Next Year

no-look

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Porter is a good player but he is not THAT important to the success of HJ.

IMO, Wirth and Samaha were more important to the success of HJ than Porter.

Lol ok 😂. Believe that! Teams have to account for JP and game plan accordingly which opens up opportunities for others. Having him and RJ, two guards that can get to the track, forces you to clog the lane which opens up for shooters. Take him off the team and all you have to do is stop RJ from driving and guard the shooters. It's hard for any team to account for 3-4 scorers with different skill set unless you have athletes across the board. 

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Without the HJ transfer playing at HF, HF does not get the putback to win the game at home with HJ.

Someone else would be there to put it back 🤷‍♂️. It was an offensive rebound, not a 3 point shot or mid range bucket 😂. The guys I mentioned changed the make up of the team and how you have to defend them.

1 minute ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Lol ok 😂. Believe that! Teams have to account for JP and game plan accordingly which opens up opportunities for others. Having him and RJ, two guards that can get to the track, forces you to clog the lane which opens up for shooters. Take him off the team and all you have to do is stop RJ from driving and guard the shooters. It's hard for any team to account for 3-4 scorers with different skill set unless you have athletes across the board. 

I saw HJ play many games this season. It was no doubt their MVP was Wirth.

I agree that Sears and Porter play very important roles.

17 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Like I said Fannett gets last in district if the new kids don’t come to Fannett, what I’m saying you have to have players to win, Fannett have 2 really good new players and they won!!! Stop acting like Fannett doesn’t have pretty good athletes. They had a young team the year before and had everyone 

We are in agreement on that! The new players this year and next year would have been at HF, they just didn't have a Coach they all believed could get them to the next level 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Someone else would be there to put it back 🤷‍♂️. It was an offensive rebound, not a 3 point shot or mid range bucket 😂. The guys I mentioned changed the make up of the team and how you have to defend them.

If your emboldened sentence is true, then someone else would have replaced Porter.  But, for the record, nobody else on HF was as tall as the HJ transfer thus putting your contention into doubt.    And, if Samaha had not been on the bench, that rebound would not have been collected by HF

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

So what you are saying is that you don't like the coach and the new students at HF? 🤔 You honestly think schools who hire good coaches don't attract talent and retain the talent they have? The problem is really that you don't like Coach Rideaux and that's evident, but the hundreds of folks that crowded the gym and thousand that followed them in their two playoff games think otherwise 🤷‍♂️. HF is an open enrollment campus and can accept kids from outside the district just like HJ can. They have their stipulations and grade requirements for these students that apparently are being followed. I know for sure that many of the new faces actually live in the district and was actually attending other schools outside of it. With the hiring of Coach Rideaux, they simply transferred to the school they are zoned for. Are you making the accusation that these kids aren't smart and are in some way bypassing HF standards because of sports? 🤔 I know for sure one kid that is looking to transfer there next year is National Honor society and will graduate top of his class sooooo.....

I don't like cheaters and I believe that the current coach is breaking rules.  The two transfers are really good players and always conducted themselves how they should, but I believe they were recruited to come to HF by the head coach.  I believe other students were recruited to HF that didn't come with them.  I believe that more students will be recruited by the coach to HF and eventually they will get HF in trouble.  I know that you think your friend has a great coaching pedigree and reputation, but he is not Greg Wise and HF is not Yates.  Eventually it will hit the fan.  And I'll still be embarrassed of how HF is operating.  

5 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

I don't like cheaters and I believe that the current coach is breaking rules.  The two transfers are really good players and always conducted themselves how they should, but I believe they were recruited to come to HF by the head coach.  I believe other students were recruited to HF that didn't come with them.  I believe that more students will be recruited by the coach to HF and eventually they will get HF in trouble.  I know that you think your friend has a great coaching pedigree and reputation, but he is not Greg Wise and HF is not Yates.  Eventually it will hit the fan.  And I'll still be embarrassed of how HF is operating.  

