Silsbee @ HJ

The Lake

Well I don’t know if I would call this even basically the district championship at this point.  Both teams have games left against opponents that gave them all they wanted and then some in the first round.  But this game sure gives a big advantage to the winner.  From what I have seen of my Tigers in a couple games lately and that first HJ game, I would have to give the edga at home to HJ.  The Tigers have the ability to go out and win but have to play together and smarter than they have at times recently.

The first game should have never came down to a last second shot. Silsbee missed easy put backs and lay ups that would have helped them keep that 10 point cushion they had built in the 4th. That and they had some really uncharacteristic turnovers. 

Still, if they're not on their A + game tomorrow, they'll likely lose.

For the love of God, I hope HJ doesn't get away with running the same offensive play over and over like HF did Friday.

I predict a 15 point win for the Hawks.  

HJ will have a small lead in the middle of the 4th and Silsbee will get desperate and start taking chances and it won't work and HJ will pull away in the closing two and a half minutes.

You asked for predictions so there it is.  

It's what happened last year against Yates and it's what happened Friday against HF.

And the winner of 22 4A will make it to Huntsville.

39 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

The first game should have never came down to a last second shot. Silsbee missed easy put backs and lay ups that would have helped them keep that 10 point cushion they had built in the 4th. That and they had some really uncharacteristic turnovers. 

Still, if they're not on their A + game tomorrow, they'll likely lose.

For the love of God, I hope HJ doesn't get away with running the same offensive play over and over like HF did Friday.

And HJ shot 30% from the free throw line

2 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee takes it .... Bush Is ready for this game.. Could get nasty if his on fire tomorrow.. You never know what he might put up..

He'll get his 30, because he's just that phenomenal but they will double him and there's only so much he can do.  The formula is well developed by the better coaches in the district.

57 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I predict a 15 point win for the Hawks.  

HJ will have a small lead in the middle of the 4th and Silsbee will get desperate and start taking chances and it won't work and HJ will pull away in the closing two and a half minutes.

You asked for predictions so there it is.  

It's what happened last year against Yates and it's what happened Friday against HF.

And the winner of 22 4A will make it to Huntsville.

👍🏿

@JimThorpe, you said this a few weeks ago :

'It's interesting that this 4A game gets more attention than the local 5A and 6A games?  And we've got the No. 9 and 10 ranked 6A schools and the No. 5 ranked 5A school but threads for those teams just don't draw the same interest as this little 4A thing does. '

With the interesting turn of events, I'm sure this big ol 6a showdown tomorrow night at United gym will be garnering more attention than the 'little 4a thing'  did.  

Toodles!  ✌🏾🏾🏾🏾

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

@JimThorpe, you said this a few weeks ago :

'It's interesting that this 4A game gets more attention than the local 5A and 6A games?  And we've got the No. 9 and 10 ranked 6A schools and the No. 5 ranked 5A school but threads for those teams just don't draw the same interest as this little 4A thing does. '

With the interesting turn of events, I'm sure this big ol 6a showdown tomorrow night at United gym will be garnering more attention than the 'little 4a thing'  did.  

Toodles!  ✌🏾🏾🏾🏾

So what are you going to do? Make 20-25 posts yourself on the game thread so that it rivals the "little 4A thing"?

I will just say this, the number of listeners in the broadcast I did for United/West Brook were not even half of what listened to Silsbee/HJ. I promoted both broadcast equally.

35 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So what are you going to do? Make 20-25 posts yourself on the game thread so that it rivals the "little 4A thing"?

I will just say this, the number of listeners in the broadcast I did for United/West Brook were not even half of what listened to Silsbee/HJ. I promoted both broadcast equally.

Statewide attention.   AND he conveniently didn't reply to my rebuttal, so...  well, lots of attention will be on this game Vs a team on a 2 game losing streak that probably won't win their district.  But this was geared toward him,  not you.  He made the snarky comment..😁

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Statewide attention.   AND he conveniently didn't reply to my rebuttal, so...  well, lots of attention will be on this game Vs a team on a 2 game losing streak that probably won't win their district.  But this was geared toward him,  not you.  He made the snarky comment..😁

But he was talking about game threads on here. The game thread for United/NS the first time didn't even make one complete page. That's what he was talking about.

Silsbee wasn't on a two game losing streak up to that game thread.

BTW, Silsbee lost their first 6 games of the season, but still garnered a lot of interest and attention on here.

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But he was talking about game threads on here. The game thread for United/NS the first time didn't even make one complete page. That's what he was talking about.

Silsbee wasn't on a two game losing streak up to that game thread.

BTW, Silsbee lost their first 6 games of the season, but still garnered a lot of interest and attention on here.

Silsbee garnering attention on this site is pretty much expected when the voice of SETX Sports  (best play by play guy in the business,  IMO) broadcasts all the Silsbee games for over a decade now.  However, the game tomorrow night, just like the one in North Shore will be packed and hyped and like I mentioned in my previous post, statewide attention will be on this game.