Next Year

no-look

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I don't have a problem with HF so that's not debatable. Silsbee could have taken HF lightly after beating them by 20+ at HF. That could have more to do with HF winning than their adjustments.

Possible, HF needed to win more then Silsbee did at that point to make the playoffs. They made adjustments, Silsbee didn't in the second game. Next year will be a little different with Silsbee rebuilding and HF returning all their players. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Possible, HF needed to win more then Silsbee did at that point to make the playoffs. They made adjustments, Silsbee didn't in the second game. Next year will be a little different with Silsbee rebuilding and HF returning all their players. 

You assuming these two will play each other?

Just looking at next years returners HJ will have Wirth , Porter , Samaha , Sears as returning starters. Kids that got a ton of playing time included Akhtar , Moore , Ogle , White and Martin. They will pick up several off a JV that was very good. The kids that were Sophomores this year did not lose but 2 games as Freshman and can flat out play. I like the Hawks chances . I’m gonna go out on a limb here and bet HJ doesn’t overlook HF next year. I wish the new season started tomorrow but I’ll have to wait. 

9 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Of course they will, maybe once or twice. The coaches will work it out before district or they will meet in a tournament somewhere. They'll play each other though I'm sure.

Going off past seasons, it's very rare for Silsbee to schedule other 4A schools in non district. Only ones in the past 5 years were HJ, Center and LaMarque. As for tourneys, Hamshire-Fannett has never been in same tournament as Silsbee. Silsbee doesn't play in local tourneys.

I will be surprised if HF is on Silsbee's schedule.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Going off past seasons, it's very rare for Silsbee to schedule other 4A schools in non district. Only ones in the past 5 years were HJ, Center and LaMarque. As for tourneys, Hamshire-Fannett has never been in same tournament as Silsbee. Silsbee doesn't play in local tourneys.

I will be surprised if HF is on Silsbee's schedule.

Your judging based on past HF season's. New Coach = new program and change. They will play Silsbee for sure. Also Silsbee will be in a rebuilding season. Those top names aren't there anymore so the invites to previous tournaments will not be there next year. They will play more local I'm sure to give their young new team time to build confidence. Top Tournaments do not invite schools, they invite top players. The school they are at just receives the benefit of it. Silsbee has had the benefit of having some of the best players in the state and country the past 3-4 years. They have to rebuild now with all of them gone. Player name recognition is what garners invites, not school name.

20 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Your judging based on past HF season's. New Coach = new program and change. They will play Silsbee for sure. Also Silsbee will be in a rebuilding season. Those top names aren't there anymore so the invites to previous tournaments will not be there next year. They will play more local I'm sure to give their young new team time to build confidence. Top Tournaments do not invite schools, they invite top players. The school they are at just receives the benefit of it. Silsbee has had the benefit of having some of the best players in the state and country the past 3-4 years. They have to rebuild now with all of them gone. Player name recognition is what garners invites, not school name.

Silsbee may scale back their tourney schedule but it will be because Sigler wants to, not that they don't get invited to those tourneys.

Dallas ISD has stated they will always have a place for Silsbee. Same for some other tourneys.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Silsbee playing a little more local. But I think Joe will still schedule tourneys outside the immediate area so unless HF goes outside their norm, those two playing may not happen. I will be surprised if Joe schedules HF.

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee may scale back their tourney schedule but it will be because Sigler wants to, not that they don't get invited to those tourneys.

Dallas ISD has stated they will always have a place for Silsbee. Same for some other tourneys.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Silsbee playing a little more local. But I think Joe will still schedule tourneys outside the immediate area so unless HF goes outside their norm, those two playing may not happen. I will be surprised if Joe schedules HF.

I'm 75% sure Rideaux will go outside the usual Hf area norm for better competition to get HF ready for district 

On 3/2/2020 at 9:00 AM, Cardinal 1 said:

The hierarchy of 4A ball in the area is Silsbee, Huffman and HJ, with everyone else scuffing and occasionally having an exceptional season.

