Next Year

no-look

Just now, Cardinal 1 said:

Why would he leave? His core group are sophomores. Also those kids live in the district so they would be there regardless. I think winning is more important then money for this coach. 

Coaches leave all the time for bigger opportunities and more money. Does he have a family? If so, money is a priority to provide for them. Big schools don’t come knocking everyday. Some coaches choose to stay in certain situations, and those opportunities may not come along again. I understand that he has a core group coming back and that is normally a recipe for success, but what if the AD leaves, which happens at HF often and the new AD has universal off season, which has happened. Things can change quickly, especially at a small school. By the way, someone in this board mentioned him going to a school further down I-10 a couple of weeks ago. This was a supporter of his as well.

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I saw that game, he wasn't impressive at all when pressure applied. Most shooters are zone defense players and can't handle man to man. HF will have the best player in the district hands down next year, if not 2 or 3. They have a JV player that I believe will average a double double next year. Their PG will be probably be one of the tops in the district and they have a kid coming that is one of the best in the state.  He's been at a charter school the past few years due to his dad being the coach there. His family lives in Cheeks

I have watched the kid from Huffman for years and there’s 2 things I can almost guarantee, he won’t have many 4 point nights and his coach, who is one of the best in the area, will have something put in to get him some looks. 

Once again you speak of HF having the best players in the district next year. If this is true they aren’t on campus yet. I think HF makes the playoffs next year in the new district but I will probably pick them 3rd. I don’t see them beating HJ if all the players are healthy and They won’t sweep Huffman. That’s JMO 

3 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

They will be solid for sure, but HF will take a tremendous leap forward next year. They will have the best backcourt in the district along with the best player.  Their front court will will be solid as well. Understand Coach Rideaux had no off season with his players. They were all new to him and most new to playing varsity or leading roles and they did a complete 180. 

As I understand it, all the transfers participated in summer practices last year.  When Ardoin comes over, HF can start an entire group of transfers like a mini Yates!  But...

Tigee is working on getting the CE King job.  Going to be a heckuva commute for him and the district's best backcourt from Bmt to East Houston.  Nice knowing ya HF! 

34 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

As I understand it, all the transfers participated in summer practices last year.  When Ardoin comes over, HF can start an entire group of transfers like a mini Yates!  But...

Tigee is working on getting the CE King job.  Going to be a heckuva commute for him and the district's best backcourt from Bmt to East Houston.  Nice knowing ya HF! 

If Ardoin goes to HF, they will win the district. No one will have an answer for him in that district at all while trying to defend the other 4 that will be on the court. Their backcourt will be the best in the district and the area

56 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

So I guess there is a possibility that coach may be leaving. But why? And the commute?

20 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

If Ardoin goes to HF, they will win the district. No one will have an answer for him in that district at all while trying to defend the other 4 that will be on the court. Their backcourt will be the best in the district and the area

Sorry I’m not buying it. A don’t think a group that has had to deal with Bray Bush is gonna fear a transfer guard from Tekoa. Especially one on a team that was 9-19 with some blow out losses to teams that were less than stellar. The best backcourt in that district next year will reside in Sour Lake as will their coach. 

10 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Sorry I’m not buying it. A don’t think a group that has had to deal with Bray Bush is gonna fear a transfer guard from Tekoa. Especially one on a team that was 9-19 with some blow out losses to teams that were less than stellar. The best backcourt in that district next year will reside in Sour Lake as will their coach. 

Lol, ok. Apparently you dont know basketball that well. HF will sweep HJ next year and it will be hilarious when it happens. As far as coaching goes? Funny how the "best backcourt" got beat in HF and barely escaped them at home. HJ had more experienced players, that won't be the case next year. Also Bush is a pure scorer who gets buckets. Ardoin is a two way player that stands well over 6ft, scores and rebounds. I'm sure Coach Rideaux will enjoy having a player that can play multiple positions as well as defend them. 

11 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Lol, ok. Apparently you dont know basketball that well. HF will sweep HJ next year and it will be hilarious when it happens. As far as coaching goes? Funny how the "best backcourt" got beat in HF and barely escaped them at home. HJ had more experienced players, that won't be the case next year. Also Bush is a pure scorer who gets buckets. Ardoin is a two way player that stands well over 6ft, scores and rebounds. I'm sure Coach Rideaux will enjoy having a player that can play multiple positions as well as defend them. 

Lol , I’m pretty new to the game. A guy can’t learn but so much in 63 years in the gym. Half of the “Best backcourt “ was in a boot in the stands last year in Hamshire. Now here’s where I don’t follow you at all, “HJ had more experienced players “. They are all coming back so unless there’s an influx of seniors moving to HF then HJ will still have the most experienced players. Please don’t tell me the guard coming from Tekoa is better than Bush. 

16 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Lol , I’m pretty new to the game. A guy can’t learn but so much in 63 years in the gym. Half of the “Best backcourt “ was in a boot in the stands last year in Hamshire. Now here’s where I don’t follow you at all, “HJ had more experienced players “. They are all coming back so unless there’s an influx of seniors moving to HF then HJ will still have the most experienced players. Please don’t tell me the guard coming from Tekoa is better than Bush. 

Bush is a senior going to play D1 basketball while Ardoin is sophomore who just averages 20 plus points 10 rebs and did it against 4a and 5a schools from a charter school. They don't compare at all due to graduation differences. 

HJ had more experience as far as players being on varsity the previous year. The two best players from HF didn't play varsity last year at all and was able to help turn around a team that won only 2 games last year. It's funny how a group players and a coach who help turn around a non traditional basketball program is some how look upon as not being a threat next year? Even though they beat both of the teams that are at the top of the district. Go figure

2 hours ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

I find it very funny that you know that “Tigee is working on the CE King Job” and he’s a close friend of mine and hasn’t mentioned this one time. I know this man would’nt think about another job while he’s preparing for a playoff game and he just lost Last night. So ur saying u found out this information this morning? Some of you people are really disgusting human beings. Y’all come on here and talk about people y’all know absolutely nothing about. It’s simply disgusting and distasteful 

Edited by idiotproof1981

39 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Bush is a senior going to play D1 basketball while Ardoin is sophomore who just averages 20 plus points 10 rebs and did it against 4a and 5a schools from a charter school. They don't compare at all due to graduation differences. 

HJ had more experience as far as players being on varsity the previous year. The two best players from HF didn't play varsity last year at all and was able to help turn around a team that won only 2 games last year. It's funny how a group players and a coach who help turn around a non traditional basketball program is some how look upon as not being a threat next year? Even though they beat both of the teams that are at the top of the district. Go figure

Didn’t Ardoin play at Tekoa Academy? 

4 hours ago, idiotproof1981 said:

I find it very funny that you know that “Tigee is working on the CE King Job” and he’s a close friend of mine and hasn’t mentioned this one time. I know this man would’nt think about another job while he’s preparing for a playoff game and he just lost Last night. So ur saying u found out this information this morning? Some of you people are really disgusting human beings. Y’all come on here and talk about people y’all know absolutely nothing about. It’s simply disgusting and distasteful 

Easy now, Tigee.  Should have been focused on Booker T, but too busy telling people we're getting CE King gig.  What's disgusting is your disregard for rules and lack of loyalty.

15 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

If what you say is correct, that means that HF will do undefeated in district next year, right?