Hamshire-Fannett 72 Silsbee 65/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Like what you did there, its ok .smh. Moving the goalposts I see, its cool keep telling yourselves that its fine if they have “family ties” lol...

It’s not automatically ok if they have family ties. I don’t live in either of these communities and I don’t know the details of what goes on in these situations. I’m just looking in from the outside and revealing how it looks from my angle. It’s more believable that there was no foul play if there are family ties. When 4 kids transfer to the same school, neither of them are related to my knowledge, neither of them have previous ties to the community to my knowledge. The only thing they have in common is they’re all decent b-ball players and they all have a relationship with the new coach in this community that was never known for b-ball. Seems like they were recruited by the new coach for basketball. Not saying that can’t be the case for other situations in other communities but if that is the case in those situations it’s just less obvious 

17 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Hey what did UIL or the DC say about the kids who transferred in ?

And your right the UIL cleared the kids so I guess that’s that. I have no problem with the kids by the way. I am happy for them. I know it’s hard to get playing time on a team at one of those bigger schools. The coaches have a tough job choosing from all the talent they have available at those schools and sometimes they miss out on a “diamond in the rough”. I’m happy The the kids get to pursue their hoop dreams. I just think the coach is getting to much credit for being a great coach when he’s really a good recruiter. And I don’t think public schools are the place for recruiting athletes 

8 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

And your right the UIL cleared the kids so I guess that’s that. I have no problem with the kids by the way. I am happy for them. I know it’s hard to get playing time on a team at one of those bigger schools. The coaches have a tough job choosing from all the talent they have available at those schools and sometimes they miss out on a “diamond in the rough”. I’m happy The the kids get to pursue their hoop dreams. I just think the coach is getting to much credit for being a great coach when he’s really a good recruiter. And I don’t think public schools are the place for recruiting athletes 

So private schools can recruit but not public ..loll... ahhh ok ...For the last time these kids would’ve been on soph or jv at either Bmt school. For them to play on a varsity team not knowing how this would turn out is a testament to the coach . Stop trying to undermine what he’s done , he’s developed those kids I know every last one of the kids in question his teaching has taken their game to a whole other level. It’s a ton  of coaches who dont develop these kids just roll the ball out and say play. HF was dormant ,a black hole couldn’t keep a coach now they have one and ppl crying about transfers because they had HF as an easy win which is no more lace em up and get ready to play because they are coming whether some like it or not!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Mamba said:

So private schools can recruit but not public ..loll... ahhh ok ...For the last time these kids would’ve been on soph or jv at either Bmt school. For them to play on a varsity team not knowing how this would turn out is a testament to the coach . Stop trying to undermine what he’s done , he’s developed those kids I know every last one of the kids in question his teaching has taken their game to a whole other level. It’s a ton  of coaches who dont develop these kids just roll the ball and say play. HF was dormant a black hole. Couldn’t keep a coach now they have one and ppl crying about transfers because they had HF as an easy win which is no more lace em up and get ready to play because they are coming whether some like it or not!!!! 

Yes private schools or schools who compete against other schools allowed to recruit should be allowed to recruit. And being that he got all those transfers and still isn’t even in position to make the playoffs at this point he hasn’t done a great job COACHING in my opinion. Good recruiter though 

1 hour ago, Mamba said:

Sounds to me like grown men haters if it fits your narrative then its ok but when it doesn't you have a problem. If Tigee had a terrible season and their record was 8-25 none of you would have a thing to say . FYI relationships were established way before any of this So called recruitment stuff took place. Kids gravitate towards this man and if my son was still in school he would be playing for him. Wouldnt care if he had to sit out a year or whatever the case was . You really think he's the only coach in this area who has kids not from the community or recruiting as you say. Wheres the energy for the all the other schools I mentioned earlier like I said no comment on that huh . Go find a hobby or something instead of crying on a message board because you got beat 

So are you saying these kids would have transferred to Anahuac, Liberty, Woodville or any other school Tigee ended up being head coach? Why didn't they transfer to Lumberton when Tigee was assistant if it was about their prior relationship with him?

People should not include Silsbee in this recruiting trend going on. Silsbee has been dominating SETX in basketball for a long time with SILSBEE kids. Bigger schools that Silsbee should NEVER be able to play with. It is what we do from Silsbee and people really really hate that. On all levels!!! Name me 3 BASKETBALL players that have moved to Silsbee in HIGH SCHOOL to help them win in the last 10 years. 

40 minutes ago, Mamba said:

So private schools can recruit but not public ..loll... ahhh ok ...For the last time these kids would’ve been on soph or jv at either Bmt school. For them to play on a varsity team not knowing how this would turn out is a testament to the coach . Stop trying to undermine what he’s done , he’s developed those kids I know every last one of the kids in question his teaching has taken their game to a whole other level. It’s a ton  of coaches who dont develop these kids just roll the ball out and say play. HF was dormant ,a black hole couldn’t keep a coach now they have one and ppl crying about transfers because they had HF as an easy win which is no more lace em up and get ready to play because they are coming whether some like it or not!!!! 

You realize that's exactly how it works right? Public schools are not allowed to recruit. It happens from time to time but is illegal. On the other hand, Private schools actively recruit all the time and it's ok.

10 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

People should not include Silsbee in this recruiting trend going on. Silsbee has been dominating SETX in basketball for a long time with SILSBEE kids. Bigger schools that Silsbee should NEVER be able to play with. It is what we do from Silsbee and people really really hate that. On all levels!!! Name me 3 BASKETBALL players that have moved to Silsbee in HIGH SCHOOL to help them win in the last 10 years. 

Stop it we know who, but it’s irrelevant 

11 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

*eye roll*

44 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Enlighten me. Because I sure don't know. I know of ONE that moved in middle school. 

I'm almost certain I remember reading one time that the 2010 state tourney team had a couple of Kountze kids.  I brushed it off as a common occurrence between the two neighboring towns but I'm sure I either read that or was told that. 

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm almost certain I remember reading one time that the 2010 state tourney team had a couple of Kountze kids.  I brushed it off as a common occurrence between the two neighboring towns but I'm sure I either read that or was told that. 

Not to my knowledge no kids on the 2010 team were from Kountze.