This can be proven fairly easily

9 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Players go were there is a good coach and program. Your not giving the kids enough credit as that's really how programs are formed. They talk to each other as well as play on the same AAU teams during the summer. They judge the coaches between themselves and discuss where they are going. The top players make the decisions while the others follow. I can tell you for a fact that HFs two guards have played on the same AAU team since 3rd grade. Many of the players in this area do the same. As long as they abide by UIL rules regarding transfers, then there's no problem. HF is an open enrollment district also 🤷‍♂️. So the trend may continue with younger players wanting to play high school together. That's not cheating at all, just a testament to HF hiring the right guy who will attract talent. This summer, players will be talking again as they do every summer, just this time a new school and coach will be in the conversation.

17 minutes ago, stevenash said:

This can be proven fairly easily

Lol, no it can't as there's nothing to prove. So I guess kids transfering to HJ and other schools is acceptable, but not HF? That shows a direct hate by a few for the coach there, because no one says Coach Davis is cheating when a Beaumont kid transfers there or to East Chambers. Because they aren't cheating! Kids want to go there for a better opportunity over BISD schools who are under staffed in the classrooms. 

I find it very disturbing when adults try and hinder the success of children because they have a problem with another adult. Just go and enjoy the games ,congratulate the kids on their success, and be proud when some of them graduated with an offer to play at the next level. Who cares if Coach Rideaux gets some credit or accolades. It's about allowing kids the opportunities that they possibly wouldn't have at another school. To try and stop that makes you the lowest of the low and a completely selfish.

9 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Lol, no it can't as there's nothing to prove. So I guess kids transfering to HJ and other schools is acceptable, but not HF? That shows a direct hate by a few for the coach there, because no one says Coach Davis is cheating when a Beaumont kid transfers there or to East Chambers. Because they aren't cheating! Kids want to go there for a better opportunity over BISD schools who are under staffed in the classrooms. 

You simply don't know what you don't know.

58 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Their JV played them and won that tournament, not the varsity. My point was their pipeline is pretty strong right now.

I doubt the “pipeline” is that strong except the recruit who wasn’t eligible for varsity probably because he hadn’t previously been staying in the district like your claiming all these transfers have 

3 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I find it very disturbing when adults try and hinder the success of children because they have a problem with another adult. Just go and enjoy the games ,congratulate the kids on their success, and be proud when some of them graduated with an offer to play at the next level. Who cares if Coach Rideaux gets some credit or accolades. It's about allowing kids the opportunities that they possibly wouldn't have at another school. To try and stop that makes you the lowest of the low and a completely selfish.

If that is what it is really all about, then you have no problem with anyone transferring anywhere at anytime they wish, regardless of established guidelines as well as the intent of the guidelines.  Right? 

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If that is what it is really all about, then you have no problem with anyone transferring anywhere at anytime they wish, regardless of established guidelines as well as the intent of the guidelines.  Right? 

My point is what does it do for you on a personal level to investigate it? If the kid transfers under the approved guidelines why keep questioning it? Why try and cause trouble for them when the same isn't being done at other schools? My thing is mind your own business and leave these kids alone. Enjoy the game or stay home. That's your choice, but trying to hinder a child from accomplishing their dream is a dick move.

16 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I doubt the “pipeline” is that strong except the recruit who wasn’t eligible for varsity probably because he hadn’t previously been staying in the district like your claiming all these transfers have 

We were discussing varsity players and the fact that he didn't play varsity proves Coach Rideaux and HF is following the rules. Also last time I checked, you don't play 1 on 5 in basketball. So apparently there are several players on that JV team that has some talent.

20 minutes ago, stevenash said:

You simply don't know what you don't know.

Which means you can't prove anything if you don't know anything! 😂😂😂 The question will be asked and answered by whoever to whomever and the answer will always be according to the rules 🤷‍♂️. So why bother?

17 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

We were discussing varsity players and the fact that he didn't play varsity proves Coach Rideaux and HF is following the rules. Also last time I checked, you don't play 1 on 5 in basketball. So apparently there are several players on that JV team that has some talent.

Doesn’t prove he’s following rules at all lol.  Probably more so proves he’s willing to break the rules if he’s able. I do believe he intended on that kid playing varsity this year. UIL was just able to enforce the rule in that instance. Knowing that he’s probably willing to break the rules how would anyone know he didn’t find loop holes to get the other 2 kids approved. 

