MARCUS GRAHAM HIRED AS BEAUMONT UNITED FOOTBALL COACH!

2wedge

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I really hope he's not stuck with pieces from the last regime that obviously didn't work, BISD needs to let this guy bring in his own staff. 

I think that was what the delay was.  Word on the street is he will be allowed to bring some of his guys in.  We can only speculate at this point...

Don't know what to think about this hiring. I'm not impressed. Gonna have to give him a chance though. It reminds me of the way they hired Central coaches (through the homeboy network). Based on BU history, he can only go up. Time will tell.

BISD  used coaches that weren't full time employees. In the past there were pt coaches used at the high school level (check the news) and there are some current volunteer coaches at middle school.

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Wow.

Can anybody imagine the response on the Reservation if PNG admin signed a dude that was most recently 0-30, alum or not?  BISD is still a dumpster fire. 

I take back all of the bad things I've ever said about kids transferring out of BISD for Silsbee or whatever.  

Really?  I think West Brook is a part of BISD and they do quite well.  I wouldn't call that a dumpster fire.  Now time will tell on thia new coach.  But overall football in BISD is not a dumpster fire.  But, would BC beat either squad? 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Really?  I think West Brook is a part of BISD and they do quite well.  I wouldn't call that a dumpster fire.  Now time will tell on thia new coach.  But overall football in BISD is not a dumpster fire.  But, would BC beat either squad? 

In standardized testing? Yes....Without our calculators. 

If we had your enrollment, I have no doubt that we would pin your kids’ ears back, just like your old 5A D2 district did. 

Serious question... how have y’all historically done so little with so much talent? I think y’all had nine kids get scholarships last year and two wins to show for it? I’d like to think it’s an aberration (noun... a departure from what is normal, usual or expected), but history indicates clearly that this is nothing new. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

In standardized testing? Yes....Without our calculators. 

If we had your enrollment, I have no doubt that we would pin your kids’ ears back, just like your old 5A D2 district did. 

Serious question... how have y’all historically done so little with so much talent? I think y’all had nine kids get scholarships last year and two wins to show for it? I’d like to think it’s an aberration (noun... a departure from what is normal, usual or expected), but history indicates clearly that this is nothing new. 

Uhhh...  FOOTBALL is what were talking about.  

'What if'...  I don't play the what if game, sorry.  All I know is if BISD a good football is a dumpster fire, then surely either your school is setting the world in fire on the football (in their class and district) or they should be able to beat the teams of the district that's a dumpster fire.  Neither one pertains to this instance.  What's the old saying? Stay in your lane.

The serious question.  Is this pertaining to BISD schools or United?  As a district, West Brook just made it one possession. From WInning the title 2 years ago.  Wouldn't call that so little.  Many kids have gotten scholarships.  United has only been open 2 years.  What did you expect to happen?  We've gotten just as many playoff appearances during their existence as BC's gotten since 2016...

Anyway, back on topic.  I Think everything will work out.  This guy he experience.  He has a reason to stay since he's a hometown guy.  He's tasted playoff success and probably ha a good network going with coaches.  The !pat important thing is he was under one of the best coaches in the state.  That along with a weak bottom rung  of district and the athletes he'll have at his disposal, I think he'll do fine...

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Uhhh...  FOOTBALL is what were talking about.  

'What if'...  I don't play the what if game, sorry.  All I know is if BISD a good football is a dumpster fire, then surely either your school is setting the world in fire on the football (in their class and district) or they should be able to beat the teams of the district that's a dumpster fire.  Neither one pertains to this instance.  What's the old saying? Stay in your lane.

The serious question.  Is this pertaining to BISD schools or United?  As a district, West Brook just made it one possession. From WInning the title 2 years ago.  Wouldn't call that so little.  Many kids have gotten scholarships.  United has only been open 2 years.  What did you expect to happen?  We've gotten just as many playoff appearances during their existence as BC's gotten since 2016...

Ummmm.... I think that was the “what if” game you were playing when you asked if we could beat either of those much, much larger schools in BISD. 

And this topic was about the search for a new coach, not football in particular. 

