MARCUS GRAHAM HIRED AS BEAUMONT UNITED FOOTBALL COACH!

2wedge

55 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nope. He was instructing the players which is a no no. Have to be an employee of the district in order to "coach" students.

The violation, according to the UIL Constitution, is for using a coach on staff that wasn’t a full-time employee of the district.

5 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Marcus Graham is a good coach.....he did some good things at El Paso Burges and then took on an impossible situation at El Paso Socorro....not sure Belichick would win there...

Not according to his record! You are what your record says you are. And he was losing games before he got Socorro.

I'll take the wait and see approach.  All is speculation right now as to who the finalist are, but as far a Graham goes,  I know he's better than the current DC from West Brook and I'm hearing it won't be him.  I also know that El Paso area in general is not really good at football and really don't produce the athletes you see in abundance here in SETX and Houston area.  He had a string of 3 pretty good season in El Paso, then I believe he switched to another EP school and sucked.  I also know that same school, after Graham left, they put up another 0-10 season.  

Hopefully, If Graham is the guy, maybe he learned a great deal from Coach Samples (darn good coach) as an assistant there.  I'm also sure that Graham is a better coach than A.L.

Graham's record wasn't bad at Burges, very up and down but Burges is basically inner-city El Paso...very few resources to work with and talent can be very up and down....he took Socorro because it was a raise and his son was graduating but that was an impossible situation...

2010  EP Burges                 3-7-0
2011  EP Burges                 9-3-0 T
2012  EP Burges               10-3-0 R
2013  EP Burges                 3-7-0
2014  EP Burges                 1-9-0
2015  EP Burges                 7-5-0 T

2 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Graham's record wasn't bad at Burges, very up and down but Burges is basically inner-city El Paso...very few resources to work with and talent can be very up and down....he took Socorro because it was a raise and his son was graduating but that was an impossible situation...

2010  EP Burges                 3-7-0
2011  EP Burges                 9-3-0 T
2012  EP Burges               10-3-0 R
2013  EP Burges                 3-7-0
2014  EP Burges                 1-9-0
2015  EP Burges                 7-5-0 T

33-34!  I guess it all depends on where one sets the bar as to whether or not this a good record.  The last three years is, again, 0-30.  You coach it , you own it!

9 hours ago, Reagan said:

33-34!  I guess it all depends on where one sets the bar as to whether or not this a good record.  The last three years is, again, 0-30.  You coach it , you own it!

You own it, but anyone doing hiring or with any sense of the landscape of HS football on a statewide level knows some jobs are simply impossible to succeed at....Graham has clearly demonstrated he's capable of leading good teams...as much as we like to put importance on coaches, in the end you've got to have the personnel to compete...he'll have the personnel at United at the 5A level

3 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

You own it, but anyone doing hiring or with any sense of the landscape of HS football on a statewide level knows some jobs are simply impossible to succeed at....Graham has clearly demonstrated he's capable of leading good teams...as much as we like to put importance on coaches, in the end you've got to have the personnel to compete...he'll have the personnel at United at the 5A level

Matt, I wouldn't worry about Reagan.  He thinks that if his boyfriend, Art Briles, is not in the conversation, then BISD is making a major mistake.

I am not kidding, just ask him!