BI-DISTRICT PLAYOFF MATCHUPS/POST INFO HERE!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

2/14/2019

United v. North Shore 

Seeding game

@ LaPorte HS, 7:00 pm.

Interesting, the winner will be awarded the District championship I assume. Otherwise playing a seeding game to determine  playing a team with a district record of  11-5 or 12-4 has its risks considering Northshore is a rivalry game..jmo 

11 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Interesting, the winner will be awarded the District championship I assume. Otherwise playing a seeding game to determine  playing a team with a district record of  11-5 or 12-4 has its risks considering Northshore is a rivalry game..jmo 

It's funny.  I was always under the impression that if you have a tie for 1st, no matter what happens, it CO-district champs and the play in game is ONLY  for seeding and first round playoff opponent.  However, I have gotten word from someone who's talked to both Coach Brown and Coach Campbell that this is indeed for the outright district championship.  So now, I'm a bit confused now.  I guess until otherwise stated, for now, this is a seeding ONLY game.  

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's funny.  I was always under the impression that if you have a tie for 1st, no matter what happens, it CO-district champs and the play in game is ONLY  for seeding and first round playoff opponent.  However, I have gotten word from someone who's talked to both Coach Brown and Coach Campbell that this is indeed for the outright district championship.  So now, I'm a bit confused now.  I guess until otherwise stated, for now, this is a seeding ONLY game.  

You are correct by rule teams that are tied at the end of regular season shall be considered Co-district champions, normally any game played is for seeding purposes.

However somewhere in those rules if both coaches agree the winner can be declared District champions. That gray area is a mystery. If you find it share it....