Silsbee 75 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 60/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 minutes ago, ST413 said:

They would have attempted but if they shot like they did in Sour Lake Tuesday they wouldn’t have made any!!!

IF they took that many shots, they  would not have shot like they shot in the prior game.  If a player only takes a couple shots in a game, it is very difficult to get the right feel.

15 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Why not Kountze? It’s between the two towns . Within 15 minutes of each and a great gym. West Brook is a borderline dump. 

I have seen the comments against the WB gym and I definitely agree not a place I would want to see a seeding game.  But I thought I read that they had redone their gym.  It’s still no good?? 

6 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have seen the comments against the WB gym and I definitely agree not a place I would want to see a seeding game.  But I thought I read that they had redone their gym.  It’s still no good?? 

No more rubber floor but the seating is still the same. Just not a good venue.

It seems awhile ago but it was last season.  I had Silsbee vs WB marked as a game I could possibly make it to.  I mapped it out on the laptop, set the gps but still got turned around in the neighborhood just North of the WB campus.

Anyway I found the gym.  That was my first time at WB, all these years.  The gym seemed okay to me but I attend a handful of games a year. What do I know. 

I remember one play. The score was tight.  Devon had the ball at the top of the key and this big post for WB was guarding him one on one.  From the vantage pt. I Was at you could look down on the play really good, just back of the North backboard.   Silsbee fans were yelling 'take him Devon, take him".   The WB post was kind of slow and Devon got off a right hand lay up that bounced around and went in. 

That is my memory of the WB gym.