Next Year

no-look

14 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

They already live there. They were just playing at other schools because HF basketball program was subpar. That's what happens when you actually get a real coach. Players will stay home

Are you saying that those that you mentioned who "already lived there" have been Hamshire residents for a long time?(as in several years)  I strongly suspect the tax rolls, historical school attendance records and county records will say otherwise.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Are you saying that those that you mentioned who "already lived there" have been Hamshire residents for a long time?(as in several years)  I strongly suspect the tax rolls, historical school attendance records and county records will say otherwise.

Why do you or anyone else care how long their families have lived there? These are kids perusing a college education using a talent very few have. I don't understand why adults put so much energy in trying to keep children from that just so their area high school can win a game. If a school brings in a great coach, players will come. There's a reason why HJ and Silsbee have great programs. They've always had good coaches which attracted players. Both have players that weren't from their school district, but moved there because the opportunity in the classroom and on the court was better. Ardoin from Tekoa went to HF elementary school before and his family has had a five acre family compound in checks for over 12 years so when folks decide to challenge his move, they will look very stupid. 

59 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Why do you or anyone else care how long their families have lived there? These are kids perusing a college education using a talent very few have. I don't understand why adults put so much energy in trying to keep children from that just so their area high school can win a game. If a school brings in a great coach, players will come. There's a reason why HJ and Silsbee have great programs. They've always had good coaches which attracted players. Both have players that weren't from their school district, but moved there because the opportunity in the classroom and on the court was better. Ardoin from Tekoa went to HF elementary school before and his family has had a five acre family compound in checks for over 12 years so when folks decide to challenge his move, they will look very stupid. 

HJ has one player who did not begin his 4 year varsity player at HJ.   How will that apply to HF next season, or for that matter, this season.  As for kids pursuing ( not perusing) a college education, the k-12 education system was not intended to become a road to a college basketball scholarship.  You know what the intent and the spirit of the guidelines are.    Do you think HF is adhering ( that means following) to them?  There is also a rule on this board that an individual can have only one board identity.  Do you think everyone is following that rule?

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

HJ has one player who did not begin his 4 year varsity player at HJ.   How will that apply to HF next season, or for that matter, this season.  As for kids pursuing ( not perusing) a college education, the k-12 education system was not intended to become a road to a college basketball scholarship.  You know what the intent and the spirit of the guidelines are.    Do you think HF is adhering ( that means following) to them?  There is also a rule on this board that an individual can have only one board identity.  Do you think everyone is following that rule?

HJ has had many players over the years transfer in as well as other schools across this area that have specific success in areas of sports, education, and STEM programs. A student deciding to attend the school they are zoned for rather then leaving is now somehow a problem? Or a student seeking a better academic atmosphere by transferring into a school that has that history is now seen as a evil or a crime. These are just kids looking to make their lives better and have access to better opportunities.  As far as HF following rules? Apparently they are because they were cleared to play. As far as I know, there are only 2 new guys on varsity and 1 on JV that wasn't there last year out of 25-30 kids in the program. Both JV and Varsity had success this year. So it looks like all they needed was some real basketball coaches to choose to come to HF. It started last season with Coach Pace ( who's now at the MS) and now with Coach Rideaux. Two coaches with great knowledge that will grow that program from the ground up. So what if a few players choose to transfer in. It happens at every school every year for a lot of different reasons.

3 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HJ has had many players over the years transfer in as well as other schools across this area that have specific success in areas of sports, education, and STEM programs. A student deciding to attend the school they are zoned for rather then leaving is now somehow a problem? Or a student seeking a better academic atmosphere by transferring into a school that has that history is now seen as a evil or a crime. These are just kids looking to make their lives better and have access to better opportunities.  As far as HF following rules? Apparently they are because they were cleared to play. As far as I know, there are only 2 new guys on varsity and 1 on JV that wasn't there last year out of 25-30 kids in the program. Both JV and Varsity had success this year. So it looks like all they needed was some real basketball coaches to choose to come to HF. It started last season with Coach Pace ( who's now at the MS) and now with Coach Rideaux. Two coaches with great knowledge that will grow that program from the ground up. So what if a few players choose to transfer in. It happens at every school every year for a lot of different reasons.

You need to try selling that to someone who will buy it.

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

You need to try selling that to someone who will buy it.

Don't matter whether you buy it or not, it's not your decision and your opinion doesn't trump the truth so 🤷‍♂️. HF will continue to get better and attract new students while retaining those who traditionally leave. The same as any other school in this area.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

As in our coverage area on this site? That's about a 105 school coverage.

That's a pretty bold statement saying HF would have the best backcourt in our coverage area next year.

Only a handful are actual basketball schools though. Most are football and baseball. So that 105 is really only 10-15. 

18 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Lol, ok. Apparently you dont know basketball that well. HF will sweep HJ next year and it will be hilarious when it happens. As far as coaching goes? Funny how the "best backcourt" got beat in HF and barely escaped them at home. HJ had more experienced players, that won't be the case next year. Also Bush is a pure scorer who gets buckets. Ardoin is a two way player that stands well over 6ft, scores and rebounds. I'm sure Coach Rideaux will enjoy having a player that can play multiple positions as well as defend them. 

If they hilariously sweep HJ, will they do the same to Huffman?  Will they go undefeated in the district?   ( Just an FYI- the individual who you accused of not knowing basketball, has forgotten more than you know).

