Next Year

no-look

On 2/13/2020 at 1:43 PM, no-look said:

Of course this year is not over yet but looking ahead to next year. What area teams could be positioned for success?  Excluding Yates. Lol.  Some moved down A classification and should benefit from that.  What about Coldspring and EC?  

Huntington is always next years team.

HJ, Huffman, HF, Tarkington should make a really tough district depending on what happens with HF moving forward.  District 22 looks lots weaker.  Silsbee going to play the Fab 5.  LCM started two freshmen at HF the other night and I think shooter comes back.  Bridge City should be good because they all come back, but I think they say that every year.

5 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

HJ, Huffman, HF, Tarkington should make a really tough district depending on what happens with HF moving forward.  District 22 looks lots weaker.  Silsbee going to play the Fab 5.  LCM started two freshmen at HF the other night and I think shooter comes back.  Bridge City should be good because they all come back, but I think they say that every year.

Tarkington will not be in that district. They dropped to 3A

2 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HF will be tough for the next two years. I see them making the regional tournament next year and winning the district crown. There's a lot of fuel out there bwing thrown in SETX that is going to cause a wildfire in Hampshire!

Hardin Jefferson and Huffman will have a lot to say about that. In my opinion HJ will be better next year . Lots of underclassmen on this years club . Throwing fuel builds rivalries, should be fun! 

5 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Hardin Jefferson and Huffman will have a lot to say about that. In my opinion HJ will be better next year . Lots of underclassmen on this years club . Throwing fuel builds rivalries, should be fun! 

HF beat both of them with a young inexperienced team. That will change next year as all of them come back next year with some new editions 

2 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HF beat both of them with a young inexperienced team. That will change next year as all of them come back next year with some new editions 

They beat HJ at the buzzer in Hamshire when HJ did not have one of their best players. Bring on the “new editions “ the Hawks will show up and play. I don’t have HF’s roster in front of me but I’m willing to bet HJ was just as young or younger. 

10 minutes ago, whsalum said:

They beat HJ at the buzzer in Hamshire when HJ did not have one of their best players. Bring on the “new editions “ the Hawks will show up and play. I don’t have HF’s roster in front of me but I’m willing to bet HJ was just as young or younger. 

HF full of sophomores and freshmen as far as their leaders are. They will be tough to beat. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

HF full of sophomores and freshmen as far as their leaders are. They will be tough to beat. 

HJ will have a nice mix. Hard to say who their best player is or will be because it all depends on what type game they need to play. They have a very good returning post player, their PG is probably second only to Bush in the district this year and a lot of people think the kid that missed the HF game could be their best player. They are loaded at the sophomore and junior level . They will also be able to go 10 deep next year without a drop off. I like their chances. 

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

HJ will have a nice mix. Hard to say who their best player is or will be because it all depends on what type game they need to play. They have a very good returning post player, their PG is probably second only to Bush in the district this year and a lot of people think the kid that missed the HF game could be their best player. They are loaded at the sophomore and junior level . They will also be able to go 10 deep next year without a drop off. I like their chances. 

They will be solid for sure, but HF will take a tremendous leap forward next year. They will have the best backcourt in the district along with the best player.  Their front court will will be solid as well. Understand Coach Rideaux had no off season with his players. They were all new to him and most new to playing varsity or leading roles and they did a complete 180. 

5 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

They will be solid for sure, but HF will take a tremendous leap forward next year. They will have the best backcourt in the district along with the best player.  Their front court will will be solid as well. Understand Coach Rideaux had no off season with his players. They were all new to him and most new to playing varsity or leading roles and they did a complete 180. 

Their backcourt won’t be better than HJ’s unless there are some new pieces to the puzzle . They also won’t have the best player in the district unless he wasn’t on campus this year. I know the kid from Huffman had a rough game against HF but he is a very good player also. 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

In the final three minutes, HJ also played without their starting post.

6 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Their backcourt won’t be better than HJ’s unless there are some new pieces to the puzzle . They also won’t have the best player in the district unless he wasn’t on campus this year. I know the kid from Huffman had a rough game against HF but he is a very good player also. 

I saw that game, he wasn't impressive at all when pressure applied. Most shooters are zone defense players and can't handle man to man. HF will have the best player in the district hands down next year, if not 2 or 3. They have a JV player that I believe will average a double double next year. Their PG will be probably be one of the tops in the district and they have a kid coming that is one of the best in the state.  He's been at a charter school the past few years due to his dad being the coach there. His family lives in Cheeks

4 minutes ago, catfever said:

So what happens when a bigger school comes knocking on Coach Rideaux’s door with more money? Does the coach stay or go? If the coach leaves, do those “new additions” leave also?

Why would he leave? His core group are sophomores. Also those kids live in the district so they would be there regardless. I think winning is more important then money for this coach.