Hamshire-Fannett 72 Silsbee 65/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, whsalum said:

HJ and Silsbee have been in different districts before and scheduled head to head games. I would be surprised if they don’t continue to play.

That’s good to hear, so HJ and HF will be with Huffman Hargrave, Liberty, Livingston, Shepherd and Splendora. How do you think they will do in that district?

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s good to hear, so HJ and HF will be with Huffman Hargrave, Liberty, Livingston, Shepherd and Splendora. How do you think they will do in that district?

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

They should be the favorite going in I would think. Huffman is always solid and will return a really solid shooting guard. HJ is pretty young with a lot of kids returning and some that will help moving up . HF returning all but one will make this district fun to watch.

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Maybe it's about when and how and why they transfer in that makes some cry.

AAW you know i respect  you a lot but stop with the transfer crusade because if it means that much then give back those state championships !!!!

All I hear is grown men get on this board cry about children wanting a chance to play the game they love. The game of basketball travels across a lot of boarders and if a kid wants to find an opportunity then let them. If the rule says they can play them so be it ,if they have to sit out a year so be it. But quit crying this is why this generation is softer than drug store cotton. Most of y’all act like these kids are criminal because they move in to play somewhere. Y’all don’t know what some of these kids are told at the school their leaving from you just assume . I could go on and on but If I knew what I knew now my son probably would’ve went to Nederland,silsbee, Houston yates or Klein  Forest and I bet no one would’ve said a word because it benefits them!!!!

10 minutes ago, Mamba said:

AAW you know i respect  you a lot but stop with the transfer crusade because if it means that much then give back those state championships !!!!

My point is kids that transfer in before high school is not so much frowned upon but when they show up as soph., juniors and sometimes seniors and when it's in the same year as a new head coach, then on the surface it looks suspicious.

Particularly when they have zero ties to a community.

Question, would these young men had transferred to HF had the same head coach been there? If they were in such a bad situation, then why not transfer before?

I am all about parents moving their children to better situations or in some cases it being a must move (jobs, family issues, etc.)

It's funny that 3 of these kids were transferred in as "football" guys so not to hit the radar from the other basketball coaches in the district. Sorry, but that is suspicious.

I don't recall any Silsbee kids on those state championship teams being in that same situation other than maybe Calvin Tyler and everybody knows he had major Silsbee ties and was a football player that played basketball.

I think Tigee is a very good coach, but lets pump the brakes on it being all about him getting their basketball program turned around in less than a season. Those "new" guys have a lot to do with it.

2 hours ago, Mamba said:

All I hear is grown men get on this board cry about children wanting a chance to play the game they love. The game of basketball travels across a lot of boarders and if a kid wants to find an opportunity then let them. If the rule says they can play them so be it ,if they have to sit out a year so be it. But quit crying this is why this generation is softer than drug store cotton. Most of y’all act like these kids are criminal because they move in to play somewhere. Y’all don’t know what some of these kids are told at the school their leaving from you just assume . I could go on and on but If I knew what I knew now my son probably would’ve went to Nederland,silsbee, Houston yates or Klein  Forest and I bet no one would’ve said a word because it benefits them!!!!

I have no problem with kids transferring. Even if it’s just for athletic reasons that’s their business in my opinion long as they are approved by the UIL. I have a problem with coaches RECRUITING. I find it hard to believe that 3 or 4 talented basketball kids decided to move to HF the same year on their own. If this type of thing gets out of hand it’s not only unfair to opponents to basically have to compete against “select teams”. It’s unfair to hometown kids who don’t get to rep their community because the coach has recruited a roster full of selects 

Sounds to me like grown men haters if it fits your narrative then its ok but when it doesn't you have a problem. If Tigee had a terrible season and their record was 8-25 none of you would have a thing to say . FYI relationships were established way before any of this So called recruitment stuff took place. Kids gravitate towards this man and if my son was still in school he would be playing for him. Wouldnt care if he had to sit out a year or whatever the case was . You really think he's the only coach in this area who has kids not from the community or recruiting as you say. Wheres the energy for the all the other schools I mentioned earlier like I said no comment on that huh . Go find a hobby or something instead of crying on a message board because you got beat 

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I don't recall any Silsbee kids on those state championship teams being in that same situation other than maybe Calvin Tyler and everybody knows he had major Silsbee ties and was a football player that played basketball.

I think Tigee is a very good coach, but lets pump the brakes on it being all about him getting their basketball program turned around in less than a season. Those "new" guys have a lot to do with

Its all water under the bridge but stop with the he had ties narrative its tired and played out, and you know he wasnt the only one who transferred in. But I get whatever makes it sound good. These new guys yall crying about would’ve been JV players at the their schools. Guess he knows something these other coaches don't know !!!

Every school has transfers once in a while and of course a lot of schools benefit from transfers. But there’s a difference between benefitting from transfers and actively recruiting transfers. I could be wrong but I’m not aware of any other schools in the area who have had 4 transfers in the same year. If you know any then enlighten me. 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

It’s unfair to hometown kids who don’t get to rep their community because the coach has recruited a roster full of selects 

Yea the same community who didnt show up when they were getting it handed to them. 3-4 guys come in and here comes the whining ,ask the other kids outside of the transfers do they want to go back to the ways of old. It’d be a resounding NO!

1 minute ago, Setx fan said:

Every school has transfers once in a while and of course a lot of schools benefit from transfers. But there’s a difference between benefitting from transfers and actively recruiting transfers. I could be wrong but I’m not aware of any other schools in the area who have had 4 transfers in the same year. If you know any then enlighten me. 

Silsbee,Hj,East Chambers 

7 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Silsbee,Hj,East Chambers 

I wasn’t aware that ever happened at Silsbee or HJ. I do have an idea about EC. They had 2 or 3 transfers last year and I believe they were all related and their family had ties to EC. That doesn’t stick out as recruitment to me. Just seems like EC benefited from legitimate transfers. Those things happen sometimes especially at schools that have a winning traditions 

Just now, Setx fan said:

I wasn’t aware that ever happened at Silsbee or HJ. I do have an idea about EC. They had 2 or 3 transfers last year and I believe they were all related and their family had ties to EC. That doesn’t stick out as recruitment to me. Just seems like EC benefited from legitimate transfers. Those things happen sometimes especially at schools that have a winning traditions 

Like what you did there, its ok .smh. Moving the goalposts I see, its cool keep telling yourselves that its fine if they have “family ties” lol...