Hardin-Jefferson 69 Silsbee 66/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

Martin is a heckuva player as well. Sometimes shots don’t fall but he always gives everything he has. With all the distractions the Tigers has early in the year it kinda makes ya wonder if they were all on board. One question for the Tiger fans, why doesn’t Silsbee ever have a Freshman club? 

All are always in JV

Silsbee basketball can have down years. This would be a great year for most schools, but with past success, this is a down year. If we play Yates in the 3rd round we dont have a chance. If we play them in the Regional Finals, we dont have a chance. We need everyone to focus on defense. I heard Silsbee doesnt press anymore. Is this true? 

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee basketball can have down years. This would be a great year for most schools, but with past success, this is a down year. If we play Yates in the 3rd round we dont have a chance. If we play them in the Regional Finals, we dont have a chance. We need everyone to focus on defense. I heard Silsbee doesnt press anymore. Is this true? 

They pressed last night but HJ handles pressure really well. This isn’t necessarily a down year for Silsbee unless you compare it to state finalist clubs.

12 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

It will be the second round or regional finals...

30 minutes ago, stevenash said:

From my perspective, on any given night, any of the top 5 teams are capable of beating one another

Yea basically. And I think Silsbee fans are too discouraged about loosing a couple games. At the end of the day they still have a chance at winning district and even if they don’t they are still in the playoffs which means there’s still plenty hope. It ain’t over till it’s over 

I stated in pre season that it is possible that Silsbee does not come in 1st in district.  I was drowned out by others who didn't agree.  

If there is a positive to losing two district games, it should stop Silsbee players & fans from just assuming they're gonna win district without really playing hard.

You guys do know it isnt that serious I mean its just basketball. They lost a couple of games I mean I love the way Silsbee players and community feels about losing ,hell they truly care unlike others. . But on to the next game fix the mistakes and win the next one thats it. What they’ve accomplished the last 4-5 years wont be duplicated for a minute this comes in cycles every 7-10 yrs or so. Hell of run cant ever complain about that. And BRAY BUSH is the best to lace em up in the uniform PERIOD!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Mamba said:

You guys do know it isnt that serious I mean its just basketball. They lost a couple of games I mean I love the way Silsbee players and community feels about losing ,hell they truly care unlike others. . But on to the next game fix the mistakes and win the next one thats it. What they’ve accomplished the last 4-5 years wont be duplicated for a minute this comes in cycles every 7-10 yrs or so. Hell of run cant ever complain about that. And BRAY BUSH is the best to lace em up in the uniform PERIOD!!!!!

He is certainly up there.

Darryl "Boogaloo" McArthur was a pretty special player too. McDonald's AA and he played in the era of no three point line. Averaged 29 points his senior season and it was his career points total record whom Bush broke. Had there been a 3 line, Boog would have definitely scored more.

McArthur was unstoppable at times, just like Bush has been.

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

He is certainly up there.

Darryl "Boogaloo" McArthur was a pretty special player too. McDonald's AA and he played in the era of no three point line. Averaged 29 points his senior season and it was his career points total record whom Bush broke. Had there been a 3 line, Boog would have definitely scored more.

McArthur was unstoppable at times, just like Bush has been.

May be true but we have to go by what is current ,Bray has shattered the record and I highly doubt anyone else will break it anytime soon. And he's only 5’7 which by far is super impressive!!!!!

Sorry so late with stats

Score by quarters

1                    2                       3                   4                   tot

Silsbee                        12                  16                     19                 19                 66

HJ                                21                  15                     15                 18                 69

Team stats

FT

SIL            11/17    65%

HJ              6/12     50%

3 Point

SIL               13/46    28%

HJ                 7/24     29%

Rebounds

SIL                 34

HJ                 42

Turnovers

SIL                21

HJ                23

Fouls

SIL               17

HJ                18

Individual scoring

Silsbee

Bray Bush                            49 (11 three's, 6/7 FT)

Chris Martin                        10 (11 rebounds)

Shan Gilder                           4 (1/6 three's)

Raymond Baltrip                  2

Jayron Williams                   1

Hardin-Jefferson

Baxter Wirth                       15

Jaysten Davis                    14 (11 in 1st half, 4 three's)

Austin Samaha                  14 (10 rebounds)

Jaiden Porter                     13 (11 in 2nd half)

RJ Sears                               6

Aron Alchtar                        3

Michael McIntosh              2

Trevon White                      2

Individual scoring comparison of both games

1st gm                2nd gm

Silsbee                                  68                          66

Bush                                     31                          49

Martin                                   19                         10

Cartwright                            12                           0

Gilder                                     0                            4

Baltrip                                    3                            2

Harper                                   2                            0

Edwards                                1                            0

Williams                                0                             1

Hardin-Jefferson                 65                        69

Wirth                                      18                        15

Porter                                     14                        13

Davis                                       2                         14

Samaha                                  6                         14

Sears                                      9                           6

Ogle                                        7                           0

Alchtar                                   3                           3

White                                     5                            2

McIntosh                               0                           2

Moore                                    1                            0

FT shooting

Silsbee                              10/22 45%            11/17 65%

HJ                                      5/14   36%             6/12  50%

3 pointers made

Silsbee                               8                              13

HJ                                       6                                7

This whole discussion is stupid. HJ played well and won. Bush made 11 of 23 three point shots... the rest of the team made 2 of 15.  He hit for 49... Martin added 10 and the two guys who normally are the next two high scorers combined to shot 1 of 16 from the field. Who do you want shooting. Fifty years ago I played in a game in a far-a-way place where a guy hit for 66 against us. Our team won 76-74. I don't remember the names of any of the other guys on the opponents team but I remember the name of the guy who hit for 66, Philip Jennings. They kept feeding him the ball and he kept shooting. If Silsbee is smart they will keep feeding Bush.

This game wasn’t much different in a lot of ways than the first one as far a Silsbee goes. They have 3 scoring threats and in this one one of those threats didn’t score. Foul trouble hampered the Hawks in the first game at the post position, this time around HJ’s post play won the battle in the paint. 

21 hours ago, Broncos2447 said:

Part of it is they are feeding off the success of Adams and McCain, now that they aren't there, they have to play their role, but it they just wanted the limelight, not to work. 

Nobody want to have their high school career as a screener passer rebounder to one guy on a team. 

But hey yall said I was silly when i said HJ was beating Silsbee months ago. Yall quoted me after the HJ loss at Silsbee. Nobody Quoting me now though. I said 9 pts I think so the forum bullies still covered. 

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

whats Going on with Cartwright?  I see he has an offer. Was also told he is hardly ever at school. 

ask yourself this how is Kdrian Cartwright beneficial to my day to day living? Keep your mouth off my child ...and i am more than available to meet with you so you can express your concerns face to face ... ready when you are