Next Year

no-look

8 hours ago, idiotproof1981 said:

You aren’t a fool but you are definitely a bitter person. I’ve watched you sit her and bad mouth HF post after post. Get a life and stop accusing kids and people you do not know of things you know nothing about. I love that this forum was created to keep people informed about local athletics but the fact that it’s anonymous gives some of you people way too much bravery.  

More embarrassed than bitter.  My school district hasn't always been the best athletically, but it's always been a good school district that did things right and we always put academics first.  There has always been talent at HF, but we've missed on coaching hires basically since Jeff Keener.  This latest hire is a miss too.  Those transfers haven't always lived in HF and the new ones won't either and everyone knows it.  I'd rather lose with our kids and coaches who do it right than openly break the rules and then brag about how great they are.  Nobody is buying it.  I'm old enough to know that winning isn't everything.

It's not bravery to point out something is wrong.  For what it's worth I've made my opinion known to the principal, AD, and superintendent at HF so I'm not hiding behind an anonymous message board.

33 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

More embarrassed than bitter.  My school district hasn't always been the best athletically, but it's always been a good school district that did things right and we always put academics first.  There has always been talent at HF, but we've missed on coaching hires basically since Jeff Keener.  This latest hire is a miss too.  Those transfers haven't always lived in HF and the new ones won't either and everyone knows it.  I'd rather lose with our kids and coaches who do it right than openly break the rules and then brag about how great they are.  Nobody is buying it.  I'm old enough to know that winning isn't everything.

It's not bravery to point out something is wrong.  For what it's worth I've made my opinion known to the principal, AD, and superintendent at HF so I'm not hiding behind an anonymous message board.

+10000000000

36 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

So what you are saying is that you don't like the coach and the new students at HF? 🤔 You honestly think schools who hire good coaches don't attract talent and retain the talent they have? The problem is really that you don't like Coach Rideaux and that's evident, but the hundreds of folks that crowded the gym and thousand that followed them in their two playoff games think otherwise 🤷‍♂️. HF is an open enrollment campus and can accept kids from outside the district just like HJ can. They have their stipulations and grade requirements for these students that apparently are being followed. I know for sure that many of the new faces actually live in the district and was actually attending other schools outside of it. With the hiring of Coach Rideaux, they simply transferred to the school they are zoned for. Are you making the accusation that these kids aren't smart and are in some way bypassing HF standards because of sports? 🤔 I know for sure one kid that is looking to transfer there next year is National Honor society and will graduate top of his class sooooo.....

2 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

So what you are saying is that you don't like the coach and the new students at HF? 🤔 You honestly think schools who hire good coaches don't attract talent and retain the talent they have? The problem is really that you don't like Coach Rideaux and that's evident, but the hundreds of folks that crowded the gym and thousand that followed them in their two playoff games think otherwise 🤷‍♂️. HF is an open enrollment campus and can accept kids from outside the district just like HJ can. They have their stipulations and grade requirements for these students that apparently are being followed. I know for sure that many of the new faces actually live in the district and was actually attending other schools outside of it. With the hiring of Coach Rideaux, they simply transferred to the school they are zoned for. Are you making the accusation that these kids aren't smart and are in some way bypassing HF standards because of sports? 🤔 I not for sure one kid that is looking to transfer there next year is National Honor society and will graduate top of his class sooooo.....

Since you are posing questions to an individual, let me pose one to you.  Are you saying that the coach never spoke to any of these new players or had discussions about coming to HF?

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Curious as to why parents would send their kids to BISD if they lived in Hamshire-Fannett school district to begin with?

Because BISD had better coaches? That's pretty obvious. The modern day athlete isn't like the one of old. You guys are kind of showing your ages 😂. Recruiting is a combination of classroom and coaching connections. You can be a great academic school, but for an athlete you need that and a coach that can make phone calls that colleges will answer. Most would prefer both which is why many have transferred to HJ and EC over the years. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Because BISD had better coaches? That's pretty obvious. The modern day athlete isn't like the one of old. You guys are kind of showing your ages 😂. Recruiting is a combination of classroom and coaching connections. You can be a great academic school, but for an athlete you need that and a coach that can make phone calls that colleges will answer. Most would prefer both which is why many have transferred to HJ and EC over the years. 

then you are saying that the HF coach has a track record superior to that of David Green?  Hmmmm

So they moved for athletic purposes, correct?

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

You didn't answer the question.   What reputation existed?   When and where was he a successful high school head coach?

Now you're showing your lack of knowledge. Coach Rideaux was assistant coach at Central when they went to back to back state appearances and had some of the best players in the state. All of which went to D1 colleges and graduated or are about to. He then went to Lumberton last year after Ozen and Central combined and helped that team reach the playoffs for the first time in forever! Now he comes the HF as the head coach and makes history again. The guy is a great coach and knows the game on all 3 levels.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So they moved for athletic purposes, correct?

