselfish and his iq is really good, he understands unlike others. What he does for Nederland doesn’t show up in the box score but if you watch the game then you’d know. The comparison to Colton was unfair because Colton was a monster but of course Hefner has a different mindset compared to CW. Hefner will be a better college player because of his upside,jmo. Now as for Clover I don’t know a lot of coaches who teach post play anymore because the game is for guards, stop thinking because Clover is big he’s suppose to dominate his effect on the game at this point is defensively .The way these officials officiate is terrible big kids get hacked constantly so when he gets the ball yes he’s timid the refs not gonna call it and if he plays physical their gonna penalize him . Bigs today are becoming extinct which is why you see them camped out around the 3pt line .Yes he should get some easy layups,dunks and knock down the ft line jumper but his stats should read 12p,8r,4b,3a if he can do that Memorial should be fine. Some folks need to stop looking for stats and watch the game thoroughly but then again everybody don’t know what too look for either !!!!

11 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Hey Jake94  only someone who lacks sound basketball judgment would say something stupid about Hefner and how he plays. The causal fan will only look for stats as an effect on the game but the game is played is many different facets. Hefner is essentially the pg for Nederland he’s extremely unselfish and his iq is really good, he understands unlike others. What he does for Nederland doesn’t show up in the box score but if you watch the game then you’d know. The comparison to Colton was unfair because Colton was a monster but of course Hefner has a different mindset compared to CW. Hefner will be a better college player because of his upside,jmo. Now as for Clover I don’t know a lot of coaches who teach post play anymore because the game is for guards, stop thinking because Clover is big he’s suppose to dominate his effect on the game at this point is defensively .The way these officials officiate is terrible big kids get hacked constantly so when he gets the ball yes he’s timid the refs not gonna call it and if he plays physical their gonna penalize him . Bigs today are becoming extinct which is why you see them camped out around the 3pt line .Yes he should get some easy layups,dunks and knock down the ft line jumper but his stats should read 12p,8r,4b,3a if he can do that Memorial should be fine. Some folks need to stop looking for stats and watch the game thoroughly but then again everybody don’t know what too look for either !!!!

Excellent post Mamba. What I put in bold pretty much sums up how the "Hefner haters" think or don't know about his game and the game itself.

2 hours ago, Mamba said:

I was actually defending Hefner. He is playing point guard for Ned which isn’t what he will play in college. I’m one of his biggest fans and he has a lot of haters in here. He is extremely unselfish and a great player. I am anxious to see how he does in college when he isn’t the focal point that other teams try to game plan their D against.

1 hour ago, jake94 said:

I was actually defending Hefner. He is playing point guard for Ned which isn’t what he will play in college. I’m one of his biggest fans and he has a lot of haters in here. He is extremely unselfish and a great player. I am anxious to see how he does in college when he isn’t the focal point that other teams try to game plan their D against.

Jake I was agreeing with you lol.

I honestly think most of the people that post negative things about Hefner are old schoolers. I’m a old schooler myself and back in the 90’s when you had a big D1 recruit on a team they dominated the game. They would score 30 plus a game no mater if they were doubled teamed or not. They stuck out like a sore thumb but times have changed. You look at the total makeup of Hefner and he has all the intangibles to become a big time player. He has a lot of things going for him that you can’t teach but he also has a lot of improving to do on the offensive end. He missed several layups, jumpers and free throws that he will have to learn to make if he’s going to have a successful college career which he’s capable of doing but he’s not there at this point. The bright side is he will have at least 4 more years to improve.