The longhorns had a good season. It's been a while since they were competitive. But each year is different. HJ and Hargrave are probably going to be the favorites for the district title, as they should. They both have long time coaches and well established programs that keep the level of play steady.

And while Silsbee may step back, their team will be good enough to make the regional tournament if they get a good draw. They're still the team to beat in the area in this classification.

I wouldn't schedule a playoff spot for HF just yet. Livingston returns most of their team and Splendora will be much better. Shepherd lost 6 seniors but they still have a good center that alters shots (he's every bit of 6-9). Liberty will be improved too.

A good team is going to miss the playoffs. The Lions had a good year before with 19 wins and then sleep walked in 2020 and almost missed the playoffs. When a team hasn't made it in a long time and then gets there, there can be a hangover. That's going to be the test, how will your squad respond to it's first taste of success and teams giving your their max effort because you are now considered a good program building win.

HJ and Huffman come ready for war every year. I can't see them ceding the title easily.  Y'all gonna have to show me before I believe y'all belong in the top tier.

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

The hierarchy of 4A ball in the area is Silsbee, Huffman and HJ, with everyone else scuffing and occasionally having an exceptional season.

The longhorns had a good season. It's been a while since they were competitive. But each year is different. HJ and Hargrave are probably going to be the favorites for the district title, as they should. They both have long time coaches and well established programs that keep the level of play steady.

And while Silsbee may step back, their team will be good enough to make the regional tournament if they get a good draw. They're still the team to beat in the area in this classification.

I wouldn't schedule a playoff spot for HF just yet. Livingston returns most of their team and Splendora will be much better. Shepherd lost 6 seniors but they still have a good center that alters shots (he's every bit of 6-9). Liberty will be improved too.

A good team is going to miss the playoffs. The Lions had a good year before with 19 wins and then sleep walked in 2020 and almost missed the playoffs. When a team hasn't made it in a long time and then gets there, there can be a hangover. That's going to be the test, how will your squad respond to it's first taste of success and teams giving your their max effort because you are now considered a good program building win.

HJ and Huffman come ready for war every year. I can't see them ceding the title easily.  Y'all gonna have to show me before I believe y'all belong in the top tier.

HJ and Huffman will be solid teams as always, but what HF has coming back along with what may be possibly joining them? That district is about to be shook up for sure and some folks in their feelings! 😂 

20 hours ago, stevenash said:

Get ready for district?   Some have stated they will breeze through it.

I wouldn't say breeze thru but definitely better than this yr. HF is only losing Edwards  and jv probably lost 5-7 gms  if not less than that this season. So it HF definitely will be better this yr.

3 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HJ and Huffman will be solid teams as always, but what HF has coming back along with what may be possibly joining them? That district is about to be shook up for sure and some folks in their feelings! 😂 

You act like the other teams don't have people coming back and new kids coming up from the lower levels.

HF isn't the program yet where people outside of Western Jefferson County say they're a title contender. Glad y'all are improved, but I will enjoy watching you leave the Lions Den with Horns sawed off. 

By this time next year, you may be happy that the UIL takes 4 teams per district. 

41 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

You act like the other teams don't have people coming back and new kids coming up from the lower levels.

HF isn't the program yet where people outside of Western Jefferson County say they're a title contender. Glad y'all are improved, but I will enjoy watching you leave the Lions Den with Horns sawed off. 

By this time next year, you may be happy that the UIL takes 4 teams per district. 

HJ and Huffman are the class of that district but for you to think Livingston will be better than HF u must be smoking something strong. HF smacked those people silly this year. 

15 minutes ago, idiotproof1981 said:

HJ and Huffman are the class of that district but for you to think Livingston will be better than HF u must be smoking something strong. HF smacked those people silly this year. 

