Lumberton 60 Bridge City 38/FINAL

WOSgrad

23 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

So BC started game with tech shots and made one (due to lumberton dunking after refs out) so after one Raiders up 13-1!!!

Had a friend from Ltown say, “A kid from Lumberton got a Tech dunking?  That has to be a first in Lumberton history.  They should have gave him a trophy”.   

To funny not to share.  😂🤣😂🤣😂

16 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Had a friend from Ltown say, “A kid from Lumberton got a Tech dunking?  That has to be a first in Lumberton history.  They should have gave him a trophy”.   

They’ve been dunking during warmups at halftime of the jv game all season lol. But yeah that happened last night 😂

33 minutes ago, Double_Dribble said:

Did the kid who dunked get ejected too?  He went to the locker room after the tech, then reappeared later sitting behind the team wearing street clothes?  

From what I was told coach sent him to the locker room because he had been telling them all season do not dunk during warmups before their game

1 hour ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

From what I was told coach sent him to the locker room because he had been telling them all season do not dunk during warmups before their game

That makes the most sense, I didn’t think that was an ejection technical.  I like to see a coach enforcing rules.  The refs were tech happy that night.  Lumberton Coach got a warning and had to sit most of the game, the BC coach got a tech, one BC player got a tech, and including the dunker 3 Lumberton boys got techs.  

40 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I think by rule the coach has to have the seat belt rule on any tech given, so I’m sure that is why he had to sit down. 

No, He was given the warning in game for coming to far out onto the floor.  Coach only has to sit if he or the bench is given a warning or a tech.  Not when a player receives one on the floor.  

4 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I just talked to my ref buddy he said if any player gets a tech the coach has to sit down, that’s coming from a guy that has ref for a long time.

My apologizes, you are correct.  In high school head coaches are restricted from using the coaching box following any technical.  In college coaching box limitation are based on the type of technical.  It now makes sense why the Lumberton AD came over by the bench to remind the coach to stay seated once.  Personally I think the dunk technical is outdated and don’t like the fact he lost the box because of it. 

On 2/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, Hagar said:

White men can jump... well I assume. Go Lumberton, give Silsbee a hard fought game Tuesday. Don’t let them take the district title without a fight.

5 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

White men can jump... well I assume. Go Lumberton, give Silsbee a hard fought game Tuesday. Don’t let them take the district title without a fight.

Lol, some can.   I’d like to see Ltown play well.  All about matchups I guess.  Ltown B-Slaps HF twice.  HF beats Silsbee & HJ back to back.  Go figure.

Would have a guy making point spreads howl at the moon 😂🤣😂

On 2/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I just talked to my ref buddy he said if any player gets a tech the coach has to sit down, that’s coming from a guy that has ref for a long time.

I’m not saying this isn’t a rule but if it is then it’s one that’s not enforced. I haven’t seen but 3 technicals given this year, 2 on coaches and none where this ruling was enforced.