Hamshire-Fannett 40 Hardin-Jefferson 39/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

HJ coach choked in the big game tonight 

🙄 were you there?  I won’t get too disrespectful but I honestly doubt there’s a 4A district in the state with better coaches from top to bottom than this one.  There’s more than one that, IMO, would have more hardware if they coached 100 miles or so away than the current coach there because they are capable of making in-game adjustments and altering game plans based on the opponent.   HJ’s coach is one of them. 

29 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Is HF in playoffs now, or do they need another Win & help?

LCM travels to HF on Tuesday and the winner of that game is in the playoffs, I believe. 

And let me say for the record that as good of a coach as Rideaux is, he may be a better teacher in my book. He's old school and has kids put phones away and actually use the physical copy of their book. No Google or social media. Just in your face, challenging, confrontational discussions about real world, controversial topics. And he's not afraid to hurt a student's feelings if it will help prepare them better.  I hope HF knows how good of a teacher they gained in addition to a good basketball coach. Not many of those kids will earn a living in basketball. He prepares kids for life. In a world where we need good liberals for good honest debate with us conservatives, Rideaux is a breath of fresh air. 

26 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

LCM travels to HF on Tuesday and the winner of that game is in the playoffs, I believe. 

And let me say for the record that as good of a coach as Rideaux is, he may be a better teacher in my book. He's old school and has kids put phones away and actually use the physical copy of their book. No Google or social media. Just in your face, challenging, confrontational discussions about real world, controversial topics. And he's not afraid to hurt a student's feelings if it will help prepare them better.  I hope HF knows how good of a teacher they gained in addition to a good basketball coach. Not many of those kids will earn a living in basketball. He prepares kids for life. In a world where we need good liberals for good honest debate with us conservatives, Rideaux is a breath of fresh air. 

Great, great post.  All very true.  I’ve seen him engage students on different topics (history in particular) on summer road trips.  Yes, in the summer.  And actually get kids interested in educational topics unrelated to basketball.  He’s really something special who will have an impact on many kids that can last a lifetime. 

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

🙄 were you there?  I won’t get too disrespectful but I honestly doubt there’s a 4A district in the state with better coaches from top to bottom than this one.  There’s more than one that, IMO, would have more hardware if they coached 100 miles or so away than the current coach there because they are capable of making in-game adjustments and altering game plans based on the opponent.   HJ’s coach is one of them. 

TxHoops no disrespect to the coach at HJ but to have an opportunity to win district and not face Yates in the Area Round of the playoffs and you score only 39 points against an opponent with a losing record in district play. HJ and HF were both coming off Big Wins over Silsbee, so both teams were playing good ball.

Where was the half time adjustments or changing the original game plan??? How many points did HJ score in the first half ??? considering they finished with only 39???