Hardin-Jefferson 69 Silsbee 66/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Keeping the light on that we (Yates) play Silsbee in Huntsville. Bush finished with almost 50 pts. Yates average 30 pts a qtr. It’s going to be a fun game against Silsbee when we hook up 

Fun for Yates at least.

Man it pisses me off to see Bush give these efforts and the team still loses.

4 minutes ago, The Lake said:

I agree, these numbers literally show up before and after every game between HJ and Silsbee no matter who wins lol. I predict next season HJ will win the series and have 2 wins in a row against the Tigers.

I’m hoping they schedule a game since they won’t be in the same district 

Bush finished with 49 and a school record 11 three pointers.

First time Silsbee has lost back to back district games since '04.

First 2 loss district season since '07.

Silsbee has now won 18 of the last 22 against HJ.

And it's nice to know that some things never change. HJ still has some sensitive peeps. ;)

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

And it's nice to know that some things never change. HJ still has some sensitive peeps. ;)

smLoke town. 

Just now, undiscovered said:

Is this message board dying or what?? HJ beats Silsbee to win district for the first time in a while and its eerily quiet on here... 

There’s still business that needs to be taken care of Friday night for HJ to win district.  Plus Silsbee still has two more district games.  

35 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

49pts and the rest of the team 17?? Come on fellas. 

My thoughts exactly.  But more towards the Hawks D.  How do we give up 49 to 1 player.  Don’t get me wrong, Coach Davis is way above my basketball IQ and I’m not questioning the game plan.  Just hard to see 1 player go off.  But Bush is a hell of a player!  Good luck to both teams going forward.  Would love to see a rematch in Huntsville.

1 minute ago, 86hawk said:

My thoughts exactly.  But more towards the Hawks D.  How do we give up 49 to 1 player.  Don’t get me wrong, Coach Davis is way above my basketball IQ and I’m not questioning the game plan.  Just hard to see 1 player go off.  But Bush is a hell of a player!  Good luck to both teams going forward.  Would love to see a rematch in Huntsville.

All they had to do was stop everyone else. It worked.

3 minutes ago, 86hawk said:

Bush is going to get his, so just don't let the rest of them beat you. Looks like it worked out tonight.

I think Bush made 22 of the Tigers first 31 points and 27 of the Tigers last 35. HJ did a great job tonight. Now Silsbee must find a way to win their last two games and hope Hamshire can upset the Hawks. To be honest I think it might be easier to beat Yates early in the playoffs that in the regional finals. They have been playing some weak teams and it might be good to get them before they get used to tougher competition. It is a long shot to beat them anyway. I was glad to see Williams play as much as he did and to see Jones come in for him. Harper appears to play excellent defense to me. Someone besides Bush has to develop an offensive threat. 

Several things stood out tonight . The Hawks shot the 3 ball much better than they did in the first round and they got great post play tonight. I still say Bush is the best player in SE Texas. The key tonight though has been the Hawks strength all season and that's depth. The Hawks went 11 deep tonight with no significant drop off. Congrats on the "W" HJ now we need to take care of business Friday.

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nah, not at all.  Sometimes a joke is just a joke.  

30 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

HJ won.   What do they have to be sensitive about??

No big secret right now on how to defend my tigers.  Have someone or two all over Brae and clog the lane.  Force others to hit those outside shots.  When we hit them we open  the lane back up and more contributors.  When we dont we have nights like tonight.  Hj played good defense and stopped the penetration. I like seeing the 3 freshman get some good minutes tonight.  Always like Harpers defense but liked seeing the 2 big guys playing some as well.  Would really like to see HF pull off the win friday and my Tigers take care of business and get that 3rd game not just for the obvious reasons but more so just because these 2 games have been so much fun to watch.

Just a quick congrats to Coach Davis and the Hawk basketball team. They definitely earned that victory tonight. Well done.

I am busy collecting scores for the site. I will post stats and my thoughts on this game tomorrow.

Again, congrats to Hardin-Jefferson and thank you HJISD and Coach Clay Davis for the hospitality.

1 hour ago, 86hawk said:

Very similar to when Grayland Arnold dropped 40 something on Tatum in the playoffs around 2015? but Tatum won. Talking to a Tatum alum recently about that game he said the game plan was to shut everyone else down and just let Grayland do his thing. Sounds like a good game plan against Bush and the tigers as well.  Either way, sounds like an exciting game. Congrats to HJ.