That's why we play. Y'all had a good year. Next year is a different year. For HF to take one year and extrapolate that to being the next district champs is preposterous. Y'all need to calm down on the farm. No one is scared of you. Silsbee doesn't owe y'all a game next season because y'all got lucky against them. The only reason y'all were on the Tigers schedule is you were in their district. They only play good to great 5A and 6A teams in preseason.

We beat y'all pretty bad a year ago and y'all returned the favor this season. I give you a soft golf clap. It'll be different in district. 

I just wanted to throw some water on the how great HF is talk. I'm shocked at how many pages has been wasted on this. You're much more likely to be playing a play in game for fourth place than being district champs. 

They only thing HJ and Huffman going to do is make false accusations against HF all before district start because the team they will gave next year will be dominant. They might be getting this areas best kept secret next year. If they do, it's a wrap! 

Just now, Cardinal 1 said:

They only thing HJ and Huffman going to do is make false accusations against HF all before district start because the team they will gave next year will be dominant. They might be getting this areas best kept secret next year. If they do, it's a wrap! 

HJ saves those accusations for teams that have a shot of winning state, such as Yates (too soon, sorry!) Y'all are not in that class, no matter how many magic mushrooms you pick up in the pasture and ingest.

Huffman may lose a district game for the first time in a long time, but it won't be to HF.

31 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Might be?  What's he waiting on?  Gotta get the name changed on those water bills for 3-4 months before they turn in the paperwork?  The uproar to this year's recruits/transfers came after they already got them in.  The new district committee won't be unprepared like the old one.  The fact that the new transfer is already being discussed practically proves the move is for athletic purposes...I know, I know.  Rules don't matter.  Everyone does it.  I'm a fool!

11 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Might be?  What's he waiting on?  Gotta get the name changed on those water bills for 3-4 months before they turn in the paperwork?  The uproar to this year's recruits/transfers came after they already got them in.  The new district committee won't be unprepared like the old one.  The fact that the new transfer is already being discussed practically proves the move is for athletic purposes...I know, I know.  Rules don't matter.  Everyone does it.  I'm a fool!

Lol, the only difference is this kid isn't coming from another UIL school and family already lives in the district! 😂😂 He's just deciding to finish his high school education at an ISD school. 

18 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Might be?  What's he waiting on?  Gotta get the name changed on those water bills for 3-4 months before they turn in the paperwork?  The uproar to this year's recruits/transfers came after they already got them in.  The new district committee won't be unprepared like the old one.  The fact that the new transfer is already being discussed practically proves the move is for athletic purposes...I know, I know.  Rules don't matter.  Everyone does it.  I'm a 

Also if you know anything about NCAA rules and recruiting, you have to graduate from an NCAA approved high school. That could be the main reason for moving to an ISD now. UIL wouldn't interfere with a kid moving to be eligible for a scholarship by the NCAA. 

That's why we play. Y'all had a good year. Next year is a different year. For HF to take one year and extrapolate that to being the next district champs is preposterous. Y'all need to calm down on the farm. No one is scared of you. Silsbee doesn't owe y'all a game next season because y'all got lucky against them. The only reason y'all were on the Tigers schedule is you were in their district. They only play good to great 5A and 6A teams in preseason.

We beat y'all pretty bad a year ago and y'all returned the favor this season. I give you a soft golf clap. It'll be different in district. 

I just wanted to throw some water on the how great HF is talk. I'm shocked at how many pages has been wasted on this. You're much more likely to be playing a play in game for fourth place than being district champs. 

It’s obvious that you are just a troll. Because u are definitely not a student of basketball with this stuff u are spewing. HF got lucky to beat silsbee and HJ? HF got lucky to beat Livingston by 20 points? 😂😂😂 yeah I’ll let you continue oh and I obviously stated HJ and Huffman are the class of the district but you may not know what that means. 

30 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

You aren’t a fool but you are definitely a bitter person. I’ve watched you sit her and bad mouth HF post after post. Get a life and stop accusing kids and people you do not know of things you know nothing about. I love that this forum was created to keep people informed about local athletics but the fact that it’s anonymous gives some of you people way too much bravery.