HF has alot new faces that I haven't seen before. 97% of them dnt play sports. With the hire of a good coach and bisd nonsense. Many are attending hf. I know first hand it's hard for any transfer to transfer in Hf. We had many over yrs that wouldn't probably be on varsity at other schools till their varsity yr try to come and would definitely make varsity here but couldn't get thru the process due to requirements. As far as laverge rebound it's a 50/50 chance last shot would of went hj way. Hf has proved they can win and rebound with him and w/o him. They beat silsbee without him and he didn't play most 2nd half against Washington.  Edwards had 17 boards by himself that gm not to count how many Coleman had.  So laverge isn't jus hf only  rebounder. Like I stated before hf has lost lots of athletes to schools. No one complains, we simply keep pushing on. But god forbid let athletes who stay in district come aboard and make Hf better. Ppl have a fit.  I can give u a few athletes who attended hf, live in district and went to bmt, ec, hj and played varsity there and was one their best players and that's in the past few yrs but we didn't not bicker about it. Hell my nephew king (c/o 16) was approached by different schools rather it be by friends, parents,alums to attend different school than hf. Edward's his brother was approached by different friends, parents, alum of certain school to transfer. So I wont say recruitment dnt go on cause like I said I know personally it does. HF has lost alot athlete for sporting purposes. Now it seem they are staying home due to good coaches 

42 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

My point is what does it do for you on a personal level to investigate it? If the kid transfers under the approved guidelines why keep questioning it? Why try and cause trouble for them when the same isn't being done at other schools? My thing is mind your own business and leave these kids alone. Enjoy the game or stay home. That's your choice, but trying to hinder a child from accomplishing their dream is a dick move.

VERBATIM QUOTE FROM NICK SABAN AT ALABAMA:  

If you’re going to transfer to different schools during your high school years, I already do NOT want to recruit you…..because I know you do not have perseverance and grit

30 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Doesn’t prove he’s following rules at all lol.  Probably more so proves he’s willing to break the rules if he’s able. I do believe he intended on that kid playing varsity this year. UIL was just able to enforce the rule in that instance. Knowing that he’s probably willing to break the rules how would anyone know he didn’t find loop holes to get the other 2 kids approved. 

Knowing he's willing to break the rules? HF is an open enrollment campus and that kid is a very good student as well as an upstanding young man. HF apparently was more then happy to have him enroll there, but he doesn't live in the district and he played last year at BU, so he had to sit per UIL rules. He and the other two from BU are friends and teammates in the summer as I said before. He was the only one that didn't live in the district. The other two live in the district and that's a fact. I know both of them and their families as well as the kid who will be possibly attending HF next year from a charter school and was going there for academics and NCAA eligibility purposes regardless of who was the coach. He's a ranked player who doesn't need a highly touted high school program, just one that is NCAA approved. Anyways they all live in the HF district!!! 

17 minutes ago, stevenash said:

VERBATIM QUOTE FROM NICK SABAN AT ALABAMA:  

If you’re going to transfer to different schools during your high school years, I already do NOT want to recruit you…..because I know you do not have perseverance and grit

Yeah that's already been proven to be false on his account 😂. Also that's football and a kid transfering to another school isn't a big deal at all. Multiple schools, yes, as he said "schools" not school. Basketball players transfer all the time especially with Academies and private schools.

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

Since you are posing questions to an individual, let me pose one to you.  Are you saying that the coach never spoke to any of these new players or had discussions about coming to HF?

How would you know who the coach has spoken to? Again this forum makes u guys way to brave. I’m sure none of y’all will ever say these things with your names and faces attached to them.

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I would love for these people who have a problem with Rideaux to address it with rideaux. Wouldn’t that be a better solution than hiding in this forum and bashing him and kids? 

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

I am very very confident that my knowledge of basketball will compare quite favorably with yours, so drop the insults because they have no value.  I am fully conversant with the resume of Coach Rideaux and it is very abbreviated.   Do you believe that players will be better served by playing under Mr. Rideaux or under Coach Green, whose resume in high school basketball is quite impressive?

You must tell the entire story. Mr Rideaux was the first graduate of Ozen to coach at Ozen under Boutte. He coached in a state final in 2007.