Hardin-Jefferson 69 Silsbee 66/FINAL

WOSgrad

54 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I wouldn't doubt it the way things are going.

Hope certain things I'm hearing about this Silsbee team and some of its players aren't true.

It’s always something with a certain player If he wanna quit he needs to quit nobody fault he can’t show up in big games so it’s not surprising just per jealousy and it’s obvious 

2 hours ago, kingjames said:

It’s always something with a certain player If he wanna quit he needs to quit nobody fault he can’t show up in big games so it’s not surprising just per jealousy and it’s obvious 

If you’re talking about who I think you’re talking about jealousy has NOTHING to do with it. 

10 hours ago, ST413 said:

Congratulations hawks on a well deserved win.  I thought Bush oops I mean theTigers were going to steal it for a moment.  Difference tonight in my eyes was the Hawks 3 pt shooting in the first half and the Tigers having only a one man show no support.  

To those who think Silsbee would have won if Bush had more "help", give this some thought.  Silsbee had a certain number of possessions.  Bush took the vast majority of the shots and was amazingly efficient with those shots.  If he had had some "help' from the three point line ( someone else shooting some of the shots he took) I am pretty sure that the team three point percentage would have declined.    I also would have loved to have some of his free throws attempts replaced by "helpers".  Based upon his offensive efficiency, my guess is that having more "help" would have made the final score spread wider.

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

To those who think Silsbee would have won if Bush had more "help", give this some thought.  Silsbee had a certain number of possessions.  Bush took the vast majority of the shots and was amazingly efficient with those shots.  If he had had some "help' from the three point line ( someone else shooting some of the shots he took) I am pretty sure that the team three point percentage would have declined.    I also would have loved to have some of his free throws attempts replaced by "helpers".  Based upon his offensive efficiency, my guess is that having more "help" would have made the final score spread wider.

If they had taken away from his shots I’d the key there.  He wasn’t the only one who took shots....so if anyone else would have made 1 of their 3s they shot or any combination of other shots then the game would have at least gone into OT.  You can play the if anyway you like.  The bottom line is we lost.  We needed at least 3 more points to force the issue into OT.  I have no problem with Bush’s shots but we needed more productivity from what the others took or he should have just taken every shot...and we all know that’s not a good option.  

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

If they had taken away from his shots I’d the key there.  He wasn’t the only one who took shots....so if anyone else would have made 1 of their 3s they shot or any combination of other shots then the game would have at least gone into OT.  You can play the if anyway you like.  The bottom line is we lost.  We needed at least 3 more points to force the issue into OT.  I have no problem with Bush’s shots but we needed more productivity from what the others took or he should have just taken every shot...and we all know that’s not a good option.  

As per the emboldened;  That statement applies to HJ as well.   In the what if area, when the game was played at Silsbee, HJ shoots 30% from the free throw line.   An average/normal percentage would have  hypothetically provided a victory.  When one player is taking the bulk of the team shot attempts, it is difficult for the others to get in a rhythm and be more productive.

Just now, stevenash said:

As per the emboldened;  That statement applies to HJ as well.   In the what if area, when the game was played at Silsbee, HJ shoots 30% from the free throw line.   An average/normal percentage would have  hypothetically provided a victory.  When one player is taking the bulk of the team shot attempts, it is difficult for the others to get in a rhythm and be more productive.

Like I said you can play the ifs any way you like... I am not concerned with what HJ did they win the game played great yes if they hit more shots would have won by more etc.  we just needed a little help from another source...we normally have Brae shooting the majority of the shots but normally someone else hits a few.  Didn’t happen last night and haven’t As much lately.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Like I said you can play the ifs any way you like... I am not concerned with what HJ did they win the game played great yes if they hit more shots would have won by more etc.  we just needed a little help from another source...we normally have Brae shooting the majority of the shots but normally someone else hits a few.  Didn’t happen last night and haven’t As much lately.

It was clear last night that Bush was going to have to put the Silsbee club on his back. Just exactly like the game in Silsbee the home team had a chance to run away with the ballgame in the middle of the 3rd. HJ went up by 12 but Silsbee went on a 10-0 run. I’ve said it all year but I’ll say it again, this may be the most unselfish team I’ve ever seen! 

44 minutes ago, whsalum said:

It was clear last night that Bush was going to have to put the Silsbee club on his back. Just exactly like the game in Silsbee the home team had a chance to run away with the ballgame in the middle of the 3rd. HJ went up by 12 but Silsbee went on a 10-0 run. I’ve said it all year but I’ll say it again, this may be the most unselfish team I’ve ever seen! 

Exactly and he almost pulled it off....amazing feat for someone his size especially.  

3 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

If you’re talking about who I think you’re talking about jealousy has NOTHING to do with 

Something ain't right with a few of these kids. It may just be mainly one player or not.

Hearing this team is selfish and kids don't want to play their roles. Some are even jealous of Bush, which is pathetic if true.

I'm glad Silsbee will be starting over next year with an almost totally new bunch.

23 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Something ain't right with a few of these kids. It may just be mainly one player or not.

Hearing this team is selfish and kids don't want to play their roles. Some are even jealous of Bush, which is pathetic if true.

I'm glad Silsbee will be starting over next year with an almost totally new bunch.

Oh it’s definitely true but that’s taught at home 

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Bush finished with 49 and a school record 11 three pointers.

First time Silsbee has lost back to back district games since '04.

First 2 loss district season since '07.

Silsbee has now won 18 of the last 22 against HJ.

And it's nice to know that some things never change. HJ still has some sensitive peeps. ;)

I’m curious, do you know how many attempts Bush had on the night, this kid is an incredible player.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Part of it is they are feeding off the success of Adams and McCain, now that they aren't there, they have to play their role, but it they just wanted the limelight, not to work. 

Martin is a heckuva player as well. Sometimes shots don’t fall but he always gives everything he has. With all the distractions the Tigers has early in the year it kinda makes ya wonder if they were all on board. One question for the Tiger fans, why doesn’t Silsbee ever have a Freshman club? 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

Martin is a heckuva player as well. Sometimes shots don’t fall but he always gives everything he has. With all the distractions the Tigers has early in the year it kinda makes ya wonder if they were all on board. One question for the Tiger fans, why doesn’t Silsbee ever have a Freshman club? 

Silsbee had a freshman club last year. They had a full squad of 12 + kids at first. After grades came in, they played with a roster of only 6 kids for the remainder of the season. Same thing happened to JV last year. They lost 5 or 6 players from the team. 

I'm assuming report cards were the main reason for losing so many kids. Some of that might also be players quitting and a few discipline issues also.

Not enough players to form a team would be the main reason, I would imagine. I don't think they'd want to try and compete if they were in a situation with a very small roster again. I watched the HJ/Silsbee freshman game last year when the Tigers only had 6 kids. It was ugly to say the least.