OK -- My Thought On Why The United States Postal Service Is Allowed To Lose Billions And Billions Every Year!

Reagan

On 2/8/2020 at 7:13 AM, Reagan said:

The reason that I have heard -- is the United States Postal Service has become nothing more than a jobs program for minorities!

Where’d you hear that? You sound like you’re namesake’s infamous “Pink Cadillac welfare moms” statement. You got employment records to back you up? 

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

Where’d you hear that? You sound like you’re namesake’s infamous “Pink Cadillac welfare moms” statement. You got employment records to back you up? 

Go back and read my original post "Make Up Of The United States Postal Service"."  I wanted input concerning this question before I made the last statement.  But, on the other hand, can you say my  accusation is not true?

• 1 month later...

Post service bankrupted by summer?  If it's this bad off -- why not let it and then restructure it into a lean machine that can compete with teh private sector business' like Fed Ex and UPS.  Unless -- all it is now is what I've stated it is...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241470831.html

• 5 weeks later...

The USPS loses money because they are not a profit making enterprise. They aren’t intended to be. They are a taxpayer based and constitutionally guaranteed means of communication. It is silly to compare them to FedEx of UPS. Right now a first class stamp to anywhere in this country is 55 cents. For that price you can send a letter to Guam which is part of the USA. 

FedEx will send the same letter from Houston to Detroit..   for $15. 

The USPS could raise their rates. Grandma who pays all of her bills by mail on fixed income can hardly afford $150 a month just for postage off 10 bills. So it is a taxpayer funded delivery system. Trump says to raise their rates. Yes that would work. Wait for the outcry from those that spend on the mail to live. They wouldn’t have to raise it to UPS prices. Maybe just $4 to mail a letter. If that is what the people want to mail a letter....

Last year the USPS lost 8.8 billion. That comes out to 1/5 of 1%. If a person paid $20,000 in income tax last year, he/she put $40 of that into the USPS. So if they raised their rates to make a profit, that person saves $40 in income tax. If you didn’t pay $20,000 in income taxes, you paid in less. 

i don’t mail anything anymore. I think I paid not quite $20k in taxes. I am not worried about getting another $35 or so back on my taxes. If it was fun more efficiently maybe I could only post in $20 more in taxes instead of $35. 

Either way, it doesn’t make sense to compare the USPS to a billion dollar for profit industry. 

No, I don’t work for the postal service, none of my family ever has and to my knowledge, none of my friends. 

The problem from my perspective is, the taxpayer funded system is continually way over its budget and doesnt worry about it because it is accountable to no-one and operates on the theory that it can simply write a check to cover the last one it wrote.  If I knew that I could buy a Bently GT and someone else would have to pay for it,  I would be much more inclined to do so than I would based upon my budget and income stream.  If they repeatedly go bankrupt ( or its equivalent) and repeat that process over and over, Grandma and essentially everyone else will wind up paying it  ( not physically but simply in additional debt being passed on from Grandma to her offspring  in the future).  I am all for the Postal Service being a not for profit organization but I do not support it being an inefficient unlimited spending/debt generator.  Once again, market forces never force the Postal Service to alter its spending behavior, which, ostensibly promotes behavior/conduct in the opposite direction.  I am not making the case  to be mean to grandma but, rather, to impose greater accountability on the Postal Service.  Additionally, this is far from the first time the post office has been next to "bankruptcy".  It has happened many times in the past but, as previously mentioned," a check for a bounced check is accepted".

On 2/10/2020 at 12:33 PM, stevenash said:

According to the left, he doesn't need any records to back him up.  All he has to do is make the allegation( based upon third and fourth hand information) and an "investigation" should follow.

Kinda some of like some idiot making up unproven drug remedies for corona virus. And also telling his sheeple to use disinfectant and calling it sarcasm.

20 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Kinda some of like some idiot making up unproven drug remedies for corona virus. And also telling his sheeple to use disinfectant and calling it sarcasm.

Please name the person who is making up unproven remedies. 

23 minutes ago, new tobie said:

One can take anything they want out of context and then try ( however pitifully it might be) use it to their advantage.  The question is who believes you and who doesnt.  From  my perspective, the biggest sheepie comment ever made was " the Benghazi attack was caused by an internet video"

Newtobie, will you please keep track of the number of deaths caused by disinfectant?  I am sure you gave your allegation a lot of deep thought and will be prepared to substantiate said allegation with some numbers.   When you get a  final tally, we can further discuss how right you were.

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

Trump was joking but let’s be honest. He has to be careful what he says in jest because he is addressing a generation of Tide Pod eaters and eclipse viewers who put sunscreen in their eyes to keep from burning them. But hey, jump on Trump for a joke.

How do you feel about Biden’s sexual assault accusations? That’s what I thought........crickets.....and you were so adamant about things Trump “said” about women. He never assaulted them. What a two-face. But then you are a liberal. No conviction.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 12:21 PM, stevenash said:

Newtobie, will you please keep track of the number of deaths caused by disinfectant?  I am sure you gave your allegation a lot of deep thought and will be prepared to substantiate said allegation with some numbers.   When you get a  final tally, we can further discuss how right you were.

I don't take any advice from any politicians anyhow including the president , but some folks do.

• 2 months later...

From the article:  "The first USPS bailout shoveled $10 billion in aid from the CARES Act into the mail service and now the USPS is asking for $25 billion more. Recent economic strife cannot be blamed for the financial turmoil at the postal service, operations have long been problematic. The USPS has lost a

This is the hidden content, please
since 2007 which suggests there are serious structural problems with the USPS business model.  The Government Accountability Office
as “not financially sustainable.”"  So, the salient question is:  Why are we allowing this??

From the article:  "“There’s no way to give any money to the post office to make the post office redeemable. You cannot fix the post office unless you fix their labor problem. 80 percent of the cost of the post office is labor. About 50 percent of UPS’ cost are labor. And FedEx is about 38 percent.”"   WOW!!  The USPS is more inefficient than I thought.  But -- if it's true that they are allowed to rape the taxpayers ($78 Billion between 2007 and 2019) because this has become nothing more than a jobs program for minorities then, taxpayers, prepare yourselves to continue to be raped!  Also from the article:  "“Well, anybody who wants to give money to the post office, you might as well just put it into a big pile on your front lawn and burn it,”"