38 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Coach Pace? As in Matt Pace who was the head coach last season? Is that who you are referring to?

26 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Only a handful are actual basketball schools though. Most are football and baseball. So that 105 is really only 10-15. 

Since when has HF established themselves as a "basketball" school?

One year, placing 4th in district does not do that for a school.

BTW, even if we are only considering 10-15 "basketball" schools, I believe there are some that will be better in the backcourt than HF.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Since when has HF established themselves as a "basketball" school?

One year, placing 4th in district does not do that for a school.

BTW, even if we are only considering 10-15 "basketball" schools, I believe there are some that will be better in the backcourt than HF.

SMH, ok let's just end the conversation because apparently credit being due for the job that was done there isn't in your vocabulary. Also I specifically was talking about a backcourt on a team being among the top next year and you keep bringing up this year which is the first year of the turnaround. It's not like it's a team full of seniors and the fact that they actually beat the top two teams in their district and played them tough in the other meetings tells the tale of what's to come. I understand folks get caught up living their lives through children and some how feel threatened when something new challenges the norm, but to say that HF isn't going to compete next year in that district for the title is pretty silly and bias. Have you seen the new district? 

4 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

SMH, ok let's just end the conversation because apparently credit being due for the job that was done there isn't in your vocabulary. Also I specifically was talking about a backcourt on a team being among the top next year and you keep bringing up this year which is the first year of the turnaround. It's not like it's a team full of seniors and the fact that they actually beat the top two teams in their district and played them tough in the other meetings tells the tale of what's to come. I understand folks get caught up living their lives through children and some how feel threatened when something new challenges the norm, but to say that HF isn't going to compete next year in that district for the title is pretty silly and bias. Have you seen the new district? 

Since they beat the top two teams in the district, why did they finish fourth?

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If they hilariously sweep HJ, will they do the same to Huffman?  Will they go undefeated in the district?   ( Just an FYI- the individual who you accused of not knowing basketball, has forgotten more than you know).

FYI, I dont care what anyone knows as things change with any sport and no one knows everything. I was told by a great elder, the day you think you know everything is the day you ask for the Lord to take you home.  Anyways, I see them sweeping Huffman and having the talent to sweep HJ. The most logical outcome would be a split with HJ again, but they will have the talent to sweep them as will HJ vice versa to them.

10 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Silsbee beat HF the first time by 20+

What about Coach Pace at middle school?

I haven't kept bringing up this year. And you didn't state "being among the top". You said the best.

Just now, stevenash said:

Since they beat the top two teams in the district, why did they finish fourth?

Youth and inexperience. Mental toughness and belief is a big part of winning. Being that HJ and Silsbee are traditionally great teams, I pretty sure that was on the minds of those players. Many if which was there last year and got their heads beat in. But after playing them close at their place, the belief in beating them becomes greater. They beat every team that they lost to except Lumberton the second time around. That's a testament to coaching and young players buying into their talent and abilities. Next year they will go into the season with that belief already there plus a full offseason. 

2 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Youth and inexperience. Mental toughness and belief is a big part of winning. Being that HJ and Silsbee are traditionally great teams, I pretty sure that was on the minds of those players. Many if which was there last year and got their heads beat in. But after playing them close at their place, the belief in beating them becomes greater. They beat every team that they lost to except Lumberton the second time around. That's a testament to coaching and young players buying into their talent and abilities. Next year they will go into the season with that belief already there plus a full offseason. 

Or it could have been that Silsbee took them lightly after beating them at HF by 20+.

Again, what about Coach Pace?

11 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

FYI, I dont care what anyone knows as things change with any sport and no one knows everything. I was told by a great elder, the day you think you know everything is the day you ask for the Lord to take you home.  Anyways, I see them sweeping Huffman and having the talent to sweep HJ. The most logical outcome would be a split with HJ again, but they will have the talent to sweep them as will HJ vice versa to them.

You already stated that HF will hilariously sweep HJ next season.  I also wish to remind you that the HF victory at HF against HJ was with HJ playing minus a starter ( and a very good one at that) and their post player not playing the last three minutes.  In spite of that, it took a put back rebound very close to the buzzer to get the win.   Winning by one at home at the last second with the other team missing two starters at crunch time is somewhat less than convincing.

Just now, stevenash said:

You already stated that HF will hilariously sweep HJ next season.  I also wish to remind you that the HF victory at HF against HJ was with HJ playing minus a starter ( and a very good one at that) and their post player not playing the last three minutes.  In spite of that, it took a put back rebound very close to the buzzer to get the win.   Winning by one at home at the last second with the other team missing two starters at crunch time is somewhat less than convincing.

If you're that much better then someone, then you should be able to beat them under those conditions. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Cardinal 1 said:

What about him? He was there last year and from what I saw is still in the district. Not sure what you are asking? 

So, you are saying that Coach Pace is at HF Middle school, correct?

Would you say you are very "in tune" to Hamshire-Fannett basketball?

6 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

If you're that much better then someone, then you should be able to beat them under those conditions. 🤷‍♂️

Celtics lost to rockets by one last night.    If Kemba Walker had played, would it have made a difference?  And, it would seem to me that finishing first versus fourth is a good reflection of how much better someone is than someone else