My problem is this... West Brook has had modest success while Central, Ozen, and now United have been sucking hind tit for a lot longer than two years. If you’d like to compare any of those three schools all-time records to ours, I’m game. 

The amazing thing is that those BISD schools I mentioned have had tons and tons of talented athletes, the likes of which BC has not.  So.... you start doing the math. You guys have tons of talent, but no success.  The key missing ingredient is coaching, IMO.  The initial hire at BU was underwhelming to say the least... then they turn around and hire a guy that sporting a modest 0-30 record as a head coach.  

The dumpster fire that I speak of is BISD administration.  The lack of success in football (aside from West Brook) is just a product of that dysfunction.  

I’m not dogging the kids at BU or the program itself. From the outside looking in it appears that they are literally being set up to fail by administration.  

Someone please get Soulja to change that damn keyboard on his phone/mobile device, im tired of trying. Starting to think he was behind the SNOOKS account on here several years ago, lawd knows that account misspelled some words 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

Will United hold any secret Spring Football stuff? Inquiring minds wanna know

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Someone please get Soulja to change that damn keyboard on his phone/mobile device, im tired of trying. Starting to think he was behind the SNOOKS account on here several years ago, lawd knows that account misspelled some words 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

Will United hold any secret Spring Football stuff? Inquiring minds wanna know

The plan is to have spring practice and game.  At least that was the plan prior to the A.L. retirement and Hire of Coach Graham.  Also, no need for the spring game to be 'secret'.  Lol

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The plan is to have spring practice and game.  At least that was the plan prior to the A.L. retirement and Hire of Coach Graham.  Also, no need for the spring game to be 'secret'.  Lol

Tell that to them pup........know what, nevermind. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

My problem is this... West Brook has had modest success while Central, Ozen, and now United have been sucking hind tit for a lot longer than two years. If you’d like to compare any of those three schools all-time records to ours, I’m game.

Central: 185-150-3 (.552)

Bridge City: 313-324-11 (.488)

Ozen: 93-115 (.447)

United: 7-13 (.350)

13 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Central: 185-150-3 (.552)

Bridge City: 313-324-11 (.488)

Ozen: 93-115 (.447)

United: 7-13 (.350)

So.... We've got a better record than all but one of the schools I've mentioned, and a state championship as well.  

And we've never even come close to having a fraction of the talent that walks around those campuses. 

You've made my case for me.  Thank you, kind Sir. 

We haven't had any Tony Browns or Calvin Tylers over here, if you know what I mean.  

But I can also say that as a baseball first, "run decent football coaches out of town" kinda school.... we still wouldn't hire a guy that was 0-30.

Not only have you never even come close to having a fraction of the talent, you have never played teams with that kind of talent. We compete against teams with the same talent level. BC is good at what they do on their level. Every coach says "if I had talent. . ." Very few schools came move up and be competitive. WOS being the exception.

1 minute ago, 87JAG said:

Not only have you never even come close to having a fraction of the talent, you have never played teams with that kind of talent. We compete against teams with the same talent level. BC is good at what they do on their level. Every coach says "if I had talent. . ." Very few schools came move up and be competitive. WOS being the exception.

You realize that we play WOS pretty much every year, right?  We have also squared up with talented squads like Newton and Silsbee... and occassionally (but not often) we're competitive.   So we do play teams with talent... a lot of times we're facing much more athletically talented squads.

The whole reason that this thing veered so far off of topic is that I was questioning BISD's selection for the new head coach at BU and somebody started with the "would BC beat either squad?"  No, and we'd kick all of the crap out of High Island in our worst year.  Same difference... and it's okay.  

Like I said... there are a lot of talented kids that play(ed) for Ozen, Central, and now BU that I feel are being cheated out of an opportunity to succeed by another puzzling hiring decision by BISD admins.  It's nothing new. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

So.... We've got a better record than all but one of the schools I've mentioned, and a state championship as well.  

And we've never even come close to having a fraction of the talent that walks around those campuses. 

You've made my case for me.  Thank you, kind Sir. 

We haven't had any Tony Browns or Calvin Tylers over here, if you know what I mean.  

But I can also say that as a baseball first, "run decent football coaches out of town" kinda school.... we still wouldn't hire a guy that was 0-30.

ZING!!