Sure they did, and are now coming home because the situation has improved 🤷‍♂️. Doesn't matter, because they live in the district and was going outside of it for opportunities. Good coaches tend to change the outlook for athletes who are seeking opportunities. Go figure

8 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Now you're showing your lack of knowledge. Coach Rideaux was assistant coach at Central when they went to back to back state appearances and had some of the best players in the state. All of which went to D1 colleges and graduated or are about to. He then went to Lumberton last year after Ozen and Central combined and helped that team reach the playoffs for the first time in forever! Now he comes the HF as the head coach and makes history again. The guy is a great coach and knows the game on all 3 levels.

Central only went to state tourney in 99. Never went back to back.

You are showing your lack of local high school basketball knowledge.

8 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I am very very confident that my knowledge of basketball will compare quite favorably with yours, so drop the insults because they have no value.  I am fully conversant with the resume of Coach Rideaux and it is very abbreviated.   Do you believe that players will be better served by playing under Mr. Rideaux or under Coach Green, whose resume in high school basketball is quite impressive?

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

then you are saying that the HF coach has a track record superior to that of David Green?  Hmmmm

Again you dont know basketball outside of the sticks apparently. A varsity team only has 12 uniforms. BU has a good 30 kids that could play varsity. Their JV would dominate both 4A districts in our area and make the playoffs in the 5A district. That's not even counting what they have on the freshman team 😂. Coach Green is an excellent Coach who has the great benefit of choosing from a pool of players that include some of the best in the state. He has well over 100 plus kids come out for tryouts and can pick from the best of best for varsity. 

Just now, stevenash said:

I am very very confident that my knowledge of basketball will compare quite favorably with yours, so drop the insults because they have no value.  I am fully conversant with the resume of Coach Rideaux and it is very abbreviated.   Do you believe that players will be better served by playing under Mr. Rideaux or under Coach Green, whose resume in high school basketball is quite impressive?

It was stated on this site in another thread that the two players left BISD because they would not get any PT at United.

Just now, Cardinal 1 said:

Again you dont know basketball outside of the sticks apparently. A varsity team only has 12 uniforms. BU has a good 30 kids that could play varsity. Their JV would dominate both 4A districts in our area and make the playoffs in the 5A district. That's not even counting what they have on the freshman team 😂. Coach Green is an excellent Coach who has the great benefit of choosing from a pool of players that include some of the best in the state. He has well over 100 plus kids come out for tryouts and can pick from the best of best for varsity. 

Please give up the attempted insults.  I watched Mr. Green play college basketball and have been very aware of him every since then.  You just need to try something else instead of saying that the kids transferred in order to play for a better coach. 

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Central only went to state tourney in 99. Never went back to back.

You are showing your lack of local high school basketball knowledge.

They went in 2014 dude. Smh I was wrong, they went to back to back regional tournament and won district consecutively. 

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It was stated on this site in another thread that the two players left BISD because they would not get any PT at United.

Two were a freshman and the other didn't play at all at the school. Also they moved back to HF mostly because of the turmoil at BU. There are 15- 20 permanent or more subs at that school teaching core classes. For a young athlete or any kid looking to attend college, that's a death trap. BISD also cut off transfers within the district.

3 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

They went in 2014 dude. Smh I was wrong, they went to back to back regional tournament and won district consecutively. 

I know that, I broadcast their game in 2014. I misspoke on stating they only went in 99. Was referring to when Green was coaching them the first time.

Fact, they did not go to back to back state tourneys.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Please give up the attempted insults.  I watched Mr. Green play college basketball and have been very aware of him every since then.  You just need to try something else instead of saying that the kids transferred in order to play for a better coach. 

I played for Coach Green dude at Central. You on the outside looking in 😂😂😂. And I didn't say they transferred to play for a better coach as I think Coach Green is a high school HOF coach. They transferred BACK HOME BECAUSE THE SCHOOOOOLLLLL THEY ARE ZONED FOR FINALLY GOT A GOOD COACH. smh

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I know that, I broadcast their game in 2014. I misspoke on stating they only went in 99. Was referring to when Green was coaching them the first time.

Fact, they did not go to back to back state tourneys.

Yeah I corrected myself. They were supposed to give to back to back state appearances. That team should have won it all both times! 

I played for Coach Green dude at Central. You on the outside looking in 😂😂😂. And I didn't say they transferred to play for a better coach as I think Coach Green is a high school HOF coach. They transferred BACK HOME BECAUSE THE SCHOOOOOLLLLL THEY ARE ZONED FOR FINALLY GOT A GOOD COACH. smh

Thought you played for Ozen?

30 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

So Tigee was an assistant at Central when they went to state in 2014?

Not according to the UIL archives

This is the hidden content, please

Coach: Robert Lee
Assistant Coach(es): Joseph Fonteneaux Jr, Stevie Moore, Franklin Paul, Aaron Walker